LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be honest, this doesn't sound like a happy departure.
I think he wanted to retire before at the end of 2020 run (if it happened).

But with pandemic and all of the shit, Steve wanted him to do this 2022 run also and he wasn't happy about it.

Same here, also he left mid tour which is strange
That part is not so strange. I believe he left after he felt the new guy got a hang of things. I also believe he didn't want to do this tour, but had to, to teach some things to the new guy and supervise him for a while.

A man who wants to be at home isn't happy to be on tour and wants out ASAP and that's probably why he left after Euro leg.

Gonna be honest, this doesn't sound like a happy departure.
This post was made to emphasize the last sentence about the tickets, methinks. I'm sure Steve and Michael Kenney are good friends.
Does anybody know why Bruce stopped doing the scream at the end of Aces High?
To save his voice at the end of the concert? Btw, Aces High was the first song in the set in 1999, but Bruce skipped the scream, so we can't be sure.
Does Nicko slow it down for Bruce's benefit or is he just struggling to finish a full set these days?
This is not a surprise - one of Maiden's fastest songs and is the last song in the set. Nicko is doing very well imo.

It's seems that a Senjutsu tour won't happen next year according to what Bruce said during Maiden's show in Salt Lake City. :oops:

"We thought of something special for tonight, we thought we would play the whole new album from the first to the last song and nothing else. Oh, shit: I lied. It's nice to joke with someone with a sense of humor."

According to Iron Maiden Italia :

"This was Bruce's speech before The Writing on the Wall at last night's show in Salt Lake City. Bruce's joke was definitely made to get the "booos" from the audience. Even if he, who was the only one to talk about playing Senjutsu in full, starts using it as a pretext to make fun of the fans, it probably means that we must definitively put a stone on a possible tour with the whole album (which however, he did not already have many chances to see the light). Who knows if with the recent events we must also exclude a "classic" tour of support to the disc. Pandemic or not, not carrying new music around to do another Legacy tour would be the least Maiden thing Maiden can do, regardless of taste."

SOURCE : https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=513704080757153&set=a.502264858567742

It's seems that a Senjutsu tour won't happen next year according to what Bruce said during Maiden's show in Salt Lake City. :oops:

According to Iron Maiden Italia :

SOURCE :
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=513704080757153&set=a.502264858567742

I think people are reading too much into the significance of what Bruce said. I don't think Bruce meant anything more than a brief joke.

Also, we don't know what their plans are for next year yet, criticising them in advance of any tour annoucement, or set list reveal, is madness.

Finally, expecting the whole album and feeling hard done by if they don't play it is unrealistic. Playing the whole album is a complete rarity and this one is also 10 mins longer than AMOLAD, so you were probably looking at the album then Iron Maiden and then the encore, which would be really pushing it for casual fans.

Personally, I will be disappointed if we don't get the standard of at least 5/6 plus new songs on an album tour next year. But, I'll wait until it happens first rather than getting upset in advance by trying to read between the lines of what Bruce says.

I think people are reading too much into the significance of what Bruce said. I don't think Bruce meant anything more than a brief joke.

Also, we don't know what their plans are for next year yet, criticising them in advance of any tour annoucement, or set list reveal, is madness.

Finally, expecting the whole album and feeling hard done by if they don't play it is unrealistic. Playing the whole album is a complete rarity and this one is also 10 mins longer than AMOLAD, so you were probably looking at the album then Iron Maiden and then the encore, which would be really pushing it for casual fans.

Personally, I will be disappointed if we don't get the standard of at least 5/6 plus new songs on an album tour next year. But, I'll wait until it happens first rather than getting upset in advance by trying to read between the lines of what Bruce says.
I never criticized the band. It's Iron Maiden Italia, not me who is saying that. I just shared what IM Italia has wrote on its FB page, that's all. :halo:

I'm like you : I'm waiting for the next tour and I hope the band will play 5+ songs of 'Senjutsu', especially "Lost In A Lost World" and "The Parchment". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back