LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll say it again since the speculation returns every year: Maiden are never going to play old songs that they’ve never played live before. Anyone waiting for Alex or other crazy deep cuts is going to be waiting forever.
I would say if there is one old song that’s never been played live before that has a shot it is ATG. But don’t hold your breath, no matter how much Bruce promises they will some day, heh.

I'm almost sure they won't ever play Alexander The Great or Only The Good Die Young live. It would simply cause them too much work. It'd take more work than average effort, so why putting that much energy to their daily schedule when they sell their tickets anyway.

What are rather realistic rare songs, similar to Where Eagles dare, Flight of Icarus, For the Greater Good of God, The Clansman and Sign of the Cross on the Legacy of the Beast Tour?
Some i consider as possible:
Phantom of the Opera,
Running free,
Rime of The ancient mariner,
the Clairvoyant,
Stranger in a strange land,
Afraid to shot Strangers,
brave new world,
Ghost of the Navigator,
Paschendale,
Dance of Death,
when the wild Wind blows,
death or Glory.

However, I think the epics are unlikely due to the Senjutsu epics they will rather play. Though, i would love to hear When the Wild Wind blows, Paschendale and rime of the ancient mariner one day. But I guess they are only realistic during some Classics Tour. I am looking forward a lot to hear the Senjutsu epics as well.
Any thoughts?

What are rather realistic rare songs, similar to Where Eagles dare, Flight of Icarus, For the Greater Good of God, The Clansman and Sign of the Cross on the Legacy of the Beast Tour?
Phantom of the Opera,
Running free,
the Clairvoyant,
brave new world,
Ghost of the Navigator,
Paschendale,
Dance of Death,
death or Glory.

However, I think the epics are unlikely due to the Senjutsu epics they will rather play. Though, i would love to hear When the Wild Wind blows, Paschendale and rime of the ancient mariner one day. But I guess they are only realistic during some Classics Tour. I am looking forward a lot to hear the Senjutsu epics as well.
Any thoughts?
Children Of The Damned, The Prisoner

But Children of the damned was part of the Book of souls and prisoner of Maiden England Tour. Also they usually they already have 3 number of the Beast songs in the set. Therefore, something else would make more sense?

I'd say The Prisoner has fairly good chance to be played again, although it's a different matter if that goes for next year particularly. As for The Number of the Beast coverage, it might be that Run to the Hills will have some rest next year anyway. It hasn't been played on a album tour (save 2007 leg of AMOLAD/A Matter of the Beast) since 2003-04.

I’ll say it again since the speculation returns every year: Maiden are never going to play old songs that they’ve never played live before. Anyone waiting for Alex or other crazy deep cuts is going to be waiting forever.
Steve did recently mention he would like to play only the good die young live so its certainly not out of the question just unlikely because they are extremely lazy with sets

Steve did recently mention he would like to play only the good die young live so its certainly not out of the question just unlikely because they are extremely lazy with sets
They had the chance to play the whole Seventh Son of a Seventh Son album in the Maiden England Tour so that Steve thinking of play that song sounds a joke to me.
They would have to plan a tour with all that songs that they say that like to play live or shut up their bloody mouths IMHO

Gee, that background sure looks familiar...

ececdae6735fd7b0bdaa32136b484f6f.jpg

:ninja::ninja::ninja:
^ You know, you might be right - the updated poster has stars on it just like this Wasted Years artwork! The stars are absent from the original tour poster.

And Senjutsu-Somewhere In Time tour was predicted back in 1986 anyway...

sit 86.jpg
:p

Btw, was this an official artwork? Edit: I see Derek's sign and the year 2000 wow. It must have been an event shirt.

Last edited:
Phantom of the Opera,
Running free,
the Clairvoyant,
brave new world,
Ghost of the Navigator,
Paschendale,
Dance of Death,
death or Glory.

Any thoughts?
These Colours Don't Run
Man on the Edge
Prowler

^ You know, you might be right - the updated poster has stars on it just like this Wasted Years artwork! The stars are absent from the original tour poster.

And Senjutsu-Somewhere In Time tour was predicted back in 1986 anyway...

View attachment 21608
:p

Btw, was this an official artwork? Edit: I see Derek's sign and the year 2000 wow. It must have been an event shirt.
Where is that photo from? A booklet of SIT?

Given the choice, my wishlist for any given tour is always:

1. New songs. The boys aren't the youngest anymore, so I really appreciate their continued efforts to keep releasing new records and not only tour the classics. (Despite LOTB :p)

2. Never before played older songs. So far it's a rather unrealistic wish, since songs that haven't debuted on their album tour, won't be played on a later tour either. Steve's mention of Only The Good Die Young back when that SSOASS twitter listening party was is giving me a tiny bit of hope though.

3. Rare songs that haven't been played in a while. LOTB was actually pretty good about that. We got Where Eagles Dare, Flight Of Icarus, FTGGOG, the two Blaze epics. Would love to hear some more reunion era songs, maybe a few from the Blaze albums, or some older, rarer classics like Killers, Still Life or anything from SIT really.

4. Classics I guess. While at the concert I'll have a ton of fun for sure, but that doesn't change the fact that I'd rather get anything from the previous three categories, than RTTH, 2MTM, TNOTB, The Trooper, etc. all over again. Just look at the second disc of all the live albums and see how similar the tracklist ist. Of course, I understand that more casual fans want to hear the songs they actually know and love, but this comment is written from the diehard point of view.

My two cents on the topic.
I agree.
Senjutsu set, Killers song and Maiden Japan backdrop, we need that!
Top idea. Make it happen! I don't know why it hasn't been played live since 1999.
All of those songs you mentioned were rather unexpected to return live (so I don't think they're that lazy), but if I had to guess:
Bruce mentioned Prisoner, SIASL, ROTAM
Steve mentioned OTGDY
Nicko said he would like to play live SIASL and 22AA... and ATG, ofc.

I would also add: BNW, ATSS, DOD, TROBB, CIPWM and why not NPFTD. HCW, Clairvoyant and Powerslave too (because they were in LOTB 2018 tour poster hints).

I don't expect epics (because the long songs from Senjutsu will fill the setlist) or more Di'Anno/Blaze era songs (apart from Wrathchild, Running Free or Remember Tomorrow) or something from TFF/TBOS albums (apart from TFF, Coming Home, WTWWB, SOL and DOG).
They had the chance to play the whole Seventh Son of a Seventh Son album in the Maiden England Tour so that Steve thinking of play that song sounds a joke to me.
They would have to plan a tour with all that songs that they say that like to play live or shut up their bloody mouths IMHO
I always thought the only 80's album Maiden could play live from start to finish is TNOTB (Invaders will sound so much better live) or the debut.

Nicko said in an interview (TBOS era) that he and Dave had an idea of a tour with only never played live songs, iirc.
Where is that photo from? A booklet of SIT?
I don't know. It's curious.

@Moonchild Fillip the videos mention that you?! started the discussions regarding the different - somewhereintimiSH fonts????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back