LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very funny. The evidence supporting that Maiden had recorded a new album in 2019 was much stronger than any hints using the word somewhere this year.

I think that, at best, they will play Wasted Years next year and, at worst, they will also play Heaven Can Wait. :D

I’d love to see them play Stranger in a Strange Land live as the song rocks and they will surely be able to play it at the right tempo.
I know. Just having a bit of fun with @Perun

Very funny. The evidence supporting that Maiden had recorded a new album in 2019 was much stronger than any hints using the word somewhere this year.

I think that, at best, they will play Wasted Years next year and, at worst, they will also play Heaven Can Wait.

I’d love to see them play Stranger in a Strange Land live as the song rocks and they will surely be able to play it at the right tempo.
Hey now, I like Heaven Can Wait. I think it's a good song to play live with the fan participation. I really thought they would play it on the Book of Souls tour as a way of saying Bruce beat cancer. (perhaps he doesn't want to tempt fate)

Now I'm sure one of you knuckleheads will comment "Are you really sure Bruce would go to Heaven?" :D

I would love to hear Stranger again, as well.

What else they can play from SiT apart WY, HCW & SIASL?

CSiT and Long Distance Runner is immposible for them to play in their age. Deja Vu and ATG for sure not because they never play song first time live if it not on current album tour.

So only Sea of Madness remains.

As a ballad writers, Maiden boys are complete amateurs (regarding releases under Iron Maiden name)
Compared to Metallica, they suck big time in this department :D
I think we all agree that Hallowed is not a ballad.
Wasting Love is not great, to say it mildly, imo. Other ballady songs varies from palatable to meh, imo.

That would be a cool avatar!
I can't wait to see the tour poster for the album tour - I hope it will be Senjutsu Eddie on a horse with a castle as a background. I expect an epic poster for sure.
If 6 is the rule off Senjutsu I hope it’s

Days
I think the middle empty part will be strange live, a truly wasted potential for a cool harmony there.
I just hope that it will not be like A Matter of the Beast when they play only COTD and 3 classic from TNOB album
^ If it happens it will be something like this - 3 (or 4) songs at the most.
There is certainly no need for another 80s nostalgie tour.
You are right, but SIT tour deserves a proper concert video. As well as a tour of only Reunion era songs.
People are probably expecting too much from the band even if there is some sort of SiT subtheme to the next tour. Three songs is probably the absolute max, considering they will play six off Senjutsu and well they have to fit in the classics too. 2MTM and TETMD were off this year, they probably won't be next year. I think they will play a reunion era song too.

If we presume IM, NOTB, Hallowed, Fear and Trooper are basically guaranteed (they are), this would come to 14 songs already. Now, maybe they drop something from the classics pile unexpectedly since admittedly it is a bit oversized. That'd still be two songs left for rarities which sounds about right to me. Don't play the mandatory singular reunion track, three.
I think you are right.
All good with Heaven Can Wait. Fast paced rocker with classic gallop and nice solos.
Heaven Can Wait is indeed a pretty fast song (it has to be early in the set). Great live song with superb solos and the chorus is way better live (I don't like it in the studio version).
Deja Vu and ATG for sure not because they never play song first time live if it not on current album tour.
True, but who knows.

IM is only song that is played on every tour since it was released. So any song can be dropped for next tour.

I am afraid that they will bring back 2MTM and TETMD, I like those songs but man every tour they are playing almost in same cities why people need to hear again same songs live. They have so much other songs that would be great live.

IM is only song that is played on every tour since it was released. So any song can be dropped for next tour.

I am afraid that they will bring back 2MTM and TETMD, I like those songs but man every tour they are playing almost in same cities why people need to hear again same songs live. They have so much other songs that would be great live.
On this board we are the diehards. We want to hear different and varied songs every tour. The majority of fans want to hear the "hits" and songs they are familiar with (especially in the US). Pure and simple.

Last edited:
Given the choice, my wishlist for any given tour is always:

1. New songs. The boys aren't the youngest anymore, so I really appreciate their continued efforts to keep releasing new records and not only tour the classics. (Despite LOTB :p)

2. Never before played older songs. So far it's a rather unrealistic wish, since songs that haven't debuted on their album tour, won't be played on a later tour either. Steve's mention of Only The Good Die Young back when that SSOASS twitter listening party was is giving me a tiny bit of hope though.

3. Rare songs that haven't been played in a while. LOTB was actually pretty good about that. We got Where Eagles Dare, Flight Of Icarus, FTGGOG, the two Blaze epics. Would love to hear some more reunion era songs, maybe a few from the Blaze albums, or some older, rarer classics like Killers, Still Life or anything from SIT really.

4. Classics I guess. While at the concert I'll have a ton of fun for sure, but that doesn't change the fact that I'd rather get anything from the previous three categories, than RTTH, 2MTM, TNOTB, The Trooper, etc. all over again. Just look at the second disc of all the live albums and see how similar the tracklist ist. Of course, I understand that more casual fans want to hear the songs they actually know and love, but this comment is written from the diehard point of view.

My two cents on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back