LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell on Earth has had a seemingly great fan reception, racking up more views on YouTube than any other tracks besides Writing on the Wall, which naturally has an advantage in being the lead single and having a video. I seem to recall this was even acknowledged by the band's social media channels, with them saying something like 'You all seem to be liking this one a lot' or words to that effect.

I think its got a near certain chance of being in the set, if there's another Harris epic in the set, it will be The Parchment, but I could see it being Hell on Earth and a rarer old epic. In a dream world they would alternate Hell on Earth and The Parchment and maybe Stratego and Days of Future Past for a bit of setlist diversity and to give more of the album some live airing, but Maiden have tried similar before and clearly don't like doing it.

The Parchment live would be awesome for me. It used to be my favorite track when the album came out. However, i feared it might be not so realistic live due to its lenght and atmospheric instrumental parts. Many would consider it as not catchy enough i thought.

Here are the most popular tracks on Senjutsu based on the number of YouTube views (as of this writing) on Maiden’s official channel:

1. The Writing on the Wall: 28,361,743
2. Hell on Earth: 5,561,619
3. Stratego: 3,877,575
4. Senjutsu: 2,846,347
5. The Parchment: 2,120,687
6. Death of the Celts: 1,862,980
7. Lost in a Lost World: 1,657,319
8. Days of Future Past: 1,640,446
9. Darkest Hour: 1,435,146
10. The Time Machine: 1,028,777

If they pick the top 6 tracks on this list to play live, I guess they would be pleasing most fans. Not sure they’ll play 3 long Harris epics, though.

For a comparison that really makes it obvious: listen to CSIT and then listen to Stratego. Both are gallops, the latter is shorter, way way slower and Nicko still struggles with the bass drum part in a way he's not really ever done before with any song. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point if they dropped it in 2023 for another easier song from Senjutsu.

Yeah, studio version is ok (apart from the moody sound) but it’s less than great live. It won’t be missed.

Updated tour poster (with different colour and added LOTB Eddie) for the remaining dates of LOTB:

View attachment 21594

I like the colours a lot.
Yeah, I saw that on the band's FB. I guess the colour means the end of the LOTB tour. The greenish-blueish colour recalls the one used for the "Speed Of Light" Eddie travelling through time and space. And, if you noticed, the cathedral of LOTB on the left of the poster is becoming a ruin giving more meaning to the end of the 3rd and last leg of the LOTB tour. Added to the fact that the band will surely play some SIT songs next year, the "vortex" behind the Trooper and Samouraï Eddies could signify a travel through space and time confirming what Bruce has said in Zürich and Lisbon about the SOT and SIT. The fact that the shape of this vortex is a circle or spherical could also remain the crystal ball of the cover of The Clairvoyant single... That's why I strongly believe that the band will also play some tracks from SSOASS, more particularly "The Clairvoyant".

Updated tour poster (with different colour and added LOTB Eddie) for the remaining dates of LOTB:

View attachment 21594

I like the colours a lot.
Gee, that background sure looks familiar...

ececdae6735fd7b0bdaa32136b484f6f.jpg

:ninja::ninja::ninja:

Hell on Earth has had a seemingly great fan reception, racking up more views on YouTube than any other tracks besides Writing on the Wall, which naturally has an advantage in being the lead single and having a video. I seem to recall this was even acknowledged by the band's social media channels, with them saying something like 'You all seem to be liking this one a lot' or words to that effect.

if there's another Harris epic in the set, it will be The Parchment,
Precisely.
but I wonder if the fade out outro might see them play something else instead
The fade out outro of SIASL was done great in 1986 and 1999.
The Parchment live would be awesome for me. It used to be my favorite track when the album came out. However, i feared it might be not so realistic live due to its lenght and atmospheric instrumental parts. Many would consider it as not catchy enough i thought.
The Parchment and The Red And The Black are very similar, both songs were written to be great live songs, I think. Some might find the latter more catchy. The Parchment has no chorus and only one tempo change at the end, but I think the 6 solos, the faster ending and the mesmerizing flow of the song should help.
Here are the most popular tracks on Senjutsu based on the number of YouTube views (as of this writing) on Maiden’s official channel:

1. The Writing on the Wall: 28,361,743
2. Hell on Earth: 5,561,619
3. Stratego: 3,877,575
4. Senjutsu: 2,846,347
5. The Parchment: 2,120,687
6. Death of the Celts: 1,862,980
7. Lost in a Lost World: 1,657,319
8. Days of Future Past: 1,640,446
9. Darkest Hour: 1,435,146
10. The Time Machine: 1,028,777

If they pick the top 6 tracks on this list to play live, I guess they would be pleasing most fans. Not sure they’ll play 3 long Harris epics, though.
I'm surprised that Days Of Future Past is so low. And maybe Darkest Hour too. The Time Machine to be last is undeserved, but I guess an album full of great songs can do that. Agree about 3 long Harris epics.
but it’s less than great live. It won’t be missed.
It just needs some backing vocals in the second part of the chorus and tbh the verses are too specific for a live performance. You can't have a Senjutsu tour without this song.
I guess the colour means the end of the LOTB tour. The greenish-blueish colour recalls the one used for the "Speed Of Light" Eddie travelling through time and space. And, if you noticed, the cathedral of LOTB on the left of the poster is becoming a ruin giving more meaning to the end of the 3rd and last leg of the LOTB tour. Added to the fact that the band will surely play some SIT songs next year, the "vortex" behind the Trooper and Samouraï Eddies could signify a travel through space and time confirming what Bruce has said in Zürich and Lisbon about the SOT and SIT. The fact that the shape of this vortex is a circle or spherical could also remain the crystal ball of the cover of The Clairvoyant single... That's why I strongly believe that the band will also play some tracks from SSOASS, more particularly "The Clairvoyant".
I agree about the meaning of the colour. The other things (the cathedral becoming a ruin and the vortex) are part of the original poster too.

I think there is enough cryptic clues to warrant the whole "somewhere on tour" thing is happening in some capacity. Won't be too long to know for sure. There will be 2023 tour dates in the coming months

Maybe the setlist will look like this :

1) Speed Of Light (for the intro into the travel through space and time)
2) Caught Somewhere In Time
3) Senjutsu
4) Stratego
5) Sea Of Madness
6) Heaven Can Wait (or Infinite Dreams)
7) The Time Machine
8) Lost In A Lost World
9) The Parchment
10) Days Of Future Past
11) Alexander The Great
12) The Clairvoyant
13) Iron Maiden

14) Stranger In A Strange Land
15) Hell On Earth
16) Run To The Hills

I hope all those "somewhere tour" romours are wrong. There is certainly no need for another 80s nostalgie tour. They should give more chance to the songs from the last 3-4 albums. As for Senjutsu songs, regardless of youtube statistics The Time Machine must and hopefully will be played as it really sounds perfect for stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back