LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it might be that wait for CSIT or ID to be played..then we get Wrathchild and 2MTM instead?
Hope not..as I would definitely like to hear CSIT, ID or any other long forgotten song

Yes, it is. But, why not ? Aces High is a very speedy song, but the band is still playing it. Caught Somewhere In Time is also a speedy track, so...

I'd love for CSIT to be played again, but I believe it's one of the least realistic picks. It's very long and incredibly fast (listen to Nicko's bass drum work). It's quite challenging vocally as well, Bruce always had trouble with the chorus for some reason. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'd say there's like a 99% chance it'll never be played again.

I'd love for CSIT to be played again, but I believe it's one of the least realistic picks. It's very long and incredibly fast (listen to Nicko's bass drum work). It's quite challenging vocally as well, Bruce always had trouble with the chorus for some reason. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'd say there's like a 99% chance it'll never be played again.
Which do you think has better possibility (tiny % in reality) to be played live CSIT or ID?
Both have been absent from the setlists since the album tours and they still didn't get them into the setlist for the history tours anyways.
Getting Flight Of Icarus back to the setlist proved that they might even revisit these old, forgotten tunes still..

Which do you think has better possibility (tiny % in reality) to be played live CSIT or ID?
Both have been absent from the setlists since the album tours and they still didn't get them into the setlist for the history tours anyways.
Getting Flight Of Icarus back to the setlist proved that they might even revisit these old, forgotten tunes still..

Between those ID for sure. Especially, since they tried rehearsing it back for Maiden England 2013.

Since we're doing setlists for the next tour, here's mine:

1.Senjutsu
2.Stratego
3.The Writing on the Wall
4.The Time Machine
5.Darkest Hour
6.Hell on Earth
Blade Runner End Theme
7.Caught Somewhere in Time
8.Wasted Years
9.Sea of Madness
10.Stranger in a Strange Land
11.Deja Vu
12.Alexander the Great
Encore
13. The Number of the Beast
14. Infinite Dreams
Encore 2
15.The Trooper
16. The Clairvoyant

My setlist is looking more and more realistic lol
Do you think somebody on the Maiden camp is looking at these forums?

My setlist is looking more and more realistic lol
Do you think somebody on the Maiden camp is looking at these forums?
Nope.

And CSIT won't ever be played again. 99,5% sure of that. Listen to the album version. To bass drum especially. Nicko in 2018 stated that the fastet he can play the bass drum nowadays is the Wicker Man chorus. And that's a small segment. CSIT is at a brutal speed the whole song.

This is what Bruce said on the Talk is Jericho podcast about playing Senjutsu in full:

'And we all appreciate that that is something that really diehard fans will probably love and other people will go, ‘Hmmm, I'm not gonna go see that.’ So the answer is you play smaller venues so that they sell out with just your diehard fans.'

If they're playing Wacken, I would infer that this means they're categorically not playing the album in full anymore, in case there's any doubt.

This is what Bruce said on the Talk is Jericho podcast about playing Senjutsu in full:

'And we all appreciate that that is something that really diehard fans will probably love and other people will go, ‘Hmmm, I'm not gonna go see that.’ So the answer is you play smaller venues so that they sell out with just your diehard fans.'

If they're playing Wacken, I would infer that this means they're categorically not playing the album in full anymore, in case there's any doubt.
Nicko stated later that the original plan was to play Senjutsu in full. But that plan has changed since and is now 6 Senjutsu songs, rarities and a few classics.

Nope.

And CSIT won't ever be played again. 99,5% sure of that. Listen to the album version. To bass drum especially. Nicko in 2018 stated that the fastet he can play the bass drum nowadays is the Wicker Man chorus. And that's a small segment. CSIT is at a brutal speed the whole song.

The voice of reason!

They have not been played Wrathchild live since 2017. Time to dust off this rarity!

By the way, where do you get that the plan is now to play 6 Senjutsu songs, rarities and a few classics?

A fun fact: Wrathchild, unlike most of the other oldies that are considered live staples, has not been a part of Iron Maiden setlist for a full tour cycle since 2000-2001. Every single time Wrathchild has been played since has been either an inclusion after the tour has already started or part of the setlist changes between tour "legs."

A fun fact: Wrathchild, unlike most of the other oldies that are considered live staples, has not been a part of Iron Maiden setlist for a full tour cycle since 2000-2001. Every single time Wrathchild has been played since has been either an inclusion after the tour has already started or part of the setlist changes between tour "legs."
I guess that depends on if you count GMETID and DOD tours as one. I do not, since DOD had completely different stage set (and was also the beginning of the stage setup that Maiden still use today).

And I am really grateful for that!! :lol:

It is their very lazy choice of a song to play when they want to add some small changes to their setlists when extending tours or feel that a song needs to be replaced.

Pretty sure Nicko said it during one of his rants during Titanium Tart shows before they started rehearsals. He even stated that Senjutsu is too long to play in full, as if they did that, the show would be Senjutsu plus FOTD, HBTN and Iron Maiden.

Thanks! I have not followed Nicko’s extra-curricular activities recently, so I have missed that.

I agree that Senjutsu is too long to play in full (and also think it is not good enough to deserve being played live in its entirety).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back