LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, mods may have to eat their hats, if speculations about SIT themed tour will come true. (They locked one thread recently). And I will have no fear, and say it once more, loud and proud: Alexander The Great CONFIRMED! :D

I think at best you might get a winter tour with the whole album as hinted at by Bruce, and a cabaret tour for the lucrative festival money. Legacy of the Beast 4 most likely, and if they announce a Senjutsu winter tour in tandem then I wouldn't be surprised if no Senjutsu is in the summer festival tour.

But most likely is similar to 2007 as already said.
I also thought about that, it's possible, but I don't think they will do 2 different tours in one year (like it was in 2003). Although the SIT hints could be real, I mean we know they like that.

A scenario similar to the 2007 tour is likely though - 6 new songs, a few SIT songs (maybe 4) and the usual classics. Let's also not forget that the original LOTB setlist had 4 POM songs. But I doubt they will do a whole SIT themed tour and next year is too soon for another Hits tour. As I said, the whole 2023 (probably 6 months) will be for Senjutsu with a possible short 2nd leg in 2024 and a new album the following year. I think this time they will skip the Hits tour, unless it will be only 1 year, but that's unlikely.

If the Senjutsu tour will be only 1 leg, then it's curious what they will choose for 2024. I bet for a new album. A short Hits tour (like the one in 2005) for 2024 would be an interesting idea - a 90's themed tour is the best option.

Which SIT songs have chances to be played live again:

Caught Somewhere In Time - no big chance, it has to be the opener.
Wasted Years - yes.
Sea Of Madness - no big chance, although it's not a difficult song.
Heaven Can Wait - it has a chance, but I don't know if they want so many fans backstage again.
The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner - no chance.
Stranger In A Strange Land - maybe, but it's 50/50.
Deja-Vu - I doubt.
Alexander The Great - it has a better chance than Stranger imo, not 100% sure, ofc.

So, 4 songs (WY, HCW, SIASL and ATG) is possible, I guess. SIT is ''the forgotten'' 80's album for live performances, unfortunately.

My take on the Somewhere in Time hype:

...I think speculation about Somewhere in Time time being somewhat central to next tour are very far-fetched, but as I've often expressed, Stranger in a Strange Land truly is somewhat potential cut to be "dusted-off" in the near future. Wasted Years might very well make it's return as well. That would be rather cool SiT coverage! In that sense, I slightly disagree with @Kalata above about ATG (my bet for it in 2023 is "no") having slightly better chance to appear than Stranger in a Strange Land. Who knows!

Heaven Can Wait isn't exactly on the top of my wishlist and if they keep ME-TBOS-LOTB tour level theatrics/props, I doubt the crew would want any extra hassle with getting fans through backstage and such.

Of course no-one has said that Heaven Can Wait couldn't be played without the fans-on-stage feature, but I don't think it's that exciting song to begin with. Good one, but given it's runtime and all, I'd very much welcome something else instead. Not complaining if they'll end up playing it, but I remain doubtful.

So, do I realistically expect Somewhere in Time getting some setlist coverage over the upcoming tour(s)? YES - it's actually rather plausible scenario.
Do I believe that 2023 will see a Senjutsu+Somewhere in Time tour? NO.

Do I think it's possible for Somewhere in Time Eddie and/or certain callbacks to be somehow featured in the stage show and the marketing of the next tour (or the one after it)? Again, plausible scenario. SiT Eddie and the visual callbacks to that era have been featured in Maiden stage sets and merch for a long time - sometimes more, sometimes less upfront.

My memory was wrong then, I saw footage of Breeg and assumed it was on that tour.
You were probably thinking of 2010 where breeg was played

I think at best you might get a winter tour with the whole album as hinted at by Bruce, and a cabaret tour for the lucrative festival money. Legacy of the Beast 4 most likely, and if they announce a Senjutsu winter tour in tandem then I wouldn't be surprised if no Senjutsu is in the summer festival tour.

But most likely is similar to 2007 as already said.

I know they need to recoup the losses associated with not touring during the pandemic, but I do not think there will be a winter tour. Apparently British Lion will be touring in early 2023 and I have heard some rumours about Bruce doing some Concerto shows like the one he did in Hungary not that long ago.

Im only hyped and hoping for any news regarding next years tour, then the next tour and next album etc.
But it keeps creeping to my mind, that they don't have too many years left. Leaves me sad..as sands of time are running low.
We might be facing the last chapters of our favorite band but hope that we will still have plenty of good times ahead.

Up The Irons!

I really like what Maiden has been doing with their setlist structure over the past couple of tours; there are some issues with Aces High in the encore and whatever, but overall, I think "unusual" setlist positions for some songs often give a very welcome shake to things. In that regard, I hope that the currently featured hits and those most likely return for next year (2 Minutes to Midnight and/or The Evil That Men Do) will be placed with that in mind. Say, The Evil That Men Do early in the set (e.g as a fourth song, right after TWOTW), something similar for The Number of the Beast if it's played etc.

The current set might look a bit odd on the paper and granted, it's dramatic flow isn't quite as ingenious as the original LOTB setlist, but it went down very well for me anyway! The Trooper & The Clansman make for a brilliant encore, loosely akin to how well Blood Brothers and Wasted Years made rather emotional yet triumphant closure to the TBOS set. :)

The current set might look a bit odd on the paper and granted, it's dramatic flow isn't quite as ingenious as the original LOTB setlist, but it went down very well for me anyway! The Trooper & The Clansman make for a brilliant encore, loosely akin to how well Blood Brothers and Wasted Years made rather emotional yet triumphant closure to the TBOS set. :)

Even after witnessing it live I feel that Senjutsu isn't that great of an opener, but that's probably because it's one of the weaker songs of the album, in my opinion. The rest of the set worked great (barring Aces High at the end) and The Clansman in particular works brilliantly as an encore.

Last edited:
It would be a great troll if they play songs from somewhere in time and don’t play Alexander the Great :lol:
I have no interest they play that song and don’t like they play it just for the fans asking for it.
I guess they will play CSIT, WY, HCW and ATG. Maybe a surprise song with SIASTL and/or SOM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back