LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they’ve covered some songs much better than the originals:
Women in Uniform
I’ve got the fire ( both covers with Paul and Bruce)
Cross eyed Mary
Rainbows Gold
King of Twilight
I can’t see my feeling
Communication Breakdown
Kill me Ce soir

And they failed with others
I'd honestly disagree with I Can't See My Feelings. They did the bare minimum of work to "cover" a song and skipped out a bunch of sections and inserted whatever they wanted for it. Bruce also sounds pretty, idk, disinterested in his performance. Metallica honest to God did Budgie far better with interpretations that actually sound good which really should put Harris to shame.

Yeah, I can't think of any very good covers. There are some decent ones I suppose but nothing special. But that goes the other way as well. With the exception of Doctor Doctor (which is far better than the original), Maiden haven't really done any very good covers.

Is it because Maiden's style and sound is so unique it's difficult to replicate, and when Maiden themselves cover others it seems off?
I believe this one is good
Unless you meant covers by maiden? In which case the SiT ones and Massacre are superb, the ones on the powerslave singles are good too

I'd honestly disagree with I Can't See My Feelings. They did the bare minimum of work to "cover" a song and skipped out a bunch of sections and inserted whatever they wanted for it. Bruce also sounds pretty, idk, disinterested in his performance. Metallica honest to God did Budgie far better with interpretations that actually sound good which really should put Harris to shame.
The guitar solos are great

I guess it's a matter of taste whether you prefer Metallica's covers of Budgie over Maiden's. But, the idea that Maiden did the bare minimum and Metallica put effort in is not true. Both Metallica covers are credited as being "not produced" on their respective releases.

I guess it's a matter of taste whether you prefer Metallica's covers of Budgie over Maiden's. But, the idea that Maiden did the bare minimum and Metallica put effort in is not true. Both Metallica covers are credited as being "not produced" on their respective releases.

That’s definitely better than being produced by Steve Harris. :D

While I agree that Maiden is a very difficult band to cover successfully, there are a couple of covers that are actually superior to the originals in my opinion. First ist the Iced Earth cover of Transylvania. I haven't listened to the band since the storming of the capitol and don't think I'll ever listen to them again, but credit where credit's due I guess.

The other one's an Ides Of March/Purgatory cover by Steel Prophet.

I've listened to this version so much more that whenever I listen to Killers in its entirety I'm caught off guard when friggin' Wrathchild starts after Ides Of Mach :p The additional guitar harmonies are all kinds of awesome as well.

About Cradle: I usually love their approach to covers (I adore their version of Devil Woman), but HBTN is a bit lacking I feel. I prefer their cover to the original studio version, but the Maiden live versions are superior of course.

Cross eyed Mary

Seriously? It's completely unlistenable, arguably Bruce's worst moment. Not by his own fault, but still, it's on the same level of intolerability as a screaming baby to me. And this is not some edgy exaggeration, I really can't listen all the way through. One of the biggest fuckups of their career.

Yeah, I can't think of any very good covers. There are some decent ones I suppose but nothing special. But that goes the other way as well. With the exception of Doctor Doctor (which is far better than the original), Maiden haven't really done any very good covers.

Is it because Maiden's style and sound is so unique it's difficult to replicate, and when Maiden themselves cover others it seems off?
I think this ska cover of a famous Maiden song is quite funny an cool :).

Wacken, omfg. I guess that means: Wacken will be the only date in my country in 2023. And one thing of many things sucking about Wacken is: No day tickets available. I'm not interested in 95% of the bands there, and that means I would have to spend more than 200 Euro for a full festival ticket just to see Maiden. I'll go abroad next year to see Maiden, that's for sure. Holland, Belgium and maybe Denmark.

Hoping that Maiden will get it's own concert here in Finland next year, as it's always better than festival.
I would like to have indoor show as in 2018, when theres more darkness the lights and show is more visible than in sunny evening.
But seeing them on june 4th at Rockfest, Hyvinkää proved that almost everyone was wearing Maiden-shirt so..
Any Maiden live is great, so Im waiting and looking forward to details!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back