LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean didn't Bruce tease the Somewhere in Time tour on stage at Download 2007? I wouldn't completely rule it out, but I'm not expecting a SITjutsu tour.

During the entirety of the 2007 tour, Bruce announced onstage that they'd be back onstage with pyramids and mummies the next year. There was zero mystery to it and no interpretation was necessary.

You guys just want to hype yourselves into an SIT tour next year because you can't let go of the idea that ATG must be played live.

I wonder if they would ever do an ‘Evening with Maiden’ type of thing.

I think for their final tour that would be amazing like this- just 3 hrs (with breaks of course) Stories from the band, chats, banter, the hits and the deep cuts.

Maybe not many shows, a few days between and in bigger markets.

One could dream.

A 100 minute set is tough enough for Bruce, so there’s no way they’ll follow Rush’s example and do something more demanding like a significantly longer set.

At this stage most likely. But still, switching out 3 to 5 songs that they have played in the past for years shouldn’t be that much of an issue.

True, but I cannot see it happening. They were not able to alternate between Dance of Death and Paschendale on the 2010 leg of The Final Frontier tour, so imagine them being even more adventurous!

I’ve never liked bands covers of Maiden
Yeah, I can't think of any very good covers. There are some decent ones I suppose but nothing special. But that goes the other way as well. With the exception of Doctor Doctor (which is far better than the original), Maiden haven't really done any very good covers.

Is it because Maiden's style and sound is so unique it's difficult to replicate, and when Maiden themselves cover others it seems off?

Yeah, I can't think of any very good covers. There are some decent ones I suppose but nothing special. But that goes the other way as well. With the exception of Doctor Doctor (which is far better than the original), Maiden haven't really done any very good covers.

Is it because Maiden's style and sound is so unique it's difficult to replicate, and when Maiden themselves cover others it seems off?
I think they’ve covered some songs much better than the originals:
Women in Uniform
I’ve got the fire ( both covers with Paul and Bruce)
Cross eyed Mary
Rainbows Gold
King of Twilight
I can’t see my feeling
Communication Breakdown
Kill me Ce soir

And they failed with others

I think they’ve covered some songs much better than the originals:
Women in Uniform
I’ve got the fire ( both covers with Paul and Bruce)
Cross eyed Mary
Rainbows Gold
King of Twilight
I can’t see my feeling
Communication Breakdown
Kill me Ce soir

And they failed with others

Pretty much every Maiden one is great IMO, some are a bit jokey like Space Station No. 5 or Hocus Pocus, but they are bsides rather than "covers" per se, Maiden "covered" them as a bit of fun, not as a short cut to a hit like Diamonds and Rust or Cum on Feel the Noize.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I always liked CoF cover of HBTN. (Aside from the needless inclusion of MF’er)
I like the drama of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back