LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to know what plugin Tony Newton uses to emulate a crowd roar between the songs. Probably is his copyright shit with his name.

Can I ask you a question here regarding the latest live album Nights Of The Dead, which was produced by Tony Newton:

How did he manage to fuck up that crowd sound at the early part of Revelations? Sounds really dreadful when thinking how it could and should have sounded.

Can I ask you a question here regarding the latest live album Nights Of The Dead, which was produced by Tony Newton:

How did he manage to fuck up that crowd sound at the early part of Revelations? Sounds really dreadful when thinking how it could and should have sounded.

They probably did not have any audience microphones and Tony had to come up with something that sounded like a loud Mexican audience.

Needless to say he failed miserably.

Don't they always have audience mics? In Greece they had 2 on 2018. Most bands have audience mics which get mixed into their IEM so they can hear the crowd.
They do. As soon as somebody is playing with in-ears, you have to have audience (ambient) mics, unless they want to be in a completely different world.

@GhostofCain is just joking and bringing forward the miserable faliures of mr. Newton on Nights Of The Dead.

It's a TV-highlights special. This is suffeciently good for that, as in I've heard way worse (and way better too, mind you).

I pretty much agree. I love the sounds of live albums that Maiden has recorded thanks to Kevin between 2001 and 2011 (Rock In Rio, Death On The Road, Flight 666, En Vivo). Since The Book Of Souls - The Live Chapter, the sound is not punchy. There's a cruel lack of energy and dynamics. It doesn't correspond to the music of our favorite band anymore. That's a real shame. We should create a petition to have Kevin back on board for the live shows and to throw Tony Newton and Ade Emsley overboard.
Instead of a petition, I think people on the official forum should make a discussion regarding change of a new producer, some someone in the Maiden camp monitors the forum. Spamming comments on their social media could also have an effect.

It is not like every day I listen to any Maiden live album, but I don’t have much problems with the last few live albums. They have the same amateur productions like A real live one and A real dead one though. Death on the road and Flight 666 however sounds brilliant!

The other bands on the Download highlights show sounded better. Properly mixed.
It's a TV-highlights special. This is suffeciently good for that, as in I've heard way worse (and way better too, mind you).
I say this as a harsh critic of NoTD: Just bloody enjoy the clips. It isnt an official release. It is good enough for what it is - free bonus clips. There are several reunion pro shot or FM broadcasted gigs which sounds as lackluster or outright messier. You paid nothing for this. Enjoy the songs and save the complaints for an official release. You (note, not you in particular) only get in the way of your own enjoyment by getting pissed at free bonus clips. If this was a full video or FM show broadcast I'd chime in (although a fair bit of the post 2008 reunion broadcasts aren't great either) but it is not. It is a bonus.

Last edited:
Key word in the context was "full". :)

But that does not make any difference, does it? I would understand the live mix being dodgy if the broadcast was simultaneous to the gig, but Tony Newton has had plenty of time to mix these tracks for the Download 2022 Sky Arts programme. The final result sounding so shit speaks volumes of the people who have the final say of what Maiden agree to release.

The difference it makes is this is just a few bonus clips. Bonus. Would you rather not have them? The level and volume of complaints on the forum is really tiring at times. You are getting free clips. They sound decent. Good? Nah, but the level of fan expectations have damn near skyrocketed the past 15 years. I call myself rather picky with sound in general, but damn... It is not a big deal when it is a few select bonus clips. I am just happy we get them. I am happy to rip less than stellar official releases and full official broadcasts though.

Last edited:
The difference it makes is this is just a few bonus clips. Bonus. Would you rather not have them? The level and volume of complaints on the forum is really tiring ar times. You are getting free clips. They sound decent. Good? Nah, but the level of fan expectations have damn near skyrocketed the past 15 years. I call myself rather picky with sound in general, but damn...
I get this completely. It feels like people want to have a conversation about Maiden but have nothing really to talk about so fall back on the old “maidens sound/production is shit” tired chat.

I’m quite sick of hearing it now to be honest. Maidens production and live sound is what it is. No amount of complaining on a forum will ever change how the band do things. It’s like some people think if they go on about it enough on a forum it will somehow get back to Steve and he’ll be like “wow, quick lads we need to change how we do stuff because a few internet nerds keep complaining”.

This will never ever happen. The only thing that might possibly get the attention of the band would be a drastic drop in sales but I bet everyone who’s complained about say NOTD bought a copy and no doubt plenty bought multiple formats so unless you vote with your wallet and don’t buy any future Maiden live albums don’t expect anything to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back