LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my initial thought as well, since it's so odd for Maiden to put him in the opening song. Maybe during rehearsals they realized it needed something extra to energize the crowd, since the song itself miiiiiiight not do the job.
In my opinion the band are so desperate to dump the whole legacy of the beast tour and play new songs that’s why they have the whole Senjutsu stage set and Eddie.

In my opinion the band are so desperate to dump the whole legacy of the beast tour and play new songs that’s why they have the whole Senjutsu stage set and Eddie.
if that were the case, why announce a whole NA leg of the tour? Why not complete the European shows take a 6 week break and debut the new Senjutsu set? They certainly were not obliged to bring the tour over here for a second time. So it was a real odd decision too.

if that were the case, why announce a whole NA leg of the tour? Why not complete the European shows take a 6 week break and debut the new Senjutsu set? They certainly were not obliged to bring the tour over here for a second time. So it was a real odd decision too.
To make money.

And if they had gone for a Senjutsu tour they would have needed extra rehearsals and time to work on stage design etc.

To make money.

And if they had gone for a Senjutsu tour they would have needed extra rehearsals and time to work on stage design etc.
Lazy excuse. They have the basics for the stage set already in place. Could have easily rehearsed more than 14 songs in the 4 weeks they had together before the tour started.

Could have easily transitioned from one tour to another they have in the past gimme ed to dod.

They just simply chose to take the easy way out and most likely do a half assed senjutsu tour next year to get it done and over with only going to select places

Major change of Adrian's stage clothes (from the show in Denmark) - he is with the vest from ME tour:

Attachments

• Adrian.jpg
    Adrian.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 35
Money

Probably offered too much to turn down.

tumblr_ppcmzcQl0o1urtgw2o4_1280.gifv

Come hear the music play
Life is a cabaret, old chum
Come to the cabaret

To make money.

And because their original plan was LOTB tour to have 3 legs (Senjutsu would have been released in 2020 after the end of the tour). They just stick to their original plan.

The Book of Souls and The Red and the Black. Both great songs from start to finish...
I totally agree with the Book Of Souls. In the case of The Red And The Black it had the potential to enter my top 10 all time Maiden songs. Great lyrics, amazing sing along bridge, an out of this world chorus and an extensive array of stunning guitar harmonies and solos. That being said there are three things that IMO seriously downgrade it:

a) The first one is a bit of a paradox. Maiden has lots of jaw dropping gorgeous refrains and IMO The Red And The Black's is up there with the best of them. Nevertheless it's almost criminal how such a fantastic passage is only played once when previous to that there's several iterations of the verses and bridge.

b) A minor complain that seems to be common for the last two studio albums and that's the quality of the keyboard sound. Hell in Somewhere in Time and especially Seventh Son the keys sounded great! Even in their 2000's releases (especially Dance Of Death) keyboards are really present throughout the record and it also sounds pretty damn great. But on The Book Of Souls and especially Senjutsu they sound kinda cheap.

c) The last issue and the one that truly bothers me is something Iron Maiden has fully embraced on the last albums and that's the guitar lead mimicking the voice lines. Overall it sounds a bit lazy but on a fair amount of songs it doesn't bother me. Now IMO both vocal line like guitar melodies during the verses on The Red And The Black are so forced and badly placed it's almost ridiculous. Those are blatantly melodies meant for singing! Man it would sound sooooooo much better without it.

And still with all these details I consider to be detrimental I still hold the song in pretty high regard being my second favorite from the record. But I'd say it again: it would be enough to cut the mimicking guitar from the verses and it would be EASILY my favorite from the lot.

They are are all in their mid 60's now and Nicko is 70. You want them to tour like they did 38 years ago? If they were lazy they wouldn't be touring at all or making records. Hell, Steve is playing British Lion dates on Maiden off days. Is that lazy?
I don't think anyone's asking for 100 dates in a year or anything like that, just for it to make sense. The North American LotB 2.0 tour was announced three months after Senjutsu was released.

I don't think anyone's asking for 100 dates in a year or anything like that, just for it to make sense. The North American LotB 2.0 tour was announced three months after Senjutsu was released.
Exactly right. Bringing legacy back to NA made zero sense. Especially with Adrian saying playing the new stuff is the lifeline of the band, you would think they would want to get legacy over and done with as quick as they can not drag it on the entire year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back