LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's incredible about this is that Kiss fans will defend Paul for lip syncing but Maiden fans will attack Bruce for singing live.
Hard to get valid reason for anybody going to see Kiss nowadays, paying hard earned money for this "performance". Kiss performs partly live or trying to perform live. No wonder they've used tapes for years as Paul's voice is totally shot. Maybe some will still go and see only the show. I've only seen Kiss once, but it was luckily around the time before the problems with Paul's voice started to emerge. Embarrassing and by doing things like this, they should have called it a day. Same goes for Jon Bon Jovi, they surely know the problems but as long as someone is willing to pay for the tickets, the show must go on.
Bruce is doing great and Im proud of Maiden still deliver it live and they can still nail it. :fencing:

Gene's comment from 2015:
"I have a problem when you charge $100 to see a live show and the artist uses backing tracks," Simmons said. "It's like the ingredients in food. If the first ingredient on the label is sugar, that's at least honest. It should be on every ticket — you're paying $100, 30 to 50 percent of the show is [on] backing tracks and they'll sing sometimes, sometimes they'll lip sync. At least be honest. It's not about backing tracks, it's about dishonesty. There's nobody with a synthesizer on our stage, there's no samples on the drums, there's nothing."

It's all pure business (and hypocrisy) as that's what it's been for sure:

KISS are offering various ‘Meet & Greet’ packages for their End of the Road World Tour ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 US.
KISS‘ Ultimate KISS Army Experience costs $5,000 US and entails:
“Very limited availability – this is the ultimate KISS ARMY Fan Experience!

Last edited:
Reading all this, I was curious to see Kiss live (never before I had) so I went to YouTube and did a search. From many available options I figured out that 1996 would be a good year to take an idea of a Kiss live; first year of reunion, first year of nostalgia, 20+ years on tour, by all means a seasoned band.

Wow. Serious live stuff. And Ace Frehley a beast of sound.
I now suspect what causes Perun's law (As a discussion about Maiden grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Kiss approaches 1.)
Kiss is the bar to clear. Was.

This is what I saw

(sorry for mumbling about Maiden in the middle of a KISS debate!)

I'm pondering the possibility of being able to see Maiden in Gothenburg, after all. I could possibly make it. It'd be quick trip with several hours of quality time at the airport activity included, but... I'm tempted. I'll know soon enough when I find out the budget limits I'm operating with.

All the more reason, I'm super happy that I managed to make the trip to Latvia last week. That show was so amazing and I'm still extremely grateful for the chance to catch the band and witness some of those extraordinary songs played live - possibly for the last time ever!

I keep repeating it: Sign of the Cross!!!

As for Aces High, yes, I get the issue, as much as I enjoyed the performance. However, I think the spot as a closer might actually be the most forgivable at this point. They clearly want to open with the new stuff - partially due to stage production - and in my opinion that works just fine. Again, due to the stage production, Aces High is a tricky one to put anywhere in the middle. And I'm not sure if it sounded that much better as the encore opener either.

So, in the end, as they clearly want to keep it there, for whatever reason (probably Bruce's big mouth when it comes to marketing the tour with A FREAKING SPITFIRE!!! card... :p), I can take it. Now it's more of a... little bonus in the end, rather than one the biggest show centerpieces - like it was on the previous legs.

Again, I get that the pedestrian tempo with somewhat tired Bruce can be painful to some, but given the intensity and power in the performances of all the other 14 songs, everything could be a lot worse. Yes, Aces High might be bit of a flaw or whatever there, but all things considered, maybe not quite as horrible after all.

Just my overly optimistic view, heh

I'm pondering the possibility of being able to see Maiden in Gothenburg, after all. I could possibly make it. It'd be quick trip with several hours of quality time at the airport activity included, but... I'm tempted. I'll know soon enough when I find out the budget limits I'm operating with.

The costs are prohibitively expensive for me.
I have been trying to find ways to transfer my ticket, but it doesn't seem there is any way to do so. Although all the websites being in Swedish doesn't help.
If you find a way to receive someone else's ticket, I'll be happy to let you have mine.

@Randalf Isn't Gothenburg sold out long time ago? I missed the initial tickets So..Im thinking I might be interested a bit but don't know how much the full expenses would be roughly?
I wasn't originally planning on doing another show but you never know..have to think things.

Last edited:
Ah, I actually have the ticket (purchased at the first day of general sale in 2019 :D); it's everything else that's little bit problematic.

Yeah, same here. The plans made in 2019 would have been great for 2020, but they don't work anymore for 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back