LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of '99 I hope that one day we will get live album from Euro part of that tour. Songs that we got on B'sides are fantastic, band and crowd on fire.

No need for some big mixing or editing just gives us a pure Maiden show.

All could have been so much better if they just got someone with some personality behind the recording desk.

Kevin is a great producer, it’s not about him, is about Maiden disliking to be produced.
Thus having someone with some personality behind the recording desk, is invalid as they would never ever stand any Bob Rock or Rick Rubin.
Having said that I’m perfectly fine with Kevin.

Things are as good as they could ever be.

Last edited:

I’m a huge fan of the post reunion stuff (sans BoS) but it would be really cool if in an alternate universe they had a new producer and made a new album with a bit of urgency. Like put some pressure on them to not accept ‘good enough’.

Again- more of a ‘what if’… but I’m so happy to be seeing them twice come October. If you would have told me back in the 80’s I would still be getting new Maiden and great tours in 2022 I wouldn’t have believed you.

I’m a huge fan of the post reunion stuff (sans BoS) but it would be really cool if in an alternate universe they had a new producer and made a new album with a bit of urgency. Like put some pressure on them to not accept ‘good enough’.

I understand what you’re saying but again, it’s not about producer. It’s about Maiden. About Steve.
Producer can only work if you are open to change, if you are open to be produced. If you keep your doors closed, no-one can help you. It’s that simple.

In the alternate universe Steve would have been open to changes, he would like to fix unbroken things, he wouldn’t be co-producer, or co-writter of 95% of reunion songs, or co-illustrator or anything like that.

In that universe Steve would have hired Rick Rubin & re-record Run to the Hills with EMINEM.

I understand what you’re saying but again, it’s not about producer. It’s about Maiden. About Steve.
Producer can only work if you are open to change, if you are open to be produced. If you keep your doors closed, no-one can help you. It’s that simple.

This, in an alternate universe Steve would have been an open person to changes, he would like to fix unbroken things, he wouldn’t be co-producer, or co-writter of 95% of reunion songs, or co-illustrator or anything like that.
I hear you about Steve, and I wouldn’t change his approach- it works!!

But, it is fun to think about giving Steve (and the boys) the mandate to write the ‘perfect’ record- to really focus on it and craft it. Put some pressure on it, like the old days when they still had to make it big. A bit of fire in the belly.

I know they won’t do this of course and I wouldn’t expect them to- but it has crossed my mind once or twice in the last 10 years.

But, it is fun to think about giving Steve (and the boys) the mandate to write the ‘perfect’ record
Well given what Bruce has been saying about Senjutsu, they may have already done that in their minds. Nicko certainly thinks that each new album is more perfect than the last, lol.

Kevin is a great producer, it’s not about him, is about Maiden disliking to be produced.
Thus having someone with some personality behind the recording desk, is invalid as they would never ever stand any Bob Rock or Rick Rubin.
Having said that I’m perfectly fine with Kevin.

Steve has been riding the live sound quest wave since day one. It was Kevin who suggested that they all play together to cut the "bed" of the songs. That my friend was his introduction to the muddy sound and the lifeless takes :)

The guy who worked with them during their one month rehearsal in Split said that band easily could be named Steve Harris & Iron Maidens :D

Mosquito cannot pass around without permission from Steve.

I dont have a problem with Steve as producer and I dont like alternate universe scenarios. I have a problem with Steve as video editor on live albums. I am not a fan of too much editing and mixing of live stuff I like more as live as it gets experience.

Steve has been riding the live sound quest wave since day one. It was Kevin who suggested that they all play together to cut the "bed" of the songs. That my friend was his introduction to the muddy sound and the lifeless takes :)
Lifeless?

This was the band who went from the plodding, empty productions of TXF and VXI to the fire and fury of BNW and AMOLAD.

To suggest the reunion albums are lifeless is to suggest your ears aren't working properly.

Lifeless?

This was the band who went from the plodding, empty productions of TXF and VXI to the fire and fury of BNW and AMOLAD.

To suggest the reunion albums are lifeless is to suggest your ears aren't working properly.
I just feel that apart from DOD all the albums (for the most part) needed a few more takes, or even better some better crafted / faster renditions.

Maiden always played their songs faster live but it is getting comedic that the live feel in the albums transaltes to way too slow songs that only breath live. So instead of getting the best of two wolrds in the studio we get the worse of them. Sloppy playing and muddy sound with songs that need for the most part 5-8 % faster drums.

The guy who worked with them during their one month rehearsal in Split said that band easily could be named Steve Harris & Iron Maidens :D

Mosquito cannot pass around without permission from Steve.

I dont have a problem with Steve as producer and I dont like alternate universe scenarios. I have a problem with Steve as video editor on live albums. I am not a fan of too much editing and mixing of live stuff I like more as live as it gets experience.
Steve has his strengths and weaknesses as everyone. I like his approach to “no bullshit” in terms of overproduction. It’s also great that he agreed to a more live approach.
Kevin has proved in many recordings, that he’s one of the best, when it comes to a natural rock band sound. However, the mixes he delivers with Maiden are strange sometimes, and almost anti-lead vocals. For example, I can’t hear Bruce in the beginning of Benjamin Breeg (but the bass is very loud). That was 100% not Kevin‘s decision. Remember the lead vocals in WOTW youtube version? I suspect that was Steve’s fault as well.
The main thing with Steve is that his ego is so big, that he sabotages the lead singer in his own band by not showing him in videos or turning him down on studio records etc. Would be okay if it was Vince Neil or Ozzy, but Steve‘s got one of the best rock singers in the world in his band...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back