LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the tempo was not bad either on Saturday. It was way slower on some of the earlier gigs, they've seemingly picked it up a little bit.

And also, when you and thousands of other people are screaming along with Bruce it does not really matter if he hits all the notes perfectly. The performance he delivers on this tour so far has been great IMO.

He's doing great and had no weak spots on saturday. To be honest, Im so happy that Bruce has been able to take care of his voice and so he's endured more than some other singers of his age. I would be more alarmed if Bruce sounded more to what Paul Stanley or Jon Bon Jovi sound these days and both of them have had problems for many years.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, it'd take a lot for me to stay home and skip an act that I love's show. Motorhead was my absolute favorite band and I just couldn't see them from 2013-2015 given Lemmy's condition. Hard to stay home, but I couldn't subject myself to seeing Lemmy like that. Maiden I don't think is close to that point yet.

RIP Ash Groom.

Im sure this will be a strange tour for band and crew from now on.

I have the opportunity to work as local crew at the upcoming Maiden gig in Belfast and I was thinking the other day "I wonder if big Ash will shout at me for doing something stupid?" Sadly not.

I don't know if other bands fans know/recognise crew members quite like Maiden fans but Ash was certainly known and loved by Maiden fans.

RIP

Talking about setlist, I actually quite like it now. I mean, it's still "Legacy" setlist. We lost Where eagles dare, 2 minutes to midnight, For the greater good of God, The wicker man and The evil that men do, but except WED and FTGGOG, I don't care that much. Exchanging those 3 songs for 3 new songs is great deal. Yeah Blood brother wasn't necessary, but it kinda fits. Overall, I think it's great show for new fans - you get songs from all eras, few deepcuts, new songs...
Of course it's still ''Legacy'' setlist, of course it's great (classics, new songs, some deep cuts and it's Maiden), but they could have been a bit more adventurous with it... it's the 3rd leg of the tour, after all. 3 new songs is a great deal indeed, but for example they could have changed (at least) Revelations, since the Cathedral backdrop is used for Blood Brothers and the song is not with a ''busy'' stage prop. They can change it with anything, I mean Blood Brothers is out of place in the Cathedral set. Maybe because of the new songs they didn't changed more of the old classics...

It was really odd that they removed 5 songs, but added only 4 - this happens for the first time during a tour with 2/3 legs.

Have some standards. This is fucking wretched. Bruce sounds like he's being tortured on some of those notes in the second verse.
I won't repeat myself about the Aces High thing. Nonetheless I think the "Have some standards" part is on point when it comes to it. People tend to love everything to a point of elevating it above stuff it is ridiculous to even begin to compare with (like the 84/85 live versions of it which IMO is simply light years above and understandably so). And yes, Bruce struggles a bit with tempo and breath control here being far from the best take on Aces High they did on this 2022 leg. That being said on some previous gigs of the said tour it sounded quite decent, so if it was up to me I'd keep it anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back