Legacy of the Beast Tour Second Leg Rumours & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're already opening for Ozzy early next year so why not?
Because Maiden don't need a big name support band to sell tickets. Because it goes against Maiden's policy of taking younger band on tour to help give them exposure. Because ticket prices would go through the roof. etc. etc.

I'm dreaming of Ghost opening again for Iron Maiden on at least the US dates next year. Both bands seem to have a crush on each other, so it would make sense.

I think these bands save Maiden money. In the end it benefits Maiden. On the other hand, they would have to pay Priest more and probably allow them longer set time.

You know that many big bands charge their support acts for that privilege, don't you? These bands make money out of the support bands or their record companies. I hope that is not the case with Ozzy and Priest.

Thankfully Maiden has never done this. Another reason to love them.

You know that many big bands charge their support acts for that privilege, don't you? These bands make money out of the support bands or their record companies.

I don't follow, are you saying a support act has to pay the headliner? How does that work?

I don't follow, are you saying a support act has to pay the headliner? How does that work?

I am. Basically you, your management or your record company buy the support slot.

I know of a band who had to pay to support Metallica but did not have to pay a penny to support Maiden. :)

So you're praying that the crowd like you enough to buy some albums to get that money back, right? I never knew it worked like that, crazy.

A bit like that, yes. You also hope that some in the crowd would become fans and you could play to bigger audiences the next time you tour, etc.

Thankfully Maiden have never charged their support acts:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/st...ds-pay-to-support-iron-maiden-its-just-wrong/

Maiden treat their support bands really well, and might even go the extra mile. When they had to cancel a week worth of shows in November 1990 on the No Prayer on the Road tour (Bruce was sick and couldn't sing), Anthrax found themselves stuck in Europe with no gigs to play; according to them, Maiden played all their expenses, which was something they were not expecting.

Maiden also have the reputation of giving support bands the same sound system they use, which is not the norm in the music business. The following Donington story is a really interesting read about how some bands work:

http://www.hotrails.co.uk/blueskybag/georgegeranios/810822_donington.htm

I am not saying that Maiden are a charity (they are obviously not) and sometimes the support bands are either formed by family members (beginning with Lauren Harris back in 2006), friends (Tony Newton's Dirty Deeds or Voodoo Six) or were managed by Sanctuary (WASP in 1986, Helloween...), but they seem to be much nicer/do things in a much morally acceptable way than most bands.

Hey, guys. Let's just take a moment and listen again to what FOI has become on this tour. Absolute huge.

Was this Bruce's best performance? I can't remember any performance which was better than this one, but let me know!

Hey, guys. Let's just take a moment and listen again to what FOI has become on this tour. Absolute huge.

Was this Bruce's best performance? I can't remember any performance which was better than this one, but let me know!

Not sure if it is his best performance, as he has been consistently great on this tour, but in my humble opinion Flight of Icarus definitely was one of the highlights of the show.

By the reaction of the audience both nights at the O2, it was one of the highlights for most people too. They were singing the lyrics from start to end!

Last edited:
I'm no good on the technical side of vocal technique, but it sounds like he's changed something there.

Not sure if it is his best performance, as he has been consistently great on this tour, but in my humble opinion Flight of Icarus definitely was one of the highlights of the show.

By the reaction of the audience both nights at the O2, it was one of the highlights for most people too. They were singing the lyrics from start to end!
The audience reaction in Helsinki (first night at least) was very good too, for Icarus in particular. I thought the place was a bit quiet for some of the set, but FoI was definitely loud as hell. I can't believe they didn't play the song for over 30 years, it's an absolutely fantastic live number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back