Legacy of the Beast Tour Second Leg Rumours & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve is the boss Foro. Also note that Dio fronted Sabbath when they toured a few years ago were not even close to Iron Maiden in terms of ticket sales. Before Do died they were due to headline Bloodstock Festival, the same festival that Judas Priest headlined this year which didn't sell out. Iron Maiden headline Download which is about 5 times larger. Judas Priest also can't get anywhere near the crowds at their own shows that Maiden do.

Thanks. That was a nice compliment from him, but does not mean that Heaven and Hell would have been in a position to be the headliners with Maiden playing (they were third down the bill).
Bruce wanted it. That's all I say. Sometimes special occasions, friendship, gratitude and respect can matter something too, besides status and money.

Last edited:
If we hypothetically assume that Maiden will play Back In The Village on the still yet unconfirmed second leg of LOTB tour, which song should replace ? Honestly, the song cannot fit in any of the set themes, but I will be ok to replace Where Eagles Dare. :innocent:
Drop Run To The Hills or Iron Maiden. I haven't seen Flight of Icarus live yet.

I don't entirely agree with this as many of Maiden's recent choices of support bands suggest a large degree of charity. The Raven Age anyone?

That is more likely to amount to blind love from a parent. ;)

Next you will be suggesting Steve giving pocket money to his kids was an act of charity too! :lol:

They'd have a huge audience. The biggest in aeons. And Priest could headline 1 out of 2 or 3 shows. People who moan about that idea can ignore the Priest headlined shows and show up at Maiden headlined shows.

Nah, thinking about it for some time, it's not doable. It can't work if Maiden doesn't have a full set closing the show. A lot more people on average go to see Maiden than Priest. Economics. Priest could have a special guest slot for 1h+ show. Then Maiden would have to keep the atmosphere up for another 1:45. Mind also the time needed to change stage setup. I don't know about you but I was thoroughly exhausted at the end of the LOTB concert, almost three hours of Priest and Maiden would kill me. A 3-4 hour worldwide mini-festival done by two old metal bands could kill them also. 9/11 guys there are older than 60 years, I think it matters if they're in back in the hotel at midnight or at 2 AM.

An alternating headline, 1 day festival where JP or IM play every second date (rest of the bill stays same day to day) as a headliner would be more realistic IMHO...

Just dish all the usual rules because it's a special occasion and celebration and you have a whole avenue of possibilities.

I don't entirely agree with this as many of Maiden's recent choices of support bands suggest a large degree of charity. The Raven Age anyone?
I think these bands save Maiden money. In the end it benefits Maiden. On the other hand, they would have to pay Priest more and probably allow them longer set time.

I think these bands save Maiden money. In the end it benefits Maiden. On the other hand, they would have to pay Priest more and probably allow them longer set time.

I hope it happens next year since it's Priest's 50th anniversary. Priest could play 90-95 minutes(their typical set length) and Maiden 120 minutes.

They're already opening for Ozzy early next year so why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back