Legacy of the Beast Tour Second Leg Rumours & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see female bassists more in alt rock/new wave. Kim Deal, Kim Gordon, Tina Weymouth, etc.

Nita Strauss is awesome btw. One of the more creative metal guitarists to come up recently.

I agree about Nita, she's superb.

And yes, there are a smattering of female bassists out there, but again, there's a barrier.

I wonder if we're getting a Maiden / Priest tour in 2019. Priest say they will do something really special next year, celebrating their 50 years of existence.
A Maiden / Priest package is pretty special. With Bruce joining in Hell Patrol and Halford joining in Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

Last edited:
I wonder if we're getting a Maiden / Priest tour in 2019. Priest say they will do something really special next year, celebrating their 50 years of existance.
A Maiden / Priest package is pretty special. With Bruce joining in Hell Patrol and Halford joining in Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

Who's gonna be the headliner ? Maiden/Priest tour will be indeed special, like a time machine way back to 1982.

The last sentence about Bruce and Rob - that's made my day, mate :) It's beyond our wildest dreams ! Though, there has always been a rivalry between the two bands.

Maiden/Priest would be dope. But they HAVE to both play a full set! I don't see any reason why this can't happen.

Do you even need to ask?

I can't see Maiden and Priest touring together. It goes against Maiden's support act policy.

I asked because of the rivalry between them. Maiden were support band for Priest in the 80's, but then they just had started.

But nowadays, it will be Maiden, I guess.

I wonder if we're getting a Maiden / Priest tour in 2019. Priest say they will do something really special next year, celebrating their 50 years of existence.
A Maiden / Priest package is pretty special.

I doubt the idea of celebrating their 50th anniversary as a support band for Maiden is the special thing some of Judas Priest members have been talking about. ;)

They'd have a huge audience. The biggest in aeons. And Priest could headline 1 out of 2 or 3 shows. People who moan about that idea can ignore the Priest headlined shows and show up at Maiden headlined shows.

Maiden will play some different songs when they open for Priest so the most stubborn Maiden fans might be tempted to not miss out.

Is there a rivalry?

Back in 1980, Paul DiAnno boasted that they were going to blow Priest off the stage, something that did not go down well with K.K. Downing, who wanted to kick them out of the tour (as he mentions in the link posted by @Kalata). In 1982 Maiden supported Priest in the USA and there were also some problems, but in this case they arose because Maiden were selling much more merchandise than Priest.

They'd have a huge audience. The biggest in aeons. And Priest could headline 1 out of 2 or 3 shows. People who moan about that idea can ignore the Priest headlined shows and show up at Maiden headlined shows.

Maiden will play some different songs when they open for Priest so the most stubborn Maiden fans might be tempted to not miss out.
The idea of Maiden opening for anyone is preposterous.

Bruce did not think so in 2007 when he felt Sabbath (Heaven and Hell) should headline the festival instead of Maiden.

They'd have a huge audience.

Definitely true for Priest.

The biggest in aeons.

That is what is happening to Maiden right now, beating their own records at places like the O2 or headlining huge stadia.

And Priest could headline 1 out of 2 or 3 shows.

With Maiden? Not even in their wildest dreams (pun intented). :D Just check the size of the venues Priest are headlining and their corresponding boxscores and compare that with the sizes of the places Maiden sell out on a regular basis.

People who moan about that idea can ignore the Priest headlined shows and show up at Maiden headlined shows.

I do not understand what you mean here.

Maiden played some different songs when they opened for Priest 36 years ago.

Fixed it for you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back