Legacy of the Beast Tour Second Leg Rumours & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tempo they are playing at currently works wonders for most songs, apart from The Wicker Man; especially the opening riff sounds really slow
Adrian slows down things when he plays on his own. When the band enters it gets better. Wasted Years was the same in 2016/17.

Adrian has always been playing his tracks slower since his BNW tour. Listen to the speed of Wasted Years in 1986.... on par with the studio. Same with 1999. But after that, slower... However, the Maiden England version from 1988 is a slow intro too.

You left out the Maiden England tour where the whole song was kind of slow for the whole tour. But yeah, he absolutely does start off slower than the actual song usually is pretty often.

That's actually a great take on the solo by Janick! He does repeat the lick from Lord of the Flies (I think), but it's not like Adrian doesn't repeat himself.

I think they played the song on TBOS tours the closest it has ever been to the tempo of the studio version. :confused:
Well, IESF's tempo was becoming faster and faster during the course of the tour :D .

But yeah, they started with original tempo.

It's interesting, some of the liberties he took with the solo sound like licks Adrian would play. Like the little Gilmour-esque descending lick at the end.

The man asked "what is your favorite solo to play ?" and we should expect H's answer soon. My bet is on 2M2M or Wicker Man.

They will definitely play this song on the upcoming tour. :nuts:

Let's hope - it would be a REAL surprise and an unexpected one ! Adrian should do more video clips like these.... :yes:

Last edited:
The man asked "what is your favorite solo to play ?" and we should expect H's answer soon. My bet is on 2M2M or Wicker Man.

I also will bet on The Wicker Man or maybe SIASL. Let's see what he will answer. Interesting !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back