Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I am not English and have no affection for the English flag I think it's unfair that people from Sweden, Denmark, Greece, Scotland etc. got to see Bruce waving their flag but English people didn't. I understand why any choice of flag in Northern Ireland would be considered controversial but there is not a similar reason to omit the English flag. This is something that needs explaining from the band. Is anyone going to any British Lion shows or Rock N Roll Ribs?

It does seem unfair that the St George flag wasn't used.

(Not as unfair as several English gigs, Irish and Scottish, but no Welsh gig in the UK tour though. WTF?)

Perhaps the only suitable venue in Wales was unavailable for the dates Maiden needed. It's not like Manchester, Birmingham and London are a million miles away from Wales either.

Perhaps the only suitable venue in Wales was unavailable for the dates Maiden needed. It's not like Manchester, Birmingham and London are a million miles away from Wales either.

Not really the point that it is possible to travel. I was just saying it doesn't seem fair to completely miss one of the 4 nations in a UK Tour. I am sure if they played Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, but not England, the English would complain (and understandably so) ;).

Not really the point that it is possible to travel. I was just saying it doesn't seem fair to completely miss one of the 4 nations in a UK Tour. I am sure if they played Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, but not England, the English would complain (and understandably so) ;).

100% agree with this. I think every time Maiden do a UK tour they should include at least one date in all 4 nations. We haven't done too bad in NI recently but they have missed us a few times.

It's not always possible to go to every part of the UK and leaving out England - 85% of the population - would never happen, so that's a ridiculous comparison and you know it. There is only one suitable venue in Wales and it may not have been available.

News at 10 BST:

Pooch just commented on Instagram that they may be coming to Boston and Tokyo in 2019. Return of EF 1?

Bernie Marsden was (presumably) H's guest yesterday in Birmingham. Colin Price posted a photo with him on Instagram.

News at 10 BST:
200px-TrevMcDonald10.jpg

It's not always possible to go to every part of the UK and leaving out England - 85% of the population - would never happen, so that's a ridiculous comparison and you know it. There is only one suitable venue in Wales and it may not have been available.

If people can travel from somewhere else to England, it would be the same distance for the English fans to travel from England to somewhere else. My point was the English fans would feel left out if the situation was reversed .... not that I thought that the scenario would be realistic.

Maiden plan their tours well in advance. I am sure they could have booked in Wales if they chose to.

If people can travel from somewhere else to England, it would be the same distance for the English fans to travel from England to somewhere else. My point was the English fans would feel left out
I think you're focusing too much on imaginary lines here. People in Cornwall have to travel further than people in Cardiff despite being in England. A journey from Inverness to Glasgow is more ardorous than Bangor to Manchester. Also bear in mind that in Britain we're in a privileged position of being a small, densely populated country so and don't have to travel all that far when there's a reasonable number of tour dates. If you think the GWR train to London is implausible then imagine living in Canada.

I am sure they could have booked in Wales if they chose to.
You have no way of knowing this. Perhaps the venue was only available in June, which wouldn't fit their overall plan. Perhaps it was available two weeks after the end of the tour. Perhaps a trip to Cardiff didn't fit in logistically with other dates.

Well the Brum show was a blast and it was nice to see Black Wizard again :).

My third time seeing Maiden and they just keep getting better! They've thrown so much into this show I can't help wondering what on earth they're going to do for next time (but I'm guessing Bruce probably already has a few ideas - rocket launchers perhaps?)

Q: does Bruce always pretend to emasculate Janick with the sword? John McCoy is avenged!
:D

Totally understand the point of view but last year they did play Cardiff but not Northern Ireland so maybe it's more a logistical issue than any bias against the Welsh. They also played in Cardiff in 2011 as well on their last UK arena tour so sure no slight against Wales was intended this time round?

But they played Dublin last year. Obviously its not in the UK but we Irish fans accept that they will play either Dublin or Belfast but not both. A Belfast gig might annoy someone from Cork as they have to travel further but so long as they come to the island I dont care if its Belfast or Dublin (2hr bus between the cities).
I wish they would play both. Surely they could sell 20k tickets in Ireland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back