Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a lawyer, I can tell you that the traffic jams are not among the force majeure cases.

Anyhow, that's a bad experience what you had and not particularly from the perspective of loosing the ticket price, but you missed a hell of a show.

As a lawyer, I can tell you that the traffic jams are not among the force majeure cases.

Anyhow, that's a bad experience what you had and not particularly from the perspective of loosing the ticket price, but you missed a hell of a show.

i was merely pointing out the fact that insurance companies like to weave as many clauses, exclusions, caveats, and sub sections of subsections in their contracts, sorry, 'products' as possible...some say that occasionally utilise these tools as weapons in an effort to frustrate the claims process.

man...i can't believe i was denied this gig because of the fekking traffic....gutted....opening with Aces and Where Eagles Dare, two of my fave tracks...Not happy..
:facepalm:

Also, for my fellow guitar geeks, it seems that H's LP Standard's pickups are much higher output than the LP Custom. He played the Custom on Clansman yesterday and it seems a lot less defined. I actually prefer the Standard on Clansman because it's a bit more "spanky" on the cleans.

Looking forward for Birmingham videos, because it seems that he used the LP Standard for a lot of songs.

Out of the Birmingham gig now, am absolutely shattered! The band performed absolutely flawlessly, the crowds were on fire, even to the dreaded FTGGOG, I was right at the front, although I do wish I'd moved back because the sound wasn't brilliant at the front in all honesty, but it was an incredible gig full of energy and is absolutely Maiden at their best

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate, terrible luck of being stuck in traffic and missing a Maiden concert because of it. You did everything you could too, even leaving really early to get there. I can't imagine how frustrating of an experience that was. That's insane that you were stuck on the same 10-20 miles of road for 4+ hours.

Same thing almost happened to me going to my first Maiden concert back in 2008, in Chicago, though not nearly as bad as yours. Had about a six hour drive from where I live, and left really early that morning. Ran into road construction (go figure) around the half way point, and for 30-40 miles traveled bumper to bumper at maybe 10-15 miles per hour through the stretch. Finally arrived in Rosemont and then got lost trying to find the Allstate Arena. Spent probably 45 minutes to an hour just driving around looking for ANY of the markers my map/directions had. This was before I had a smartphone or a GPS so I was basically in the blind. Finally reached the arena, well after Lauren Harris had started the opening act. By the time I finally got in and to my seat, Doctor Doctor started maybe just five minutes later. It was a close call, but for awhile there I thought I wasn't going to make it.

Hopefully they return to England next year and you can see them then. If not, I'm terribly sorry you missed them because of such a shit circumstance.

Just got home from Brum, it was superb. They seemed to have fixed any past muddy sound issues.

It was a good blend of classics. Unfortunately due to my YouTube channel, I had seen much of the set list due to annoying ‘recommendations’ popping up. There was only 3 songs I didn’t know they would play, but the order of the set was still a surprise apart from the obvious opener.

FTGGOG seemed really out of place and an odd choice, when they could have played Stranger In A Strange Land or something else.

Flight Of Icarus went down a storm. I bet that surprised Harry. The Clansman was probably my other highlight. The band seemed really into it.

Could have done without FOTD , TT, IM. But hey ho, it was still amazing. Well done boys. And superb stage presentation.

Killswitch Englage were quite impressive.

Getting out the car part was the usual nightmare. Probably my last IM gig, so a good one to go out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back