Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and Wiz, there were a good many Scottish flags out during Clansman the other night, and that wasn't even in Scotland. To be fair there were a lot of Scots there, though.

@matic22 At Download 2016 Bruce mentioned that it was the sixth time Maiden had played Download and that some things have to end eventually. He also apologized for not playing enough in the UK. I'm skeptical about Maiden doing Download again so soon. Do the people on the IMFC forums have any sources or is it all just idle speculation?

Speculation. I am on the IMFC and I cannot remember anyone mentioning any reliable sources (I might have missed some posts though).

I'll be pissed off if the tour is what's being speculated here.

Fuck Europe, we've seen the gigs, get to the states and south america in Jan-Mar and take the summer off and get in the studio next autumn.

I looking forward to your review of The Clansman
I'm half-expecting Alex Salmond to enter on a chariot led by many Haggis. If Vladimir Putin lets him that is.
Oh and Wiz, there were a good many Scottish flags out during Clansman the other night, and that wasn't even in Scotland. To be fair there were a lot of Scots there, though.
Well Newcastle is close to Scotland, and Aberdeen is far away.

Fuck Europe, we've seen the gigs, get to the states and south america in Jan-Mar and take the summer off and get in the studio next autumn.
Agreed.

Have I mentioned before that I think that they will record in Jan-March period?

Touring for Maiden is now mostly a summer affair. Rumour for North America is summer 2019.

The thing is... All of the Maiden tours in this decade started in the US and continuation of the first leg or the entire second leg had been in Europe...Now, they started in Europe, so it's hard to expect any more European dates for the next leg (maybe just some major summer festivals).
I'm not in IMFC, so if there are any rumours about the new album or some general schedule for 2019, don't know nothing about it.

Well, Steve said that they will for sure do another album. That means they have the studio booked. The only question is will they record in Jan-March and release it in the Autumn or Oct-December and release it in February 2020.

Well, Steve said that they will for sure do another album. That means they have the studio booked. The only question is will they record in Jan-March and release it in the Autumn or Oct-December and release it in February 2020.
Thanks, I read about it, nothing precisely. The thing about 2019 is... I hoped there will be some more European shows (to me: Belgrade) but it's not likely. Especially because they did Zagreb, so I don't believe they'll be back in this part of the world.

Thanks, I read about it, nothing precisely. The thing about 2019 is... I hoped there will be some more European shows (to me: Belgrade) but it's not likely. Especially because they did Zagreb, so I don't believe they'll be back in this part of the world.
I think it'll be something like 2017 continental European leg. Very short with some festivals in there. 5-6 shows + Download. Mostly in Germany.

I think it'll be something like 2017 continental European leg. Very short with some festivals in there. 5-6 shows + Download. Mostly in Germany.

I am not sure it would make financial sense to plan such a short leg in Europe. They played 19 shows in 2017 and 20 in 2014 and those were short legs for Maiden's standards.

We will need to check Kevin Shirley's instagram account then to see if he posts lots of pictures from Paris. :D
I think Rodney will tell him to turn off the location this time...
:D

About the short Euro tour. They did it in 2010. 10 dates. I think next year will be similar but in reverse order. Europe first, then US.

You need to work on your maths!

2003 to 2007 - 4 years
2007 to 2013 - 6 years
2013 to 2016 - 3 years

I am not a fan of the festival, but if Maiden headline it and that is the only gig I can attend, I guess I will have to be there.

Download Festival always releases 1-4 songs that are Pro-Shot footage, so I'm in for that. ;)

EDIT: and Rock In Rio have a live stream (though, the live sound is not so good)....

Last edited:
I think Rodney will tell him to turn off the location this time...
:D

About the short Euro tour. They did it in 2010. 10 dates. I think next year will be similar but in reverse order. Europe first, then US.

I had forgotten the 2010 European leg had been that short (I went to 3 of the 11 gigs!), so your scenario is plausible. I guess it will also depend on how many gigs they play in the rest of the world, as Bruce is quite keen on not being burnt out by excessive touring.

About 10-12 gigs in Europe next year seems plausible indeed. Sort of a warm-up before North and South America and perhaps a couple of gigs in Australia/Asia too? Not sure if they'll make it that big though. They probably won't skip Europe entirely, but given that this year they played only in Europe, they probably won't play any more than those ~10 gigs at the most.

Dowload/one or two other UK shows, Germany, some other countries/big festivals and something relatively exotic like Iceland perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back