Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...2 days ago I was in Zagreb on Maiden concert...what to say...this is my 4th time on Maiden (2008 on SBIT, 2013 on ME, 2016 on TBOS and this one), for me somehow most enjoyable was actually TBOS tour because it was full of new songs which I prefer...I swear I can't hear anymore The Trooper, Run to the Hills, TNOTB or Iron Maiden...it's so boring and uncreative, highlights for me were FTGGOG, SOTC, Wicker Man and Revelations.

So...2 days ago I was in Zagreb on Maiden concert...what to say...this is my 4th time on Maiden (2008 on SBIT, 2013 on ME, 2016 on TBOS and this one), for me somehow most enjoyable was actually TBOS tour because it was full of new songs which I prefer...I swear I can't hear anymore The Trooper, Run to the Hills, TNOTB or Iron Maiden...it's so boring and uncreative, highlights for me were FTGGOG, SOTC, Wicker Man and Revelations.
I appreciate you liked hearing the new songs on the TBOS tour, but only 4th time seeing Maiden and you're already bored with some of their classic songs???

I appreciate you liked hearing the new songs on the TBOS tour, but only 4th time seeing Maiden and you're already bored with some of their classic songs???
I believe he meant to say the insistance on keeping those songs constant in all setlists and the eventual predictability are boring, not the songs themselves.

I believe he meant to say the insistance on keeping those songs constant in all setlists and the eventual predictability are boring, not the songs themselves.
Thank you, you’re right. I can’t imagine how is listening to this songs on your 43rd concert, I would probably be asleep. It’s very fresh hearing songs that are not overplayed, I know there are prople which are there for the first time and they want hear the classics but I think compromise could be better.

Thank you, you’re right. I can’t imagine how is listening to this songs on your 43rd concert, I would probably be asleep. It’s very fresh hearing songs that are not overplayed, I know there are prople which are there for the first time and they want hear the classics but I think compromise could be better.
There should be a balance of classics and other songs. I just don't see how anyone can find fault with the setlist on this tour.

There should be a balance of classics and other songs. I just don't see how anyone can find fault with the setlist on this tour.
I’ve seen many, many their shows so classics for me are kind of boring now but my girlfriend never seen Maiden show, she’s more Pink & Coldplay fan so today is her first show ever and she can’t wait to hear classics (she has trooper and RTTH in her car) so it will be interesting to see her reaction and review :) It’s always great to see first timers reaction on maiden shows and this setlist is great for hardcore fans and people like her :)

Let's be honest, Maiden aren't going to be touring much longer. Not to be pessimistic, but I'd be amazed if they've even got 5 tours left in them. Personally, I'd rather Maiden made their setlists as different from each other as possible at this, to give people who are getting into them late a chance to see a wider variety of songs. LOTB will be only my third Maiden concert, but there are already eight songs in the set I've heard before, most of which are the classics. Even though I probably won't be bored by them, I'd rather hear something else to keep things fresh.

Speaking as someone who's never been to a Maiden show ever - the important thing is them playing the songs they love and enjoying that. Everything else is secondary. If there's no passion, there's no reason for them to tour at all. But Maiden have that passion. Let them play classics they have the passion to play; the most important thing is seeing your favorite band in the world carry on with vigor, force, energy, and passion.

It's 'Fear of the Dark' and 'Iron Maiden' that need to go. :yawn: 'Run to the Hills' should stay. It's actually not been in a lot of setlists recently.

"Iron Maiden" needs to stay. They've dedicated themselves to including it in every show since the first one and dropping it now would be the dumbest decision they could ever make.

Outside of never playing "Alexander the Great" live, that is.

Thank you, you’re right. I can’t imagine how is listening to this songs on your 43rd concert,

I love to see the Eddie in Iron Maiden, but if I'm going to a second gig on the same tour and have therefore already seen the Eddie, I find Iron Maiden is a great spot to get to the toilet and bar before the crowds and be back in time for the encores.

"Iron Maiden" needs to stay. They've dedicated themselves to including it in every show since the first one and dropping it now would be the dumbest decision they could ever make.

Outside of never playing "Alexander the Great" live, that is.
It always gets a fantastic reception as well. It's one of the songs which improve most from studio to live. It's really intense live, and the "I want you, Iron Maiden is gonna get all of you" is legendary. The coolest way to finish a set IMO. Wonder if Bruce is tired of saying those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back