Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s the better and more inspiring guitarist, Smith or Murray?
This one:
41Z4HDTPF8L.jpg

No, I'm kidding, it's obviously Adrian Smith.

Hey @Forostar and others,

the show last night was the best live thing I've witnessed in my entire life. The crowd was immense. I'm not too good at writing these reviews, the only "negative" thing I can say were tempos on 2MTM and RTTH, they were 2 bpm away from nursery home band, the lack of power (guitar chug) on TETMD verses and TNOTB, etc. But these are details and they didn't bring the show down at all, don't get me wrong here.

I'm still gathering my impressions, I've been running around since 8AM yesterday and I could barely stand after the show. I went with my brother, he's living and working in ZG, it was our first show together just the two of us. For that alone the memories are worth in gold. We woke up this morning and only then we had strength to discuss the show in detail, last night was pure awestruck effect :)

Wickerman surprised me so much and it was a definitive highlight of the show for me, together with SOTC and Icarus. FTGGOG was damn great and really powerful, the crowd sang along even on the stands, but it's a song that you'd rather watch them play and enjoy the instrumental than go apeshit ala Trooper. After that, a highlight on Smith and the Wickerman riff was like a kick in the arse.

The banter was short and mainly before Clansman regarding fights for freedom, fights against fascists etc. Bruce did the football line or two as he usually does when they come here, in one songs at the end he thanked everyone from Croatia and Serbia and Montenegro and I didn't hear exactly the rest but it was thanks the Cro and all of the Balkans here which got a very good response from crowd, which is always nice. Metal unity.

All in all, a "time of my life" category. Iron Maiden is simply otherworldly.

Hey @Forostar and others,

the show last night was the best live thing I've witnessed in my entire life. The crowd was immense. I'm not too good at writing these reviews, the only "negative" thing I can say were tempos on 2MTM and RTTH, they were 2 bpm away from nursery home band, the lack of power (guitar chug) on TETMD verses and TNOTB, etc. But these are details and they didn't bring the show down at all, don't get me wrong here.

I'm still gathering my impressions, I've been running around since 8AM yesterday and I could barely stand after the show. I went with my brother, he's living and working in ZG, it was our first show together just the two of us. For that alone the memories are worth in gold. We woke up this morning and only then we had strength to discuss the show in detail, last night was pure awestruck effect :)

Wickerman surprised me so much and it was a definitive highlight of the show for me, together with SOTC and Icarus. FTGGOG was damn great and really powerful, the crowd sang along even on the stands, but it's a song that you'd rather watch them play and enjoy the instrumental than go apeshit ala Trooper. After that, a highlight on Smith and the Wickerman riff was like a kick in the arse.

The banter was short and mainly before Clansman regarding fights for freedom, fights against fascists etc. Bruce did the football line or two as he usually does when they come here, in one songs at the end he thanked everyone from Croatia and Serbia and Montenegro and I didn't hear exactly the rest but it was thanks the Cro and all of the Balkans here which got a very good response from crowd, which is always nice. Metal unity.

All in all, a "time of my life" category. Iron Maiden is simply otherworldly.

Thanks for the review. Nice to hear 2MTM and RTTH are being played at the right tempo. :D

My cousin with her hasband attended the gig in Bulgaria. You see it is cheaper to travel from the northern part of Greece to a foreign country than travel to Athens. Anyway, they watched both Priest and Maiden. They really enjoyed both bands. My cousin has almost nothing to do with music so I take her comment as being as objective as possible. So her exact words were: This guy singing for Maiden is a true showman and the singer in Priest is a really good singer. What made an impression on her is that the sound was much clearer while Priest were playing.

What made an impression on her is that the sound was much clearer while Priest were playing.
This has been my impression thus far too when comparing Maiden and Priest. I'd still happily see Maiden again, though. Like next week.

Reactions: Gk1
Who’s the better and more inspiring guitarist, Smith or Murray?

I love all three guitarists for different reasons, but I'm afraid it was all because of Dave Murray as to why I decided to pick up the instrument myself. I've been playing guitar for the past ten years, all self-taught, and it was mainly because of Dave's style and my love for his musicianship.

The first Iron Maiden concert I watched was Rock in Rio, and my seventeen-year-old mind was completely blown away watching this man do the things he did during his parts, from the opening licks of songs such as Brave New World and Hallowed Be Thy Name to all of his solos from Wrathchild, Blood Brothers, Sign of the Cross, Number of the Beast, Hallowed, and on, to the end of Hallowed with whatever that is he does with the whammy bar, funny faces and all. It is what inspired me to be the guitar player I am today, and just maybe one day I'll be able to give any of these parts in the songs justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back