Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maiden has 3 guitars and bassist and drummer who are all over the place. Priest bassist plays much simpler lines. Maiden must be a hell to mix.

Might be something like that. To be honest I watched them 3 times with Blaze and five with Bruce. I think the sound was better with Blaze but then again the venues were smaller back then

When I heard Priest this year, Rob sounded horrible to me :((( He cannot sing since 2000 I guess. He can only scream - even Angel :(((

Well, my 3rd show of LOTB tour and my 10th overall Maiden show. My 2nd favourite show I have been ever to.

I travelled to Zagreb with a group of friends on Monday. I knew I won FTTB, so I wanted to be there a day early to avoid being in a hurry constantly on Tuesday. On Monday we went out, but I left early, because I knew that i would suffer immensely if I stayed out. As soon as the others woke up the next day, I knew it was the right choice, because they looked like walking dead. We parted ways at half past 11, when they went looking for The Sign Of The Cross of the nearby Chemist's to buy some Aspirin.

Anyways, went to the train station and met up with another friend, who is a IMFC member, to go towards the arena and have a lunch before that. He won FTTB for Helsinki and I won for Zagreb, so I returned the favour and took him on the barrier as my guest. After lunch we went queuing. We were around 10th in the line. Luckily there was shadow near the FTTB entrance so the queuing wasn't too bad. So, they let as into the arena at 17:55 and we have gotten a place very similar to Helsinki, just slightly to the left of the dead center of the stage. We wanted to go to Dave's side, but it seemed that most of the people who were in front of us had a similar idea.

After an hour and a bit Tremonti started. I liked him a lot more than the horrible, horrible Killswitch Engage, although I would prefer if the full Alter Bridge was opening. He is an amazing guitarist. At the end of the show, I got one of his two picks (which is sadly the only thing I caught, because Maiden doesn't throw a lot of stuff in the middle of the stage), which was completely destroyed. The edges were grated. Most of the crowd also seemed into his show.

And then Maiden. The place erupted. Being on the barrier was no joke, like it was in Helsinki. But luckily, we formed quite a wall on the fence, so nobody could push themselves through into the first row (like they usually try to do in the balkan countries). When somebody tried to make his way to the barrier between me and a guy to my left really aggresively, the security did their job. All in all, the audience was amazing.

Maiden show? What can I say at this point? It's flawless. Absolutely flawless. The band was on fire. ON FUCKING FIRE. They were joking on stage, while delivering an amazing performance. When Bruce looks you in the eye, when Steve shoots you with his bass, you know it's real. You forget about the pressure from the back and everything else and know that it's real. We screamed through every word of the lyrics. Again, as I wrote before, the setlist is a solid 8/10 (mainly because of no SIT songs), but thestage show goes to 11. 11/10. It's incredible. Higligts of the show? Air-drumming our way through WED, singing Clansman and Icarus as a whole. During Icarus' "looks the old man in the eye", I made a I'm looking at you hand gesture hand gesture towards H and he returned me a cross-eyed look. We both started laughing. You can see that at 1:08

If I have to complain about something performance wise, I would say that the tempo of RTTH is a tad bit slow. And if I had to complain about something organisation-wise, there was no water given to us at the barrier, because the organiser wanted to us buy everything and make more money (but we weren't able to, because the people with trays were far in the back) and it was one of the hottest indoor gigs ever.

All in all, my 2nd favourite show ever (just behind Helsinki night 1 this year). And now, there is the post-concert depression and trying to come to terms with the fact that I won't be seeing Maiden again this year.

So, my 10 Maiden shows so far ranked from best to worst:

1. Helsinki night 1, 2018
2. Zagreb, 2018
3. Berlin, 2016
4. Belgrade, 2009
5. Tallin, 2018
6. Trieste, 2016
7. Imola, 2011
8. Zagreb, 2013
9. Udine, 2010
10. Ljubljana, 2007

I've seen Priest 5 times and Maiden 26 times. Priest aren't even playing the same sport as Maiden.
But it's not completely different. It's like Rugby Union and League. To the outside observer they're the same, but those who follow them know the differences and a lot more people watch Union.

ironmaiden_newalbum.png

Do you think they all take turns to stand there?

Probably. Nicko might claim his turn on one of the shows, too :) Hopefully not during the song.

Steve would be quite capable to play the drums for this one if Nicko wants to claim his turn. It's after all only twenty years since he played the drums for VXI and Icarus isn't too tough. :p

I would suggest Bruce, but even he can't sing, play the drums and use flamethrowers at the same time.

Shit, I’m so hyped before tomorrow’s show. It’s my third show since 2000 and it seems that they will blow my mind. Fingers crossed.

After an hour and a bit Tremonti started. I liked him a lot more than the horrible, horrible Killswitch Engage, although I would prefer if the full Alter Bridge was opening. He is an amazing guitarist. At the end of the show, I got one of his two picks(which is sadly the only thing I caught, because Maiden doesn't throw a lot of stuff in the middle of the stage), which was completely destroyed. The edges were grated. Most of the crowd also seemed into his show.
Oh, hi,@matic22, how are you? Can I have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back