Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
matic22, mihai, and Meliegree,,, three M's and three Adrians. I love it. :D
In other words,
mcdonalds1.jpg
:D

But it's not completely different. It's like Rugby Union and League. To the outside observer they're the same, but those who follow them know the differences and a lot more people watch Union.
I prefer Union myself, but there are (good) League games that are better than (not so good) Union games.
I enjoyed Priest's gig more :ahhh: (even though it had more to do with organisation than musicianship).
Greedy promoters sold too many tickets for Maiden I think.

Rockwave festival in Athens...I went alone. My mind was blown. I’ve needed time to share these memories from my mind.

As the show has already been reviewed a few times in this thread I will just add some small additional thoughts. Firstly, I was about seventh row on Dave’s side but due to the crush was happy to be pulled over the barrier after The Clansman. Knowing the setlist in advance I thought The Trooper would be the right time to escape and reposition. I have two of Dave’s wristbands and a pick each from the FF and BOS tours so catching collectables wasn’t critical. As I was walking away from the stage and around the outside of the crowd and through some pine trees I saw a woman with a small dog in her arms...she’d brought her pet! From that moment I knew I’d made the right decision to crowd-watch.

Moving from location to location between songs I saw many families including babies and toddlers and young children dancing and even a few grandparents. And heaps of people enjoying the show from picnic blankets. There were guys playing with a drone over the top of crowd. An incredibly festive and happy vibe. For this reason and for the immaculate performance and sound I’d rate it up among my favourite ever concert experiences of any band. Mind you, eight of my favourite ten concert experiences have been Maiden.

My favourite songs on the night in order: Flight of Icarus, FTGGOG, Sign of the Cross, The Clansman. And the opening three songs were a powerful start to the show. The only song I would have replaced from the setlist was Fear of the Dark but as a crowd pleaser it is kind of mandatory. I would have exchanged it with another reunion era song.

My most enjoyable part of the concert was air guitaring and air drumming with a woman and her two young daughters for the whole encore. Afterwards I tried to say thank you to them but cannot speak any Greek so the woman laughed at the weird random sounds I made. She did give me a thumbs up.

A great night and a great trip to Greece. I am saddened by the horrible fires that raged on Monday. Tragic.

I’m going along to the Manchester show next week with a group of friends and sadly fly home to Australia the next day. What an amazing Iron Maiden pilgrimage it’s been!

Yeah it was a real tragedy nearly 70 people were lost in the fire and another 40 are missing.

Yeah it was a real tragedy nearly 70 people were lost in the fire and another 40 are missing.

Incredibly sad. My Greek friends drove me along the coast of Athens just the day before the fires and there were thousands of people enjoying the sun and water.

Anyway, Gk1 I hope you get to see Maiden next time they play Athens!

When are they arriving in Krakow, anyone?
I'm sitting in a bar in Old Town right now. Any chance I bump into them ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back