Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what way did you experience the nineties albums when they came out? Did you run to the shop when released? Did you eagerly buy concert tickets around that time? All this attribites to the intensity of enjoying, enriching this period and the music. Later on, I was eager as well, but at some point you begin to hear some recycling things. Up til 1992 (IMO until 1995, even) it was all fresh and completely new, uncharted. No, not all nineties albums are better than later album. No, not all nineties songs are better than later songs.

But also: hell no that (all?) material released since the reunion was vastly superior. That thought is very hard to comprehend.
vastly superior to what the 90's albums? if so then yes the Post reunion albums are WAY better than the 90's albums IMO and I think most fans may agree on that. Better than the 80's albums? The majority NO. My top 5 maiden albums are 1.Powerslave.2.SSOASS.3.TNOTB.4.Piece of Mind.5.Iron Maiden. BNW is the one that beats Killers for me and for some people AMOLAD is in their top 5 and also for some people the first 2 albums rank low on people's list. As would aslo be for me on Killers but nostalgia saves Killers on that one.

In what way did you experience the nineties albums when they came out? Did you run to the shop when released? Did you eagerly buy concert tickets around that time? All this attribites to the intensity of enjoying, enriching this period and the music. Later on, I was eager as well, but at some point you begin to hear some recycling things. Up til 1992 (IMO until 1995, even) it was all fresh and completely new, uncharted. No, not all nineties albums are better than later album. No, not all nineties songs are better than later songs.

I bought the albums if not on the day of release, shortly after that (my city was not that well-served in terms of record shops). My first Maiden gigs were in the 90s too.

But also: hell no that (all?) material released since the reunion was vastly superior. That thought is very hard to comprehend.

Different people have different opinions; that should not be that hard to comprehend. That being said, that bit should have read "most of the material" as there is no way Age of Innocence is better than Be Quick or Be Dead or Afraid to Shoot Strangers :D

In all honesty, only Fear of the Dark and, perhaps, Sign of the Cross, would made it to my personal top 30, in which I include a handful of post-reunion material.

I bought the albums if not on the day of release, shortly after that (my city was not that well-served in terms of record shops). My first Maiden gigs were in the 90s too.

Different people have different opinions; that should not be that hard to comprehend. That being said, that bit should have read "most of the material" as there is no way Age of Innocence is better than Be Quick or Be Dead or Afraid to Shoot Strangers :D

In all honesty, only Fear of the Dark and, perhaps, Sign of the Cross, would made it to my personal top 30, in which I include a handful of post-reunion material.
I probably include 4 post-reunion and 6 nineties in my top 30.

Oh come on it's a bit of fun, it's a song that's been played to death. Anything that revitalises it, and makes it seem fresh is welcome in my eyes. Same with Bruce's costume during FOTD. I'd rather this than watching the band look bored stiff playing it.
So would I - if anything it's like they're sticking two fingers up at the establishment and going "see what we can do and still be more metal than everyone else".

And down with the neigh-sayers :D.

Heavy metal is inherently a bit silly, I much prefer the theatrical Maiden approach to a bunch of angry looking guys dressed all in black who never look like they enjoy themselves on stage.

I love when Maiden have a bit of tongue in cheek humour. I especially love it when the angry looking guys are triggered by it. It's usually the same people who listen to gimps in corpse paint, having an irony bypass.

Too many songs seem to be long for the sake of being long. An extra repeated chorus here a few extra bars repeated there.
Yes. I even planned to edit the songs of BOS to a more sensible length. Cutting away repeated guitar themes and other unnecessary parts and solos.

Haha I made a 6-something minutes version that omits most repeats. Of course it sounds totally ridiculous. I even posted it here on forum, just for fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back