Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the first Helsinki gig, he did it for the first pre-chorus but not the second. I dunno if it was intentional or not, because it sorta looked like he wasn't even trying to walk back to the mic (he was playing next to Janick on the other side of the stage).

WED was a bit off at the gig. Bruce was a bit all over the place and Janick's out of tune guitar kind of wrecked the otherwise beautiful harmony. It's a shame he didn't catch that before and swap his guitar out earlier.

'Arry seems to be laughing at the fuck-up after they recover, don't think he was that bothered about it. It's a part of playing live, somebody will inevitably fuck up once or twice.
So funny! Jan looking at Dave. Adrian walks over to Dave. Dave in a world of his own. If you listen carefully Dave is playing wrathchild. It's coming! Jan's solo sounded iffy and when did he start playing on monitor ? Not sure about Bruce and that Cape! Bit silly !
Have maiden ever stopped a song and started again? I guess sotc was too far in!?

I think it's more about wanting to keep the energy up after the slight blunder they had. They didn't allow the mistake to lower the energy or flow of the rest of the song. It's something that happened, was corrected, and then the band got back to playing and keeping the crowd into it. That, plus I'm sure it's a part of the song Janick usually jumps during all other times anyway.

We all love Maiden but there are things that Jan does that I find totally laughable and unfitting. I learned to live with that but this doesn't mean that we always need to find good in everything he does.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I heard Adrian playing pinch harmonics, slight variation of the main riff during Iron Maiden in Stockholm?

Last edited:
We all love Maiden but there are things that Jan does that I find totally laughable and unfitting. I learned to live with that but this doesn't mean that we always need to find good in everything he does.
A lot of people are in your line of thinking. I myself don't need to find good in everything he does because most of what he does is good anyway.

Janick's songwriting contributions alone are proof enough he's more than earned his spot in Iron Maiden. His stage antics aren't even that distracting, I barely noticed them at all at the Helsinki gig.

e: The only exception being his guitar spinning antics on Iron Maiden, and even then my only thoughts were "he really is a bloody hooligan, isn't he" and "that poor guitar, wonder where he buys his straps from".

how can one find this laughable?!
gSu4D95

https://imgur.com/a/gSu4D95

My favorite songwriter since the Réunion. Don't care if he does Ballett - muay thai on stage

I noted that Bruce spoke unusually little between songs last night. Was that the case on the other shows as well?

Well his speecehs (before The Clansman and FTGGOG) were pretty short in Tallinn, but in first Helsinki show he spoke quite a lot and went a bit deeper with the themes. The second Helsinki show was a different story, since the chat before The Clansman was pretty short (pretty funny though, there was some great stuff about Nicko's drumsticks and Steve using only two strings of his acoustic bass and Bruce wondering what the other two might do :D) and they moved directly into FTGGOG right after Revelations without any chat with the crowd.

But yeah, he did state before the tour that there won't be that much talking. Pretty much like Maiden England tour.

I just realized something strange: as stated, Nicko's drumkit has the SiT Eddie on, but not the Powerslave one. The wrap was likely finished ages ago, so they couldn't update it to match any recent set changes.

Meanwhile the art on the stained glass has the Trooper, SSOASS, NotB and Powerslave Eddies on, so most assumed a last-minute change resulted in the NotB Eddie replacing the SiT Eddie. But wouldn't the drumkit's design indicate the replacement was the SiT Eddie being replaced by the Powerslave one? Can we infer something about setlist changes made after the initial tour announcement from this?
Someone said they reharsed Heaven Can Wait. The tour poster also had a hint towards it. I think it was in the setlist until Hallowed could be played again.

Well his speecehs (before The Clansman and FTGGOG) were pretty short in Tallinn, but in first Helsinki show he spoke quite a lot and went a bit deeper with the themes. The second Helsinki show was a different story, since the chat before The Clansman was pretty short (pretty funny though, there was some great stuff about Nicko's drumsticks and Steve using only two strings of his acoustic bass and Bruce wondering what the other two might do :D) and they moved directly into FTGGOG right after Revelations without any chat with the crowd.
He also had the little expensive seats bit at the first Helsinki show. Funny that he pointed it out, but oh my God did I not want to even consider standing up after getting my ass seated. That fucking place is hazardously steep, and there's barely any room if you stand up. A little bit of roughhousing and a cracked skull shall be your reward.

Shame the floor was so empty though, it wasn't up to me but I would've much rather been down there with the rest of the lunatics. But it's not like there was any way to know beforehand that this sold out show would have a barely half-full floor.

I guess it is not just Steve who is gone deaf after all...lol. Seriously tbough, in the last tours they had two a bit complex songs Paschendale and Sign of the cross and they managed to screw them both.

Paschendale is much more manageable and honestly, as much as I LOVE them both, I'd prefer Paschendale…..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back