Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the first Helsinki gig, he did it for the first pre-chorus but not the second. I dunno if it was intentional or not, because it sorta looked like he wasn't even trying to walk back to the mic (he was playing next to Janick on the other side of the stage).

WED was a bit off at the gig. Bruce was a bit all over the place and Janick's out of tune guitar kind of wrecked the otherwise beautiful harmony. It's a shame he didn't catch that before and swap his guitar out earlier.

'Arry seems to be laughing at the fuck-up after they recover, don't think he was that bothered about it. It's a part of playing live, somebody will inevitably fuck up once or twice.

I don't think that their relations are as tense as they used to be back in the day. Having said that.. I would be furious if someone in my band screwed a song so badly...and I don't even consider myself the band leader.

It seems that Adrian and Janick are again switching the solo in Revelations ! 2 for H and 2 for Jan so far :)

SDX is the name of the east-Asian knock-off.

Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet gave Sign of the Cross 5/5 and did not mention anything about mistakes. Doubt they were even there. Not that I care, but if you as a reviewer don't notice THAT...

Yeah, of course, the discussion here doesn't match the general idea of the overall reception from the audience. The people around me, and I was standing near the front middle, didn't seem to react and when I talked with a friend afterwards, he didn't even notice. And he's a huge fan. We shouldnt be overplaying this.

Because the atmosphere of it creates its own social reality, and because everything already sounds quite differently in the concert setup, even the mistakes will sound natural. I am sure some people noticed it there as they already told here, but also I am sure many people thought it was something with the sound system there, and some people probably thought like "okay so it sounds like that in reality".

So no worries. They did not fail so badly for a concert.

The only people who noticed it are probably the hardcore fans who know the songs note-for-note. People are blowing it way out of proportion. They're not going to replace the song after messing it up once.

Nicko fails to come in on time after the Steve/Dave part. Just a few beats of. Then he miss the tempo change and plays the wrong pattern for 15 seconds while the band waits for him to sort himself out. The look on Adrian and Janick as they wait for the correct pattern.. looks like Steve is the one teaching Nicko the song. Would love to hear that conversation!

It’s a technical song, sure. But he is the drummer and the last one to react to his second mistake. New Maiden drummer - coming sooner than you think!

Because the atmosphere of it creates its own social reality, and because everything already sounds quite differently in the concert setup, even the mistakes will sound natural. I am sure some people noticed it there as they already told here, but also I am sure many people thought it was something with the sound system there, and some people probably thought like "okay so it sounds like that in reality".

So no worries. They did not fail so badly for a concert.
If you are a musican you will notice because the tempo changes happen of beat.

Last edited:
I just realized something strange: as stated, Nicko's drumkit has the SiT Eddie on, but not the Powerslave one. The wrap was likely finished ages ago, so they couldn't update it to match any recent set changes.

Meanwhile the art on the stained glass has the Trooper, SSOASS, NotB and Powerslave Eddies on, so most assumed a last-minute change resulted in the NotB Eddie replacing the SiT Eddie. But wouldn't the drumkit's design indicate the replacement was the SiT Eddie being replaced by the Powerslave one? Can we infer something about setlist changes made after the initial tour announcement from this?

I just watched the full, better quality upload of Sign of the Cross, and despite the train wreck that song is still a highlight. To all those who dislike Janick, that guy is absolutely crucial. Him jumping up after the fuck-up and bringing the crowd back into the song is really, really great. Honestly, he puts the "Maiden" in "Iron Maiden". :D

But seriously, this is the best line-up we've ever had.

I just watched the full, better quality upload of Sign of the Cross, and despite the train wreck that song is still a highlight. To all those who dislike Janick, that guy is absolutely crucial. Him jumping up after the fuck-up and bringing the crowd back into the song is really, really great. Honestly, he puts the "Maiden" in "Iron Maiden". :D

But seriously, this is the best line-up we've ever had.

This makes zero sense. Maiden is about jumping up and down?lol

I noted that Bruce spoke unusually little between songs last night. Was that the case on the other shows as well?

interesting fact: on the bottom half of the stained glass windows it has four other pictures of Eddie ->

- the first one is the Aces High single cover
- the second one is the pharaoh from the Powerslave tour poster
- the third one is the writer Eddie from the SSOASS album (sometimes used as a backdrop for The Clairvoyant)
- the fourth one is The Evil That Men Do single cover

Dej5k6BUEAAsc0k.jpg

Janick is about jumping up and down, and Janick is a member of Maiden, so by extention, yes!

I noted that Bruce spoke unusually little between songs last night. Was that the case on the other shows as well?
IIRC they (or maybe just Bruce) wanted to cut down on audience interaction between songs / speaches / etc. and focus more on the songs, the stage, and the performance, and let those carry the show themselves.

I think it's more about wanting to keep the energy up after the slight blunder they had. They didn't allow the mistake to lower the energy or flow of the rest of the song. It's something that happened, was corrected, and then the band got back to playing and keeping the crowd into it. That, plus I'm sure it's a part of the song Janick usually jumps during all other times anyway.

If Adrian not going to use the black Custom Les Paul on this year's tour, then maybe he will use it for a new song to the setlist in 2019, like was the case with TGU in 2017 - he had the guitar with him on the 2016 leg, but he don't use it 'till the 2017 leg on The Great Unknown !

*On the picture with the Adrian's guitars that I shared, I think the five Jackson guitars on it are: 2 white, 1 white and black, 1 green and the sunburst Strat that he last used in 2007 !

There are 2 white andblack Jacksons. I saw them in Tallinn
If Adrian not going to use the black Custom Les Paul on this year's tour, then maybe he will use it for a new song to the setlist in 2019, like was the case with TGU in 2017 - he had the guitar with him on the 2016 leg, but he don't use it 'till the 2017 leg on The Great Unknown !

*On the picture with the Adrian's guitars that I shared, I think the five Jackson guitars on it are: 2 white, 1 white and black, 1 green and the sunburst Strat that he last used in 2007 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back