Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's a good thing they didn't attempt to play Empire Of The Clouds because that might have been a train wreck.

Travis just imagine Bruce trying to play the piano while Nicko is doing the military march part....that would have been pure gold,haha

Are we talking about the Schienenzeppelin because that's literally the only way an airship could be a train wreck.

The video shows that Dave is not even aware of the problem for a long time.

This is the ideal SOTC, put it on DVD :rocker:
Yeah Dave is like... I don't give a fuck. I'll just smile and play on. It's the rest of the band's job to find me...

:)

Props to H, Steve and Nicko salvaging this wreck.

Last edited:
Funny how some think they are going to drop a song with lots of effects added for the live show just because they managed to make some mistakes one night. The joys of the internet...

Dring...Dring

Wrathchild: "Hello?"
A secret consortium of hooded, lazy musicians: "Hiiiiiiiiii. Yeah, we need you again, boy."
Wrathchild: "Who is it, this time?"
A secret consortium of hooded, lazy musicians: "'Sign of the Cross'... some tune that they did while I was away, mate."
Wrathchild: "You've said too much. But okay, I'm on my way... There's someone with you, who is the third one... Hello? Who is it?"
A secret consortium of hooded, lazy musicians: ":)"

Last edited:
Reactions: Gk1
There was also a bit in the documentary where Adrian mentions something about "not everything being the way you wanted" and it's one of the only things he really says about the album
Don't know what he meant, but IMO Starblind and Isle of Avalon are overcrowded with his soloing. And yet these two are among the good ones on the record (also Talisman, Alchemist and WTWWB ). Almost ten years since they released it, I'm still finding it hard to listen TFF in it's entirety.

Ohhh, that white V guitar is pure gold ! These are Adrian's guitars, but can anyone recognize the others... :)

DenPO-yXcAAQsnC.jpg

These are Adrian's guitars, but can anyone recognize the others
Two from the right could be his SDX Jacksons, the white one and SIT one (white and black), I can't see the other three, but I guess that one of them is Stratocaster he played on Death on the Road.
Don't know about his gold Gibson, he is still using that guitar, but mostly in studio.

Mistakes or not, I loved seeing "Sign of the Cross" live. I certainly didn't expect it after they already did "The Clansman".

Most happy about "Where Eagles Dare". It's one of my favourites and I never thought they'd dig it out again.

SDX is the name of the east-Asian knock-off.

Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet gave Sign of the Cross 5/5 and did not mention anything about mistakes. Doubt they were even there. Not that I care, but if you as a reviewer don't notice THAT...

Both protos, Green Jackson, JB sig Jackson, Proto 2 black pickg. Jackson, Black Custom and V. Missing is the black LP standard.

Great :ok: What is exactly the color of the flying V, white or cream - I can't decide... o_O

New moment for me was Adrian singing back vocals during pre-chorus of Wickerman. Can't remember if they did it on some previous tours, but it's rather strange part of the song for backing vocals. Chorus would be more like it.
At the first Helsinki gig, he did it for the first pre-chorus but not the second. I dunno if it was intentional or not, because it sorta looked like he wasn't even trying to walk back to the mic (he was playing next to Janick on the other side of the stage).

Has Janick walking off stage at 4:45 in this video been talked about? I wonder what that's all about.
WED was a bit off at the gig. Bruce was a bit all over the place and Janick's out of tune guitar kind of wrecked the otherwise beautiful harmony. It's a shame he didn't catch that before and swap his guitar out earlier.

'Arry seems to be laughing at the fuck-up after they recover, don't think he was that bothered about it. It's a part of playing live, somebody will inevitably fuck up once or twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back