Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be so quick as to judge whose fault it was. They all got lost but didn't stop playing.

Dave screwed up the beginning of Run to the Hills by forgetting to turn his volume up, is our take on it.

Wouldn't be so quick as to judge whose fault it was. They all got lost but didn't stop playing.

Dave screwed up the beginning of Run to the Hills by forgetting to turn his volume up, is our take on it.
No. He played half step too low, turned his volume down and finally began playing in the right pitch.

SOTC edit: Dave fucked up, not Jan. Seen a video from the left side and the most prominent guitar (Dave) goes out of tempo with no reason. Jan starts looking across the stage lost in universe, Steve runs to Nicko trying to find himself and Adrian quits playing for a while, resulting in that majestic trainwreck.

:D

I'd rather see them calling it a day than continue without any of the members of the current line-up. This is not a sports team where you can replace players, especially not at this stage in their career.
Judas Priest, AC/DC, and Slayer aren't sports teams either and they did it. I wouldn't have a problem at all if Maiden went on without Nicko especially if we get a 2 or 3 new albums as a result. He doesn't right any music on their albums except one song so he's definitely not needed in that area.

And I definitely agree that we most likely won't hear any new Maiden until after the LOTB tour is over.

No. He played half step too low, turned his volume down and finally began playing in the right pitch.

SOTC edit: Dave fucked up, not Jan. Seen a video from the left side and the most prominent guitar (Dave) goes out of tempo with no reason. Jan starts looking across the stage lost in universe, Steve runs to Nicko trying to find himself and Adrian quits playing for a while, resulting in that majestic trainwreck.

:D
The video shows that Dave is not even aware of the problem for a long time.

This is the ideal SOTC, put it on DVD :rocker:

Don't know how those people felt about the SOTC mistake, although this song is rather difficult to play, but it probably didn't affect the entire show.
I know that me and couple of my friends were a bit dissapointed back in 2009. in Belgrade. We really enjoyed that night, but they messed quite a few things. Adrian started 2MTM earlier and it went on with the flow smoothly, but later Nicko started Trooper instead of Phantom, Adrian started Wasted years instead of Trooper, and Bruce forgot the words for Powerslave and HBTN (which was sang 10000 times before).
When you pay 30-40 euros for a ticket in a country where average salary is around 300 euros, you really don't expect to go on a concert and watch your favourite band making such gaffs.

Last edited:
The press release said the tour would be going into 2019, not sure why that would change especially since the tour seems to be a big success so far. At the same time, they do seem more enthusiastic about new material lately. It's a stark contrast to the TFF/Maiden England era when they never said anything definitive about new music and overall didn't seem all that excited about TFF (we also heard stories about H being unhappy with certain aspects, it had the lowest representation of a new album on its tour since the early 90s, and they haven't played anything from it since). They actually seem inspired this time around and Steve definitively saying they're working on the album when we're just a few weeks into a nostalgia tour is also a good sign. But LC is also right: at the end of the day Maiden is a small corporation and their management has a large say in what happens. There's no way Rod is going to cut a huge cash cow short in favor of making an album that nobody (comparatively speaking) will buy.

On a somewhat related note, I'm also starting to think they will continue without Nicko. He keeps pushing that idea in interviews and he seems so serious about it that I could see them taking him up on it. There are also many other bands continuing without key members and finding success with it. We all like to think Maiden is different, but I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up happening.
Have any links about H being unhappy about TFF? Been a Maiden fan since 2001, but TFF was the last time I saw them on tour and I kind of fell out of love with them after that album. Have never liked it that much. Thought Book of Souls was quite good but bloated but it’s only this year I’ve seemed to have found my love for the band again.

https://ironmaiden.com/news/article/the-final-frontier---recording-diary-by-kevin-shirley
From Kevin Shirley's diary:
Adrian came by The Cave for a listen - he thought the tracks sounded good but "a little too much like the band in the studio". He thought more reverb to make them sound more "majestic" and "epic". Steve disagreed strongly. Honestly, they are both right.
Mixed The Man Who Would Be King. Adrian came in and said it all sounded good - and said he was 95% happy with the album mixes and we should look at them and tweak them slightly - I am perfectly happy to reassess any of the mixes, as daunting as the prospect of revisiting everything is, changing sonics etc., but Steve and I are quite happy with it and neither of us can really afford the extra time it would take to remix, so Steve jumped in and basically said we're going to be done this weekend and we are not remixing the entire album. Adrian ultimately understood but wasn't thrilled about it!

There was also a bit in the documentary where Adrian mentions something about "not everything being the way you wanted" and it's one of the only things he really says about the album. It's easy to read too much into these things so I'm not taking this to mean Adrian was unhappy with the album as a whole (and being a perfectionist he probably has some issues with everything they do). However, it's one of the only times I can think of where something negative about the album from a member of the band was made public shortly after release. In conjunction with the other things I mentioned, it makes me think they probably aren't as fond of the album in retrospect as others (kinda like Dance of Death). It's a stark contrast to TBOS where everything was positive.

"GOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!"

"The Sign of the Cross."

"The- The Sign of the Cross?
At this time of day?
In this part of the country?
Localized entirely within your concert?"

"Yes."

"May I hear it?"

"Yes!"

This is how the Blaze era came to be. All is revealed.

I guess it is not just Steve who is gone deaf after all...lol. Seriously tbough, in the last tours they had two a bit complex songs Paschendale and Sign of the cross and they managed to screw them both.

I guess it is not just Steve who is gone deaf after all...lol. Seriously tbough, in the last tours they had two a bit complex songs Paschendale and Sign of the cross and they managed to screw them both.
Maybe it's a good thing they didn't attempt to play Empire Of The Clouds because that might have been a train wreck.

"GOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!"

"The Sign of the Cross."

"The- The Sign of the Cross?
At this time of day?
In this part of the country?
Localized entirely within your concert?"

"Yes."

"May I hear it?"

"Yes!"

This is how the Blaze era came to be. All is revealed.
"STEVE THE SALES AROUND DOWN! HEEELLLPPP!!"
"No Manager that's just the crowds changing"
Low effort but that's the best I could come up with

Nicko started to play one part differently than usual, and threw off one of the guitarists (since there was no accents in the usual places)
I think Steve alone managed to follow through correctly
It's a tricky part with very odd rhythm pattern, it's a wonder they don't screw it up more often :D
But they also screwed TRATB a few times on the previous tour and didn't drop it, I think Sign is still safe from Wrathchild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back