Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry LC, but i thitk it should be obvious that this is a forum and every post is an opinion (at least I think about them like this, even if they are presented diferrently).
I like to think that too. The problem is that lots of people don't get that, they assume you're trying to tell them what to think. I'm guilty of doing it too, and I, too, am trying to do better.

The press release said the tour would be going into 2019, not sure why that would change especially since the tour seems to be a big success so far. At the same time, they do seem more enthusiastic about new material lately. It's a stark contrast to the TFF/Maiden England era when they never said anything definitive about new music and overall didn't seem all that excited about TFF (we also heard stories about H being unhappy with certain aspects, it had the lowest representation of a new album on its tour since the early 90s, and they haven't played anything from it since). They actually seem inspired this time around and Steve definitively saying they're working on the album when we're just a few weeks into a nostalgia tour is also a good sign. But LC is also right: at the end of the day Maiden is a small corporation and their management has a large say in what happens. There's no way Rod is going to cut a huge cash cow short in favor of making an album that nobody (comparatively speaking) will buy.

On a somewhat related note, I'm also starting to think they will continue without Nicko. He keeps pushing that idea in interviews and he seems so serious about it that I could see them taking him up on it. There are also many other bands continuing without key members and finding success with it. We all like to think Maiden is different, but I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up happening.

Apologies for a late reply. I'm 99% sure Steve said on the BoS tour that they decided that if a member quits or is forced to retire due to health issues the whole band is going and will not carry on,so idk if they will replace Nicko at this stage

I think that because of the stained glass artwork (the bottom half of it) maybe The Clairvoyant has a chance to be played in 2019 [the writer Eddie]...

I love the bass intro on this song and I think it is a hits song by Maiden :)

Apologies for a late reply. I'm 99% sure Steve said on the BoS tour that they decided that if a member quits or is forced to retire due to health issues the whole band is going and will not carry on,so idk if they will replace Nicko at this stage
I dunno that's corporate speak to me. Catch the band while you can because they won't be around forever. There's also an element of trying to sell the current lineup as definitive. Their ability to stay together this long has been a point of pride with them. Don't be surprised when they slowly start backing away from that.

I'm still pretty sure they retire when Nicko can't do it anymore, but I'm increasingly becoming more convinced that a replacement is possible.

Having a bit of time now to digest the set list, its great, my only criticism does involve the AMOLAD choice also. Having greater good and the two Blaze songs, all of which I like individually, does create a tad bit of drag. IMO, of course. perhaps a "Breege, Clansman, Judgement Day" combo...?

Anyway,

I skipped the Stockholm concert. I might do a later date as I strongly feel that I've seen to many history tours. This one looks amazing so far, very tempting! That Sign of the Cross seemed like a Nicko mistake indeed. He was sloppy on many tempo changes in that song judging from videos.

Last edited:
Why people are so worried about Nicko's drumming? Well, ok, he is the oldest one but his drumming is still in a very good level. I don't see signs of decline.

If he keeps practicing he will be in a good level for at least 5-7 years and he will be able to carry on afterwards probably playing more conventional.

His drum fills on FotD (video below) are incredible IMHO, especially from 5:04 onwards.

Why people are so worried about Nicko's drumming? Well, ok, he is the oldest one but his drumming is still in a very good level. I don't see signs of decline.

If he keeps practicing he will be in a good level for at least 5-7 years and he will be able to carry on afterwards probably playing more conventional.

His drum fills on FotD (video below) are incredible IMHO, especially from 5:04 onwards.
The problem with that is arthritis. As soon as that becomes a problem he’s done.

IN YOUR OPINION.

I'll express myself any damn way I feel fit, thank you very much.
That... isn't exactly how things work around here. This is a community forum. We have to respect each other, which clearly is not what you're doing with that post. LC never attacked or accused you of anything, he essentially just asked you to put an "I think" before expressing your opinion. Absolutely no need for you to be rude about it.

That... isn't exactly how things work around here. This is a community forum. We have to respect each other, which clearly is not what you're doing with that post. LC never attacked or accused you of anything, he essentially just asked you to put an "I think" before expressing your opinion. Absolutely no need for you to be rude about it.

I could have also used a "for me". "I think" is bad. Either way, the words are redundant. There was nothing in the least offensive in my original post, certainly nothing that required I be scolded. It was rooted in joy and a love of the band. And yet, here you are accusing me of rudeness.

If someone is taking it as a personal slight that I think an Iron Maiden album begins to dip at track 8, I really don't know where to begin.

It would have been really great if they added one or two shorter songs from BNW or AMOLAD, I really like the current setlist, especially with some different approach to some of the songs, but somehow I think that newer songs are really sinking into the shadows (and out of the sun).
BTW, Bruce kinda reminds me on King Diamond with his outfit on FOTD, especially when he stands next to the cross with bulbs :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back