Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the LOTB setlist, Maiden represented 10 albums ! That's great. I think that with some changes to the setlist, then it would include even more albums:

- swap Revelations for SIASL or ATG (a song from the SIT album to be include) or NPFTD (the song)
- swap Where Eagles Dare for 22AA or Prowler... personal wish
- add one extra song to the setlist (to be 17 songs not 16) from the Killers album (not Wrathchild :D)
- rotate The Wicker Man and Rainmaker (a song from the DOD album to be represent)

and we will have 14 albums represented in the setlist (without TBOS and TFF albums)

Naaah, I'm more than happy with the setlist and the stage set - Up the Irons !!! :)

Last edited:
I might be alone in this, but I enjoy his production job on Maiden's albums. Brave New World sounds very fresh, crisp and clear, and the drum sound in A Matter of Life and Death might be the best drum sound in any album I've ever heard. The Dance of Death production has grown on me and now it doesn't bother me at all, and The Final Frontier and The Book of Souls aren't bad either.
The new vinyl of DOD saves it a bit. The CD of BOS is muddy and lifeless but the Vinyl does bring it out a bit with some decent volume. I don't think Kevin Shirley can be blamed though his work with Joe Bonamassa, Joanne Shaw Taylor and Beth Hart is outstanding.

Seriously, I don't know how anyone can complain about this setlist ! The tour is for Maiden's greatest hits and some surprises ->

the greatest hits in the setlist are: AH, 2MTM, Trooper, FOTD, NOTB, TETMD, HBTN and RTTH...

Flight of Icarus is also a hit Maiden song and a nice welcomed surprise. #rarity

we also have the two most beloved and top Maiden epics, from the Blaze era: The Clansman and Sign of the Cross (a nice surprises as well) #rarities

one other song that is also a greatest hit: The Wicker Man - one of the best songs from the reunion era !

we also have the mandatory song: Iron Maiden + one of the best slow/mid-tempo songs from the 80's which is a classic: Revelations (like Blood Brothers, the modern mid-tempo classic song)

and we have other two rarities: Where Eagles Dare and FTGGOG...... | though, a song from the SIT album should have been included ! |

Was anyone around for Somewhere On Tour? Did you expect ATG for that album tour?
I saw the SIT tour and yes i was expecting it to be played because prior to that tour, Maiden had always played the long song off the new lp. The moment they started playing ROTAM, i knew they were not going to play ATG. I even remember turning to my friend and saying "why are they playing this again? They played this last tour! What about ATG?"

I don’t really have a problem with any of maidens production jobs on any album. I don’t sit there scrutinising every little nuance of sound on an album like it sounds like some do on here. Think it would drive me nuts if I was Contantanly getting peed off listening to something thinking this note is off, this sounds a bit wrong lol.

Having said all that for those that do notice production botch ups more than me I would lay a months wages that any shift in production on an album is all down to steve.

Ever since he got interested in producing and built his own studio he has been obsessed with creating what he calls “maidens live sound”. Even when the others in the band got sick of him producing the albums and when the reunion was announced demanded they get a top producer he still sticks his nose in and I bet he changes loads of stuff Kevin Shirley does in the studio or at the very least tells him what to do. If I was Shirley I would be well pissed off with Steve’s constant butting in but I guess the maiden job pays well so he puts up and shuts up.

Which makes me wonder if Steve also interferes in Maiden's live sound itself. It was borderline unpleasant at Leeds last year, and compared to other bands I've seen, Maiden live tend towards a wall of sound with Bruce struggling to shout over the top of it, and some very clicky bass.

Seriously, I don't know how anyone can complain about this setlist ! The tour is for Maiden's greatest hits and some surprises ->

the greatest hits in the setlist are: AH, 2MTM, Trooper, FOTD, NOTB, TETMD, HBTN and RTTH...

Flight of Icarus is also a hit Maiden song and a nice welcomed surprise. #rarity

we also have the two most beloved and top Maiden epics, from the Blaze era: The Clansman and Sign of the Cross (a nice surprises as well) #rarities

one other song that is also a greatest hit: The Wicker Man - one of the best songs from the reunion era !

we also have the mandatory song: Iron Maiden + one of the best slow/mid-tempo songs from the 80's which is a classic: Revelations (like Blood Brothers, the modern mid-tempo classic song)

and we have other two rarities: Where Eagles Dare and FTGGOG...... | though, a song from the SIT album should have been included ! |

To be honest with you I expected some songs that were never played before. And apart from that - as I also said before - I thought that this best of tour was supposed to cover NPFTD and FOTD albums. I kind of love both of them.

absolutely. And a well-made audiophile setup will not necessarily be more forgiving to the recording.

Correct, and the effect is opposite.
I have a rather basic "high quality" setup consisting of M-Audio interface, Phillips preamp and two monitors (each with a main driver and twitter).

Both guitars on TXF and drums on VXI would be rated as "bad production" overall. You might like that B production trash horror but, still a B production.

To be honest with you I expected some songs that were never played before. And apart from that - as I also said before - I thought that this best of tour was supposed to cover NPFTD and FOTD albums. I kind of love both of them.

Yeah. The fact that it's a greatest hits tour is a bummer. They've done 3 of those tours already. Only surprise this tour was Icarus. It sucks when youve been on so many tours and heard everything like I have. I am excited to hear SOTC and Clansman again as I was a kid when I heard them. I was finishing school when AMOLAD tour was going on. I'm really bummed nothing from DOD or as you said FOTD or NPFTD. It's a great set list for a greatest hits tour but I guess we were expecting it to be something different. I will say this. That STAGE set is the coolest thing I think I've ever seen them do. Looks like Ghosts stage from last tour... lol it's awesome and can't wait to see it in person.

Reactions: Gk1

I expected ATG to be finally played :( but this tour has 5 surprises + the golden classics, so not bad. :)

I hope Maiden to rotate songs during the tour (that is unlikely) so they can cover more albums. Maybe they will change a song or two in 2019 when the tour continue.
-> the albums that are not represented in the current setlist are: Killers, SIT, NPFTD, DOD, TFF and TBOS... the last two are unlikely to get a song played from them !

In 2019 Maiden is expected to hit UK, South & North America, Asia, Oceania and Africa, right ? 2018 is only Europe - 2019 would be ''round the world'' tour !
I also expect Ed Force One to return for the 2019 leg. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back