Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
True....but no one said that they would almost completely neglect the next two albums..

Edit...they teased Bqobd during didn't they???
They said they would do a handful of songs from 1990-2015. They didn't specify which albums they would pick songs from. The BQOBD tease was Revelations if you are thinking about the eye in the poster (eye of the nile).

I'm in a Forostarish statistic mood this morning. :D Some interesting tidbits about the tour:

- A "handful" of post-80s material seems to mean 5 songs, including 3 that hover around the ten minute mark. Pretty close to the amount of new material we get on an album tour.

- The Final Frontier, NOT Somewhere In Time, is truly Maiden's black sheep and rare album. It is the only album to not have any representation in the setlist since the initial album tour. That's five TFF songs compared to only three songs from Somewhere In Time that have not been performed since the SIT tour. It's also one of two albums not to have any songs played live on the subsequent album tour (the other being Dance of Death, which was remedied a few years later on TFF tour). When DoD songs were finally brought back, it had been 6 years since anything from that album was played live. It has now been 7 years since anything from TFF has been played live. If we're lucky, we may see some TFF songs again on its tenth anniversary.

- Piece of Mind may be an "overexposed" album live; however, 50% of the POM songs on this setlist had not been played in over a decade. One of which was retired after just two complete tours in the 80s.

- If a live recording is released, For the Greater Good of God will be the only song that has not been represented on a live album/video before. It'll also be the first time anything from AMOLAD appears on a live album (12 years after release). If a video is released, it'll be the first time Where Eagles Dare has been released on an official video. It'll also be the first time recordings have been released of this lineup performing Flight of Icarus and Where Eagles Dare.

Setlist is good, for Maiden standards they did some setlist mixing, although I did expect a song from SIT and more numbers from BNW and AMOLAD. Maybe I'm being too unrealistic about including some song from SIT, but I really did expect some new age favourites, like Brave New World, Ghost, Dream of Mirrors, Different World, Fallen Angel, Planet... Honestly, they could manage it without Trooper, Midnight or Run to the hills, especially when Piece of mind record is very much present on this setlist. Or at least they could resurect Still life, for me it would be larger surprise than Icarus.

Last edited:
The setlist is pretty bold. Would I have loved, say, Ghost of the Navigator, Brighter than a Thousand Suns, or Paschendale? Of course. Is it awesome that some songs are getting played that haven't in a long time? Hell yes.

And Sign of the Cross + The Clansman - sign me the fuck up.

the albums that are not represented in the current setlist are: Killers, SIT, NPFTD, DOD, TFF and TBOS... the last two are unlikely to get a song played from them !
Reasonable rotations (in terms of length and "function"):
2MTM > El Dorado
FTGGOG > The Talisman
Revelations > Heaven Can Wait
The Wicker Man > Rainmaker
Where Eagles Dare > Murders in the Rue Morgue

ant the tricky one:
The Evil That Men Do > Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter ... but in that case, there wouldn't be any song from SSOASS left.

2MTM > El Dorado
FTGGOG > The Talisman

ant the tricky one:
The Evil That Men Do > Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter ... but in that case, there wouldn't be any song from SSOASS left.

I assume you mean Where Eagles Dare > Wrathchild... ;)

It's also one of two albums not to have any songs played live on the subsequent album tour (the other being Dance of Death, which was remedied a few years later on TFF tour).
I think they played nothing off AMOLAD on the "real" TFF tour either, did they?

Soon in Helsinki! Tonight seat right from stage, Daves side and tomorrow standing and trying as close to stage as possible. Two evenings beer and Maiden, lets go!

QvKTBYW_d.jpg

2MTM > El Dorado
FTGGOG > The Talisman

ant the tricky one:
The Evil That Men Do > Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter ... but in that
El dorado *shudders*

No TFF songs please

True....but no one said that they would almost completely neglect the next two albums..

Edit...they teased Bqobd during didn't they???
They played three songs from four 90's albums. Don't recall anyone predicting (pre-tour) they'd do many more. Still, I feel your pain.
I'm in a Forostarish statistic mood this morning. :D
And without Foro someone needs to blitz us with stats! :ok:

If Maiden release a video/DVD of this tour, which for me is a must, they have to add a second documentary disc about the tour, something like Behind the Beast documentary (En Vivo!). I really want to see how this awesome stage set is created - seriously, this is the best stage set that Maiden ever had ! And they playing their greatest songs, the band is on fire: it seems that they do not get old :p I was super excited about this tour and I'm totally satisfied with the outcome ! :clap:

I think there will be no change in the setlist tonight. But it would be nice to swap evil and hills. Hills is literally the worst song for closing the show. Evil has that happy vibe same as wasted years...it just leaves you with the smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back