Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoD is the worst recording of Maiden history. It is tonally so wrong that even its DVD version, in which the loudness war is not an issue, does not save it.

AMOLAD recording has a nice dark atmosphere that fits the theme, but technically the voice of Bruce is suppressed too much.

Brave New World is polished a bit too much in the mastering, and therefore sounds a tad bright, but I think it is the best Maiden recording up to date.

BoS is really good as well: it is the most analogue sounding album, with slightly harsh guitars and snappy drums. I think they tried the same thing in Final Frontier, but it was less successful there.

Virtual XI and X Factor I would say have worse production than DOD.

I love the bass and drums sound on TXF but the guitars are basically non existent and so thin unless they’re playing melodies or solos

Virtual XI and X Factor I would say have worse production than DOD.

I love the bass and drums sound on TXF but the guitars are basically non existent and so thin unless they’re playing melodies or solos
To me, Virtual XI sounds cleaner than DoD, although both XI and TXF sound really thin for the purposes of metal music. and in that sense DOD may be more musical :)

I think all Maiden’s albums productions suit their respective albums, it’s just a matter of what you’re using to listen to them. If you have really good headphones, some albums sound horrid, but on CD and such they’re all equals.

That's really not true. The albums were all mastered differently (for the older albums different masters exist on CD for the same albums) and Dance of Death distorts on CD.

And yet Kevin Shirley is they producer. Mind blowing.
Martin birch did SIT. The album is over processed and basically impossible to achieve live otherwise they'd have done it in 86. Don't get me wrong, the live sound from that tour was still badass and unique and they used the amps they did to record but it just didn't work as well as the studio unlike most Maiden albums where live tends to be better. Seventh son suffered the same fate

Not by a long shot. There were more Seventh Son... songs which survived the album tour than SIT ones, and they always work live.
It was a more liked album by the band and it had more singles than SIT did.... SSOASS had 5 singles released compared to SITs 2 singles

Let him poop parties, I’ll enjoy them even if there’s shit swimming in the punch bowl.

It was a more liked album by the band and it had more singles than SIT did.... SSOASS had 5 singles released compared to SITs 2 singles
... what? You completely missed the point. You said Seventh Son... suffered the same fate SIT did. It didn't.

If an album is well produced it sounds good no matter how and where you listen to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back