Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got through watching some more videos of the show. Absolutely amazing!! I cannot wait to see them next year. Like others have noted there has to be a dvd/blu-ray release...or we riot! Sadly it won't come out until late 2019, I suppose.

Is it just me or did Bruce’s voice fail him in 3:35 and Adrian laughs about it in the background? :p
Haha. To be fair that song is quite hard to sing. Check out the version from Download 2007 where he sounds horrible compared to this. I am so impressed by Bruce's performance in Tallinn. He seems to be hitting the highest notes with more ease than he has in a long time.

Haha. To be fair that song is quite hard to sing. Check out the version from Download 2007 where he sounds horrible compared to this. I am so impressed by Bruce's performance in Tallinn. He seems to be hitting the highest notes with more ease than he has in a long time.
Oh yes, I totally agree, he sounds immense, he sounded better on Aces High than on many shows from the SBIT tour. Just thought it was a little funny.

What seems different to me in FtGGoG is the "please tell me what life is" parts: Bruce kept the "is" parts much longer in the album recording, whereas he is too quick to pass them in live performance (the same he did in the AMOLAD tour). Maybe it is more exhaustive the other way, or maybe Bruce likes it this way.
I think it's more exhausting for him because he's cut other vocal parts short as well. Vocally, Bruce does have a few small shortcomings here and there, but he still sounds so amazing at least 95% of the time that it's not even a problem in the least and doesn't seem to bother anyone.

This set looks awesome, and I hope they bring the tour to Atlanta next year without significant changes. Actually, given the list of songs, I'd like to see no changes, since they'd likely switch out one of the rarities for Wrathchild or Running Free.

About the only thing that would make this a perfect setlist would be the inclusion of Stranger in a Strange Land, but it's clear they're not too keen on that song since they dropped it midway through the 99 reunion tour and never brought it back.

OK, another song I would LOVE to see live again would be Wasting Love, but that might be a vocal challenge for Bruce these days.

Yeah, Dance of Death sounds quite bad. The Final Frontier is also lifeless. Brave New World and AMOLAD are good.
DoD is the worst recording of Maiden history. It is tonally so wrong that even its DVD version, in which the loudness war is not an issue, does not save it.

AMOLAD recording has a nice dark atmosphere that fits the theme, but technically the voice of Bruce is suppressed too much.

Brave New World is polished a bit too much in the mastering, and therefore sounds a tad bright, but I think it is the best Maiden recording up to date.

BoS is really good as well: it is the most analogue sounding album, with slightly harsh guitars and snappy drums. I think they tried the same thing in Final Frontier, but it was less successful there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back