Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and I must admit that I was wrong. In earlier thread about tour I said that "Revelations" are boring etc. this video:
(posted some time ago in this thread) changed my mind. I like it. Not love but now I'll stay and listen instead of walking out in search of cold beer.

Oh, there it is - FTGGOG!
Steve's bass is sounding quite prominent on some of these clips. Like it! :ok:

Leak 2019 US Tour : Bruce during Death or Glory
flashgordon3.jpg

FTGGOG was played much too slow. That's my only complaint performance
It's as close to recorded tempo you can get without a metronome. It's perfect.

Well, I just watched the video and you're right. I guess it was the FOH mix that messed me up. Drums sounded great yesterday but they were much too loud and ate up all of the other instruments at the front.

I'm very surprised no Monkey business this time. No Blood Brothers and No Death or Glory? Man I would have lost that bet. And the addition of both Sign AND Clansman is still making me wonder if it's for real or just some CRAzy dream...
I digress: anyone think an official announcement of the 2nd leg is coming along soon, now that LOTB has taken off?

I certainly hope they come near me. They could play Purgatory, Vicar, and all those shitty tracks and I would still see them and plead for more.

Maiden have played 37 different songs on the last three tours. Quite good for a band who don't change the setlist from night to night. If we include The Final Frontier tour we get 51 (including 1000 Suns and Paschendale) different songs since 2010. That's a decent amount.
Great post! I was going to point out that Maiden only played 4 songs that they played on the 2017 TBOS tour. They do in fact mix things up but they also have to play some standards that most fans (and not necessarily that fans that post here) want to hear.

I remember when we saw Maiden in Charlotte NC last year we were walking out after the show and we saw one guy absolutely losing his mind because they did not play RTTH. His friends were trying to talk him down because he was actually becoming violent. And yeah, I'm pretty sure he was drunk, but jeez....

Not sure how rough Bruce normally sounds first gig, but he's sounding very, very good in everything I've listened to thus far.
He usually sounds kinda rough on first gigs. He really struggled on TBOS in Ft. Lauderdale, but I guess it was different because it was his first concert after the cancer. But he’s pretty good this time, hope it still gets even better as he warms his voice up. I seriously doubted that he could sing Where Eagles Dare well, and the mad man did it.

What seems different to me in FtGGoG is the "please tell me what life is" parts: Bruce kept the "is" parts much longer in the album recording, whereas he is too quick to pass them in live performance (the same he did in the AMOLAD tour). Maybe it is more exhaustive the other way, or maybe Bruce likes it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back