Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is how the red and the black is supposed to sound. I don't like the first 4 minutes, because it doesn't sound right to me; but Bruce sings it exactly this way in the album. So for those who don't like it, I believe it is not a problem with the concert.
Oh, I see now. For me, it's tied with my other most favorite vocal performance of all time which is Aces High.

What other songs do they shorten or change live?

The solo on Where Eagles Dare is also shortened.

Anyways, just arrived home. What. A. Weekend.

Back to life and studying, I guess. Time to Zagreb can't pass quickly enough. Maybe I'll even do the 2nd Krakow show this year and go on a holiday to Poland for a week.

Seventh Son was longer during the Maiden England tour. I think they extended the calm part. The Great Unknown got longer and longer last year, Bruce extended the ending almost every night.

Was and will never be a friend of Run To the Hills, no matter how good they are

The problem with the X Factor and Virtual X1 was at the time Blaze Bayley sounded no better than any number of pub rock band singers that I used to watch. I just sat thinking Iron Maiden could and should have recruited so much better. However after Bruce anyone would have been struggling to be up to the job.

Sad to say, but there is something about his style on faster passages that reminds me of pub band singers. And yet he can sing a lot better. Curse of the non vocalist-friendly songwriting again?

What other songs do they shorten or change live?

I think phantom was shorter in 2005?

If I remember correctly, Phantom of the Opera was not shorter in 2005.

Didn't they add a few bars to the quiet part in Seventh Son of a Seventh Son in 2012/2014?

The solo on Where Eagles Dare is also shortened.

Anyways, just arrived home. What. A. Weekend.

Back to life and studying, I guess. Time to Zagreb can't pass quickly enough. Maybe I'll even do the 2nd Krakow show this year and go on a holiday to Poland for a week.

So you are not selling your Zagreb ticket then, are you? ;)

The problem with the X Factor and Virtual X1 was at the time Blaze Bayley sounded no better than any number of pub rock band singers that I used to watch. I just sat thinking Iron Maiden could and should have recruited so much better. However after Bruce anyone would have been struggling to be up to the job.

If Maiden had gotten a better singer after Bruce, then late 90s Maiden might have been more successful. In that case Bruce might never have returned.

Blaze’s ineptitude saved Maiden.

If Maiden had gotten a better singer after Bruce, then late 90s Maiden might have been more successful. In that case Bruce might never have returned.

Blaze’s ineptitude saved Maiden.

Bruce was irreplaceable. Not only were they trying to replace one of the best and more charismatic hard rock/heavy metal singers of all time, but also arguably the best heavy metal frontman ever.

Even a great singer would have struggled to fill Bruce's shoes.

Blaze was great on his own songs

We’ll see how this tour will develop but judging by their energy they can make another album thanks to it. New energy, great stage theatrics and reception can mobilize them to do something great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back