Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply put, no Alexander the Great because Harris and Dickinson don't like it, no some other SiT stuff because someone else in the band might think its meh.
It's OK for a bit of fun to post our expectations about ATG on the setlist, but every Maiden fan knows that's never gonna happen. Simply, they won't play songs they've never played live before.
My opinion about ATG is that Harris maybe feels cringe (I think I got the right expression in English) because of the last verse. Paving the way for Christianity and army that wouldn't follow him to India...

Just heard the flight of Icarus. Dear lord these old Maiden tunes!!!!! No matter if you listen to the via a phone video or via a hi-if they give you the chills.

Ehh, he was pretty bad on LAD.

No, he was not pretty bad on LAD. The energy and passion in his singing is incredible on LAD. Those versions of the songs are iconic, for good reason.

Bruce has gotten better as a vocalist over time, but it is ridiculous to say he was ever "bad". That simply is not true, and the band's wild popularity in the 80s testifies to that.

It's OK for a bit of fun to post our expectations about ATG on the setlist, but every Maiden fan knows that's never gonna happen. Simply, they won't play songs they've never played live before.
My opinion about ATG is that Harris maybe feels cringe (I think I got the right expression in English) because of the last verse. Paving the way for Christianity and army that wouldn't follow him to India...

Likely so.

Oh I'm sure they don't want to play ATG (and other SIT songs) now, but back in the day when the album was new I think it was because they weren't satisfied with the live sound.

Generally, ATG is being "overplayed" over the various forums, but there are some other epics that are almost forgotten, like To tame a land. Played only on one tour, although back in the day Harris told that it was the best song he had ever written. Don't know if they had some other problems because of the Dune theme.
Or it was just like Nicko's statements after every record: I think it's the best album we've ever made.

I think the same way, but he probably feels cringy about the whole set of lyrics. It's like a 4th grader's homework about Alexander the Great's life.

I think the same way, but he probably feels cringy about the whole set of lyrics. It's like a 4th grader's homework about Alexander the Great's life.
Please.. The same guy wrote angel and the gambler with 450 repetitive words and was happy enough to play it live a whole tour

Please.. The same guy wrote angel and the gambler with 450 repetitive words and was happy enough to play it live a whole tour
Actually, it was more like 10 words repeated 450 times thoughout the song.
Except X Factor, Harris really seemed like he was stuck in some old school sound during the 90's. He rejected to continue with proggy sound of SSOASS, got back to the roots, even the B sides were some 70's old school bands, like Montrose. Angel had some bluessy or perhaps boogie sounding, he probably thought it could have had the same effect like Drifter when played live.

Where eagles dare solo is shortened a bit, there is no part where Dave goes wild with tremolo, before guitar harmony.

What other songs do they shorten or change live?

I think phantom was shorter in 2005?

Lord of flies with Bruce in 2003 was in a different key and the whoooahh bit was extended.

Angel and the gambler got shorter over the 98 tour. OriginAlly they played the ten minute ridiculous version but it seemed to get down to six by the end

To tame a land. Played only on one tour, although back in the day Harris told that it was the best song he had ever written.

Yeah, it opened the Eastern world to him, starting the Dune-Assassin-Nomad trilogy.
Seriously though, I love To Tame A Land, and I hope I'll live to see an official release from the World Piece Tour featuring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back