Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw...six (six? Vegas, Montreal, London, London, Chicago, Toronto, yeah six) six different shows on this tour in three countries and the only time the crowd wasn't into IESF was Toronto, which was definitely the most boomer audience of them all. Montreal was fucking hot for the band, but that is because it's the best metal city in Canada and the USA. London was good both nights. Chicago was good, Vegas was good.
Perhaps said with some hometown bias on my part, but I've never been to a gig here in Chicago where the crowd was bad.

There is every indication they are doing some sort of senjutsu tour next year. In fact Bruce this week still confirmed playing it in full is still the plan.

Adrian recenly also said they are putting together ideas for the stage set and expects that to go into pre production at some stage this year.

You also have Nicko talking about the songs from the album he wants to play the most (one of them being the parchment)

So unless they do a complete 360 its happening in 2023.

It won't be a 2 year album style tour, most of the general public won't care for such a show to take place so long after the albums release but the band know that which is why they are looking at "smaller venues"

I would say its going to be a brief tour with select cities in europe, UK, North/ South America around 60 shows and done.
Can see them kicking the (SENJUTSU) tour off in Australia to make up for those LOTB shows.

At 4 minutes in you've basically heard all the song has to offer, but it keeps plodding on repeating itself for another 4 minutes.
That's not true. You have Janick's solo, the melodic riff that starts the outro and Adrian's second solo.

Sign of the Cross is an absolute mammoth of a track, and some historical things taken into account, it also serves well as an album opener. But even Maiden wasn't mad enough to open shows with it. It was also noted by even harshest critics as a great Iron Maiden song and only one of the few "worth" from that album. Senjutsu the track did not/does not get the praise SoTC got and still gets. SoTC also has a climax with fast tempos. So on and so forth.
I think Senjutsu is a better concert/album opener than Sign Of The Cross. Yeah, it's a slow song (atypical for a concert opener), but the unique structure (the type of drumming, rotation of low and high singing, the groovy outro etc) and the fact that it has a lot of vocals will help it imo. We'll see how it goes live. The band has decided this to be the first song in the setlist and I have faith in them.
It won't be a 2 year album style tour, most of the general public won't care for such a show to take place so long after the albums release but the band know that which is why they are looking at "smaller venues"

I would say its going to be a brief tour with select cities in europe, UK, North/ South America around 50-60 shows and done.
It's curious if they will do a 2nd leg for the album tour. Maybe they are planning only 1 leg and that's why they have an idea to play the whole album live, dunno. But as you said, this is a strange situation - album released in 2021, tour in 2023 with a possible 2nd leg in 2024. The last album tour to be only 1 year was the one for VXI.

It's also curious what will happen after the album tour... another Hits tour or straight to the next album, for which the band seems enthusiastic.

Maybe they feel that Aces High is too intense for them that early in the set. It's a demanding song for the entire band.

There is every indication they are doing some sort of senjutsu tour next year. In fact Bruce this week still confirmed playing it in full is still the plan.
I'm goin with my gut on this one; I say there will never be a full Senjustu tour!

I hope for this post to be quoted on day 1 of the Senjustu tour.

I travelled to Canada from the UK in 2019 to see Maiden, and the Toronto show (second night) was probably the best I've ever seen them! The Budweiser centre is a great venue.
Do Montreal next time. It's next level. Budweiser Stage is a great venue, though, I agree!
Perhaps said with some hometown bias on my part, but I've never been to a gig here in Chicago where the crowd was bad.
The crowd in 2017 was excellent. And the guitars that night were so good, the best guitar sound I've heard at a Maiden gig.

I think Senjutsu is a better concert/album opener than Sign Of The Cross. Yeah, it's a slow song (atypical for a concert opener), but the unique structure (the type of drumming, rotation of low and high singing, the groovy outro etc) and the fact that it has a lot of vocals will help it imo. We'll see how it goes live. The band has decided this to be the first song in the setlist and I have faith in them.

It's curious if they will do a 2nd leg for the album tour. Maybe they are planning only 1 leg and that's why they have an idea to play the whole album live, dunno. But as you said, this is a strange situation - album released in 2021, tour in 2023 with a possible 2nd leg in 2024. The last album tour to be only 1 year was the one for VXI.

It's also curious what will happen after the album tour... another Hits tour or straight to the next album, for which the band seems enthusiastic.
The Dance of Death tour was also pretty brief, started in Europe October 2003, ended in Japan Feb 2004 only 54 shows, so I can see the Senjutsu tour idea following similar patterns and move onto something else come 2024.

They did an extensive NA tour just before the albums release "Gimme Ed Til Im Dead' then returned for a very brief DOD tour (7 shows) So I can see similar happening with them only doing select cities next year in a much smaller condensed tour

That's what I'm thinking for the proper Senjutsu tour as well. Two-to-three night stands in New York, Chicago (think the Aragon Ballroom rather than one of the arenas), Los Angeles, Toronto/Montreal and maybe two more cities, quick European arena run of the major cities, and kick it off in Australia/Japan.

So, if this year goes as planned and the rest shows of LOTB are all played.
Would it then be safe to think that we get proper album tour for Senjutsu in 2023?

Maybe earlier? The last LOTB date is the 27th of October so they could conceivably begin the Senjutsu tour November/December.

However, they'll probably take a break for rehearsals etc and begin Senjutsu touring early 2023.

The Dance of Death tour was also pretty brief, started in Europe October 2003, ended in Japan Feb 2004 only 54 shows, so I can see the Senjutsu tour idea following similar patterns and move onto something else come 2024.

They did an extensive NA tour just before the albums release "Gimme Ed Til Im Dead' then returned for a very brief DOD tour (7 shows) So I can see similar happening with them only doing select cities next year in a much smaller condensed tour
I think the album tour will be 4-6 months in 2023 - visiting Europe, NA and maybe SA, Asia and Oceania (when they played the whole AMOLAD album in 2006, the tour was 3 months and they only visited Europe, some shows in NA and a few shows in Asia, so if they play the whole album again, the scenario could be the same). Your suggestion is also possible, given the two years of waiting for it, the talk for ''smaller venues'', LOTB 2022 acts like GME tour and since both DOD/AMOLAD tours were only 4 months and that is really short for a 2-year tours.

I still think a 2nd leg is not out of the picture. The album is a great success and if they mix the setlist with old classics for it the fans will be quite interested... if they played the whole album before during the 1st leg, ofc. Also, if they plan to record a new album in 2024, they can do a short 2nd leg (3-4 months), then to write the next album by the end of the year and release it in 2025 with a tour in the same year. It's not so impossible.

Do Montreal next time. It's next level. Budweiser Stage is a great venue, though, I agree!

The crowd in 2017 was excellent. And the guitars that night were so good, the best guitar sound I've heard at a Maiden gig.
I did Montreal and QC on that leg as well! Both fantastic shows but Toronto was the best for me.

This is absolutely what will happen. 50-60 dates around the world, Senjutsu in full, fans getting upset because of that, back to the bunker.

When they play Scotland, the line to get to the bar when they start playing Darkest Hour will be a mile long. :lol:
same in Ireland you reckon? :lol: I know they haven't played Trooper there on a few occasions. I don't think that's so much of an issue anymore because they have flags for each country they play in now. If memory serves they did play it when I saw them in Belfast in 2018.

same in Ireland you reckon? :lol: I know they haven't played Trooper there on a few occasions. I don't think that's so much of an issue anymore because they have flags for each country they play in now. If memory serves they did play it when I saw them in Belfast in 2018.
They surely did. He used the union flag I think whereas Scotland got the Scottish flag. Am I remembering that right?

I feel If Eternity Should Fail worked really well as an opener and that one's not really a fast song (save for the instrumental bridge, I guess.) The theatrics of the intro/outro worked as well. I fully see the same sort of theatrical bits happening with Senjutsu.
IESF is a much better song, imo. Intro is mystic and epic. Anticipation is building. Senjutsu is much more flat in that aspect. Also, Eternity has fast section. Senjutsu loses on all fronts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back