Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember 100% what flag was used, but if it was anything other than the Union Jack I would definitely remember, so it's safe to say it was.
same in Ireland you reckon? :lol: I know they haven't played Trooper there on a few occasions. I don't think that's so much of an issue anymore because they have flags for each country they play in now. If memory serves they did play it when I saw them in Belfast in 2018.

If it's anything like the line to the bar in the Odyssey in 2018 then Darkest Hour will be no different to other time of the night* :lol:

* this is not a pop at Maiden or Darkest Hour, but the ridiculous queues in the Odyssey

I don't remember 100% what flag was used, but if it was anything other than the Union Jack I would definitely remember, so it's safe to say it was.

If it's anything like the line to the bar in the Odyssey in 2018 then Darkest Hour will be no different to other time of the night* :lol:

* this is not a pop at Maiden or Darkest Hour, but the ridiculous queues in the Odyssey
Go upstairs, queues are usually much smaller. Same for toilets. Upstairs and down the far end, toliets virtually empty while others are bunged :edmetal:

Maybe earlier? The last LOTB date is the 27th of October so they could conceivably begin the Senjutsu tour November/December.

However, they'll probably take a break for rehearsals etc and begin Senjutsu touring early 2023.

I have heard rumours from reliable sources about a UK tour later in the year, but do not know whether it would be LOTB or Senjutsu.

I think the vocal renditions of the Senjutsu songs will be interesting. There's a lot of vocal harmonies on this album that Bruce does, way more than on any other I think. I know Adrian does backing vocals live but I feel they sound more tokenistic than really enhance the song. Whereas the ones Bruce does on the album really add to the vocal. Just hope they can recreate that feel when playing these songs live

I suspect if it's multi-dates then that might suit the rumoured smaller venues of a Senjutsu tour.

I suspect if it's multi-dates then that might suit the rumoured smaller venues of a Senjutsu tour.

Apparently it would be the usual run of arenas in the UK. It could well be LOTB with Senjutsu bits added to it as they are only playing Download on their (supposed) home turf this year.

If it is a Senjutsu tour I do not think I would bother taking my offspring to the show. If it is a LOTB one that could change, although she seems to enjoy other bands much more than Maiden.

Last edited:
I doubt it's LOTB.
The stage set for the album tour is probably ready, but I think they will take a break after touring for 5 months this year and start the album tour early next year. Maybe more dates for LOTB 2022 are on the way... the tour has only one UK date.

I think the vocal renditions of the Senjutsu songs will be interesting. There's a lot of vocal harmonies on this album that Bruce does, way more than on any other I think. I know Adrian does backing vocals live but I feel they sound more tokenistic than really enhance the song. Whereas the ones Bruce does on the album really add to the vocal. Just hope they can recreate that feel when playing these songs live
Yeah, there's a lot of vocal harmonies on this album. They are really needed for Stratego, Senjutsu, The Time Machine and some parts in The Parchment and Hell On Earth. Adrian will do them great and Steve will help too. FOI was without backing vocals (for the first time, I think) during the LOTB tour and it sounded good.

Well this sucks for me, I will be on vessel until August. I was hoping to catch some Euro dates but...

Yeah, there's a lot of vocal harmonies on this album. They are really needed for Stratego, Senjutsu, The Time Machine and some parts in The Parchment and Hell On Earth. Adrian will do them great and Steve will help too. FOI was without backing vocals (for the first time, I think) during the LOTB tour and it sounded good.
Very true. Adrains a good singer i just feel hes not great when playing guitar too. As for Steve, he might shout if thats helping lol. We'll see, Maiden havent let us down yet on stage.

If they did a smaller shorter tour to do Senjutsu in full it would be cool if they dug out some deep cuts seen as they know its the less casual fans.

It won't happen of course. We'll just get NOTB, IM, Trooper, HBTN as usual, and a surprise appearance of that rare, deep cut WRATHCHILD!

If they did a smaller shorter tour to do Senjutsu in full it would be cool if they dug out some deep cuts seen as they know its the less casual fans.

It won't happen of course. We'll just get NOTB, IM, Trooper, HBTN as usual, and a surprise appearance of that rare, deep cut WRATHCHILD!
It would be cool, but I can't see the classics being dropped for a whole setlist ever. I think they will proceed like for AMOLAD tour - the whole album plus 5-6 classics and thus they will please both types of fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back