Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange thst people think Aces High will suffer by not being first. If anything I think Senjutsu/Stratego/WOTW (all sung in a lower register for the most part) will give Bruce a good chance to warm his voice up before having to belt for the higher notes in Aces High.

I do think it's going to be an awfully slow start to the show though.

Bruce once again suggesting they will open the Legacy set with Senjutsu, Writing on The Wall, Stratego .

" But the first three tracks are probably gonna be the first three tracks on the [‘Senjutsu’] album. ‘The Writing On The Wall’ they already know, so everybody should know the first three tracks. And I just think [the] ‘Senjutsu’ [title track] is just such a great opening song — so dramatic. And then once you’ve done that — and we’ll have a stage set to go with it — once you’ve done that, you’re back to the kind of ‘Legacy’ world at that point."

https://www.loadedradio.com/bruce-d...r-where-they-will-play-entire-senjutsu-album/
At least Stratego in there in Slot #2 will kick things up a notch. Senjutsu into TWOTW didn't sound appealing to me. Going straight into the war set with Aces High after the Senjutsu set will work well as Bruce's voice won't be shredded for the night by that point.

It would make no sense what so ever having Aces in the encore, I 100% expect it as song 4 as the stage changes to the "war world"

I've got no problem with them opening with Senjutsu, Stratego and TWOTW. A slow, heavy burner to wake the crowd up, a galloping rocker to get the blood flowing and then a singalong fist pumper.

Then bang! Aces High and now the place erupts.

I think that the opening track should be a fast-paced song (e.g. Aces High, Moonchild, The Wicker Man, Be Quick or Be Dead, Different World...) to capture the massive explosion of excitement that comes when the band hits the stage. The Final Frontier was quite dull back in 2011 and I fear Sentjutsu would suffer the same fate.

Yeah. I think I would enjoy Senjutsu as an album a bit more too if it opened with Days of Future Past or Stratego instead. I can't think of many albums where the opener is my least favorite song, but Senjutsu is one of them.

I think that the opening track should be a fast-paced song (e.g. Aces High, Moonchild, The Wicker Man, Be Quick or Be Dead, Different World...) to capture the massive explosion of excitement that comes when the band hits the stage. The Final Frontier was quite dull back in 2011 and I fear Sentjutsu would suffer the same fate.

Don't forget Hell on Earth. Not the fastest ever but it would be a hell of an opener.

Picture this. Slow intro of Hell on Earth pre-recorded starts playing on the PA, lights are off. Dark.
Crowd are doing oooh -oooh and Maiden are not at stage. Only Nicko is behind the drums but can't be seen by the most.
Time pass like centuries, strong heartbeats for some, others in a state of euphoria already.

The ooooh ooooh intensifies.
2 minutes and 10 seconds in already.. 2:13, 2:14, 2.15...

Lights on, smoke and Maiden go on the scene!
CROWDS GO CRAZY

Some shows (from different artists/band) have now been totally cancelled here in Finland.
I think we can expect update on the matter whether or not these shows are going to be alive.
Anyways, still there's a possibility of the tour happening, but anything is possible.
It's been long years since last saw Iron Maiden live (in 2018) so..Im praying and hoping to see the guys this year.

I strongly agree with Ghost of Cain. The slow burn you guys are talking about works really well in an album setting, but I’ve seen that sort of thing go really poorly in a live format. With the type of live show Maiden puts on, it’s hard to imagine that working. A 2 or 3 minute mood piece over the PA? Absolutely. But 8 minutes of the song Senjutsu is going to be really taxing for the audience. Also the way it ramps up briefly to Stratego only to immediately come back down for WOTW seems like a rocky way to start a concert. Opening with one of those three songs and immediately going into Aces High could work, but all three seems like a lot.

Idk. I’m happy to be proven wrong here and am excited for the show either way, but I do think they’re at risk of doing their new songs a disservice by front loading the concert with them. It’ll end up having a “false start” effect where people see the fourth song as the actual beginning to the show.

I will definitely agree and enjoy to hear the full album live in the concert setting.
Senjutsu was the best album of last year and it was pleasant masterpiece in full, no wasted moments or dull songs.
It was great with AMOLAD and it was bold but very wise decision to do then, I enjoyed that show really much.
If the will go and add 3 songs to LOTB 3rd leg, that's fine for me, and then will have to wait for the actual tour to support Senjutsu.

Idk. I’m happy to be proven wrong here and am excited for the show either way, but I do think they’re at risk of doing their new songs a disservice by front loading the concert with them. It’ll end up having a “false start” effect where people see the fourth song as the actual beginning to the show.

They usually open with a few new tracks and then a big crowd pleaser. Usually 2 new tracks but BNW tour had 3.

Well sure, I’m not saying three new songs is a problem, it depends what those songs are. The 1 2 punch of If Eternity Should Fail and Speed of Light worked really well imo. As did the first three songs of BNW. But those songs had a lot of energy that imo the first three on Senjutsu largely lack. Even back in the 90s they knew better than to open with Sign of the Cross. It would be a similar situation here.

I agree to some extent, they definitely don't need to open with them, as you could put that 3 anywhere in the set. It depends how visually spectacular Senjutsu is for opening. If you get a few roadies up on the risers in cloaks beating drums a bit like when Megadeth did Reckoning Day, and have some other shit going on, maybe a bit of The Wall at the end of it with the stage getting smashed up, it could be brilliant, but again that could work anywhere in the set, it doesn't need to be the opener.

They could open with Stratego? Then go into TWOTW and then Senjutsu before ripping into Aces. I think that would flow quite well.

Doubt they would be booked for festivals with that set.
I am not talking about a Senjutsu tour, but about this years Legacy tour. Bruce has talked about opening that set with Senjutsu, and they are headlining several festivals this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back