Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see them fitting all of the big three into the set, but from what they've said in interviews, I'm really only expecting two new songs in the LOTB set. The way I see it, Stratego could replace WED as a demanding song for Nicko that has to be early in the set, Senjutsu could replace The Clansman as an anthemic almost-war epic (fits pretty well lengthwise too) and TWOTW is probably really obviously going to replace FTGGOG.

They are committed to legacy for Europe and i expect the set to be 99% the same with TWOTW and Stratego probably being the only songs added.

However when announcing a new set of dates for a North/ South American tour they can market that however they please this is when i can see 5 songs from the album being added. It makes no sense to bring legacy back to those territories when they don't have too so I'll almost guarantee we get half the album on those dates.

Then 2023 they could use that as select dates to play the album in full if that's what they wanted before moving onto something else.

Remember they didn't do a FF tour in the USA this could be no different no senjutsu tour for America but a set that combines the best of legacy with 5 from senjutsu

Last edited:
IMHO, "Where Eagles Dare" will be replaced by "Senjutsu" in the war part of the show, because of the same kind of intro. And "The Evil That Men Do" and "Hallowed Be Thy Name" by "Hell On Earth" in the hell part of the concert. And maybe "The Writing On The Wall" in the religion part instead of "The Wicker Man"...

IMHO, "Where Eagles Dare" will be replaced by "Senjutsu" in the war part of the show, because of the same kind of intro. And "The Evil That Men Do" and "Hallowed Be Thy Name" by "Hell On Earth" in the hell part of the concert. And maybe "The Writing On The Wall" in the religion part instead of "The Wicker Man"...

I can see Senjutsu coming in right after Aces for sure. Tho Bruce has talked about having it as an opener so I can see that being the case for the Americas

They changed the production from Give Me Ed to DOD tour with a break of almost 2 months in-between (the production is way bigger this time though).
There is one month between the last show of LOTB (Europe) and Rock in Rio. They would have start rehearsals straight after LOTB if the Rio show is part of the Senjutsu tour.

However when announcing a new set of dates for a North/ South American tour they can market that however they please this is when i can see 5 songs from the album being added. It makes no sense to bring legacy back to those territories when they don't have too so I'll almost guarantee we get half the album on those dates.
I get your point, but I think that only 2/3 songs will be played (especially if they play the whole album live in 2023) - TWOTW, Stratego and maybe another one... Can't wait to see all the backdrops for the new songs.
Tho Bruce has talked about having it as an opener so I can see that being the case for the Americas
This was about the album tour, I think. There is no way they will replace Aces High (with the Spitfire) as an opener.
There is one month between the last show of LOTB (Europe) and Rock in Rio. They would have start rehearsals straight after LOTB if the Rio show is part of the Senjutsu tour.
Good call. The schedule is tight, but they have plenty of time now to rehearse the new songs and I'm sure they already started making the stage design for the album tour. I find it strange that they want to return to Rock In Rio with the LOTB set again.

That is what, sadly, probably makes the Rio and subsequent shows part of the LOTB tour.

I think they just planned to recreate Oceanian and Asian Leg (maybe with some additions) through end of April and mostly in May 2022, Europen tout with some dates in Greece, Hungary, Croatia and maybe Russia to be announced in the beggining of next year. In August band probably is going to do the rehearsals with the brand new stage production for Senjutsu Tour 2022/23. I think since the Rock in Rio they will start new tour covering Soth and Latin America, next some dates in North America all 'til the end of October. Next year (2023) Iron Maiden do an UK/European tour in the arenas (March - May). Probably they have planned everything as that, but once again - everything depends on pandemic situation out in the today's world as we know.

A Small Recap (just premonition):

LEGACY OF THE BEAST TOUR III 2022: 38 Shows
March: The rehearsals before the tour
April - May: Oceania/Asia (14 shows)
June - July: Europe (24 shows)

SENJUTSU WORLD TOUR 2022/2023: 56 shows
August: The rehearsals before album tour
September - October: Americas Tour (26 shows)
March - May: UK/Europe (30 shows)

So here we are - 64 shows to play during seven months of 2022, sounds believable imho.

1. Aces High. That one is staying, no doubt
2. Where Eagles Dare. Might go, Senjutsu or Stratego makes sense here if it goes.
3. 2 Minutes. Will stay, but I wouldent mind if it went away.
4. Clansman. Its staying. Its the freedom song. And It needs to stay imo
5. Trooper. Staying. But Stratego here instead would be nice
6. Revelations. Its staying
7. Greater Good of God. I could see it go, and have Writing here. But the band has sad Greater Good is alot of fun playing...
8. Wicker Man. Could go instead of Greater Good. One of them will go, and Writing will replace
9. Sign of the Cross. Its staying
10. Flight of Icarus is staying
11. Fear is staying
12. Maiden os staying
13. The Evil is probably styaing. But would be cool to have Hell on Earth here
14. Hallowed is staying
15. Run to the Hills is staying

Thats my view.

I think they just planned to recreate Oceanian and Asian Leg (maybe with some additions) through end of April and mostly in May 2022, Europen tout with some dates in Greece, Hungary, Croatia and maybe Russia to be announced in the beggining of next year. In August band probably is going to do the rehearsals with the brand new stage production for Senjutsu Tour 2022/23. I think since the Rock in Rio they will start new tour covering Soth and Latin America, next some dates in North America all 'til the end of October. Next year (2023) Iron Maiden do an UK/European tour in the arenas (March - May). Probably they have planned everything as that, but once again - everything depends on pandemic situation out in the today's world as we know.

A Small Recap (just premonition):

LEGACY OF THE BEAST TOUR III 2022: 38 Shows
March: The rehearsals before the tour
April - May: Oceania/Asia (14 shows)
June - July: Europe (24 shows)

SENJUTSU WORLD TOUR 2022/2023: 56 shows
August: The rehearsals before album tour
September - October: Americas Tour (26 shows)
March - May: UK/Europe (30 shows)

So here we are - 64 shows to play during seven months of 2022, sounds believable imho.
And in 2024, a new album... As Bruce said recently in an interview, the band has considered to book another studio to record the 18th album in 2020/2021, but has quickly changed its mind. It means that the band has already written/composed material for another album, the 18th one, or, at least, has some ideas for it. :)

I find it very difficult to believe that at their age they'll work so hard. I think their career so far, especially in the last few years clearly states they are not exactly workaholics. I am really hoping I'll be proved wrong, but I expect something a bit more relaxed than 8 months packed with shows and rehearsals.

I find it very difficult to believe that at their age they'll work so hard. I think their career so far, especially in the last few years clearly states they are not exactly workaholics. I am really hoping I'll be proved wrong, but I expect something a bit more relaxed than 8 months packed with shows and rehearsals.
Thing is, touring is where the money is and what they absolutely love to do above everything else. They've missed out on two whole years of touring due to the pandemic. They probably have to do some catching up just for the sake of the band's finances being thrown out of whack due to a lack of continuous touring income, same as when they went on a massive world tour for TBOS in 2016 due to missing out on 2015. It might end up being a little overambitious, but I do think there's a real desire to tour as much as they can as soon as possible in the band.

Given the short gap between the last European show and Rock in Rio I doubt they will rehearse a completely new production. My fear is that the whole touring for 2022 will be LOTB with a couple of tunes from Senjutsu replacing some of the oldies, and that's it.

Sure, I can see your point of view. All I am saying is that there comes a time when money stop being the driving force behind decisions, especially when you have so much as Maiden do, plus the mind might be willing, but the body? I honestly wish I am wrong though and Maiden spread the music and the love to as many places as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back