Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a message posted by someone at the official Fan Club forum regarding Maiden’s touring plans for 2022.
The won't stop between March and October 2022 - 8 months for the 3rd (final) leg of LOTB tour? This tour is getting longer and longer...

It seems they will start the tour for Senjutsu in 2023 (with 2nd leg in 2024).

I'm not a fan of adding 3 (or more songs) from the new album into the LOTB production, but if the tour for the new album won't start next year, I can see why they want to add more new songs.

They would probably replace some of the songs from the original LOTB setlist with others from Senjutsu. I cannot see Maiden playing a longer set.
Agree.

Maybe they add more dates becasue they want to record some of the shows for a future video release from the tour (this was their original plan for the 3rd leg of this tour) - it would be strange to release a video from this tour with songs from the new album though.

I think they will replace "Where Eagles Dare" by "Senjutsu" and will also play "Hell On Earth" instead of "The Evil That Men Do" and "Hallowed Be Thy Name"...

They did basically the same thing in 1999, performing three Blaze era tracks on the Ed Hunter tour that most of the audience had not even heard (at least this was the case for the U.S and Canada), and it worked quite well? Some people propably even thought they were songs from an upcoming album.

Shouldn't be a problem this time either.

Maybe they add more dates becasue they want to record some of the shows for a future video release from the tour (this was their original plan for the 3rd leg of this tour) - it would be strange to release a video from this tour with songs from the new album though.

I doubt that a potential concert video plans have anything to do with these speculated additional dates.

Besides, was this "plan to film shows" actually confirmed anywhere? I remember some mentions about the possibility of filming some shows during LOTB part III and speculation of Barcelona being the potential show for that purpose, but was there actually any more or less official hints or straightforward sources for this rumour?

Just asking, as I seriously might have missed something or just can't remember...

Pretty poor if they only play the odd Senjutsu song and that passes for the Senjutsu tour.

Also, if it's a case of 6 songs off Senjutsu replacing six off LOTB I wouldn't be too happy either.

My preference is, clear the outstanding LOTB dates and then ditch it. Senjutsu, as every other Maiden album, deserves it's own showcase tour, not the be LOTB continued.

Pretty poor if they only play the odd Senjutsu song and that passes for the Senjutsu tour.

Also, if it's a case of 6 songs off Senjutsu replacing six off LOTB I wouldn't be too happy either.

My preference is, clear the outstanding LOTB dates and then ditch it. Senjutsu, as every other Maiden album, deserves it's own showcase tour, not the be LOTB continued.

I wholeheartedly agree. Otherwise, Maiden risk turning into the cabaret band they have always claimed not to be.

The won't stop between March and October 2022 - 8 months for the 3rd (final) leg of LOTB tour? This tour is getting longer and longer...

It seems they will start the tour for Senjutsu in 2023 (with 2nd leg in 2024).

I'm not a fan of adding 3 (or more songs) from the new album into the LOTB production, but if the tour for the new album won't start next year, I can see why they want to add more new songs.
If they want to play LotB since next March we could expect recreating Oceania and Asia dates as Bruce mentioned after cancellation of 2020 tour. And Iron Maiden may add some South and North American shows to recap LotB Tour in October 2022. So I believe Maiden may play even 65 - 70 shows between March and October 2022.

They did basically the same thing in 1999, performing three Blaze era tracks on the Ed Hunter tour that most of the audience had not even heard (at least this was the case for the U.S and Canada), and it worked quite well? Some people propably even thought they were songs from an upcoming album.

The 3 Blaze songs went down quite well at the (European) show I went to back in 1999.

On the other hand, if I remember correctly, Nicko wrote in 2000 (he did some diaries for the official website back then) that The Clansman and Sign of the Cross went down like a fart in a two man submarine on the USA dates of the Brave New World tour.

If they want to play LotB since next March we could expect recreating Oceania and Asia dates as Bruce mentioned after cancellation of 2020 tour. And Iron Maiden may add some South and North American shows to recap LotB Tour in October 2022. So I believe Maiden may play even 65 - 70 shows between March and October 2022.

And all of them will be a flop, that's for sure.

Exactly. 2 years have passed and the world has moved on.

^ This... on a 100%.
Most probably. If this leg indeed will be 8 months, then it will be the longest leg of a tour since TBOS tour (1st leg in 2016) and if we have to go even further back, since VXI tour (the whole tour was 9 months).

Well Maiden is in a predicament, they have to honor those LOTB tour dates. But an 8 month stretch? That’s crazy for any tour and seems outside what the band typically goes for. If they’re going to tour 8 months straight, seems like it would make more sense to cap LOTB at the end of the summer and then do a couple months of small scale Senjutsu touring like Bruce hinted at.

Well Maiden is in a predicament, they have to honor those LOTB tour dates. But an 8 month stretch? That’s crazy for any tour and seems outside what the band typically goes for. If they’re going to tour 8 months straight, seems like it would make more sense to cap LOTB at the end of the summer and then do a couple months of small scale Senjutsu touring like Bruce hinted at.

My fear if this is true, then the reason they are doing 8 months next year is to catch up for lost time during covid and draw a line under than sand for Senjutsu, before moving onto the next album (or nostalgia tour) for 2023.

I would be all for this scenario actually if there was no LOTB involved. But a tiny Senjutsu tour from August to October, no I'm not having that.

Well at this point I am not sure if there will be a Senjutsu tour. Most people are going to forget the album exists by 23.

I am certain there will be a Senjutsu tour. They have even talked about playing the full album. That might not be until 2023. We know they will do LOTB next summer in Europe. If they are gonna change the production for South America they will have very little time for rehearsals, so maybe all of 2022 will be LOTB.

I just want to see Maiden again. I don't care what they play.

My fear if this is true, then the reason they are doing 8 months next year is to catch up for lost time during covid and draw a line under than sand for Senjutsu, before moving onto the next album (or nostalgia tour) for 2023.

I would be all for this scenario actually if there was no LOTB involved. But a tiny Senjutsu tour from August to October, no I'm not having that.
Small scale tour or not, I think there will be a proper tour for Senjutsu, but it seems odd to release the album in 2021 and tour for it in 2023/2024 - Nicko or Bruce said in an interview that there will be a tour for the new album for sure (''playing the album in full live''), IIRC.

As you said, maybe they want to catch up for the lost time of 2 years without touring with these 8 months. I thought they will finish the 2 months of LOTB next year and start the new album tour right after that in September (with a 2nd 4-month leg in 2023, for example) - then until the end of the year they could start writing the next album or preparing for the next Hits tour (for 2024/2025). It seems all of 2022 will be for LOTB.

Senjutsu deserves its own proper tour, without any doubt... (but not a short tour, in terms of dates).

If they are gonna change the production for South America they will have very little time for rehearsals, so maybe all of 2022 will be LOTB.
They changed the production from Give Me Ed to DOD tour with a break of almost 2 months in-between (the production is way bigger this time though).

I thought they want to finish the LOTB tour asap, since the album is already released... we all want to see Maiden live again (with whatever songs), but it would be weird to play the new songs live after 2 years. All of 2022 for the final leg of LOTB is too much imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back