LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but this is really a non-argument. Without getting into whether the songs you mentioned really are weak (I agree with some, disagree with others), you could say the same thing about virtually any other songwriting member of the band.
On its own, sure. Feel free to look at fuller details here.

I'm sure this makes sense to you.
There’s a link on “here” that covers all of my ratings of Maiden’s studio catalog, including aggregate ratings by lineup, which would answer any questions you might hope to have about my views on songs written by Janick or anyone else in the band. So yes, it does make sense to me, and it should to anyone else, whether they agree with my conclusions or not.

I'm not particularly interested in your views on songs written by anyone, and I kind of fail to see why this is the only takeaway you've had from my post.

I really have to agree. I was right in front of Dave at the Chicago show and thus, his guitar was loudest. His rhythm was pretty sloppy (missing the timing at a few moments) and his solos were incredibly hit or miss - sometimes great, other times completely phoned in.
Dave has been the weak link for several years, but this year it's gotten really obvious.

Dave has been the weak link for several years, but this year it's gotten really obvious.

This is so true. Dave has been really sloppy for ages now. Some people wonder if he even plays the guitar between Maiden tours!

I would say that Janick gets a lot of flak, but I think he is a better songwriter and more consistent live player than Dave.

I'm not particularly interested in your views on songs written by anyone, and I kind of fail to see why this is the only takeaway you've had from my post.
You challenged my comments as being a non-argument, because I only summarized the high and low points, which could be applied to anyone. I agreed with your point and provided a link to the full set of information that would back up what I said.

If you have no interest in my point of view, then it’s curious why you would feel the need to criticize it in the first place, much less offer a series of nonsensical, dismissive responses after I provided the information that you claimed I lacked.

I agreed with your point and provided a link to the full set of information that would back up what I said.

Your post "on its own, sure" read rather ambiguously to me. The link you posted to was rather meaningless to me, because it didn't break down to the songwriting aspect, which I thought was what we were talking about. So no, I didn't get what you meant or see where you agreed with me (I do see it now, for the record), and I'm still not sure why you think what you gave me was a "full set of information". It's a full set of information on your album rankings, but was that what we were talking about?

If you have no interest in my point of view, then it’s curious why you would feel the need to criticize it in the first place, much less offer a series of nonsensical, dismissive responses after I provided the information that you claimed I lacked.

Admittedly, that post was rather antagonistic, because I really didn't understand your previous post.

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: I am interested in your point of view on Janick, hence why I talked about it in the first place. What I meant to say was that I am not particularly interested in individual song ratings for their own purpose, or who thinks what song is better than which.

Last edited:
This is so true. Dave has been really sloppy for ages now. Some people wonder if he even plays the guitar between Maiden tours!

I would say that Janick gets a lot of flak, but I think he is a better songwriter and more consistent live player than Dave.

Yup. Dave has been sloppy since TFF tour (which is 9 years ago... my H...). I haven't heard him play a version of TNOTB solo that was incredible since SBIT, actually.

Another thing that indicates Dave's slopiness is the amount of gain he uses. Lately, H and Jan have been using alot less gain than Dave whose amps are absolutely dimed. Colin played a bit of Rush's A Passage To Bangkok in Toronto before 2nd night and I noticed that that there is so much gain that you could maybe swim in that sound, because of pure density of it.

Gain and delays are usually used to cover some sloppines.

I don't care how many solos he fucks up on stage, if he keeps writing songs like The Book of Souls and Dance of Death, he can stay.
Pretty much where I'm at. Don't really care for him as a guitar player (lead or rhythm) unless he's on the acoustic or doing some nice clean work, but his songs are regularly highlights on the albums.

At the Bristow show the first half of the Clansman solo wasn’t too great but he managed to pull the second one up a lot, imo. Little things like that are worth it for me. And again, the new fans flock to him immediately. If he can pull in people to Maiden like that then that’s awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back