LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alexander the Great" would work perfectly as an opener...
happy0166.gif

I'm not sure that it would in all honesty. I think the intro is just slightly too sluggish to build up enough atmosphere although the status of the song might just swing it

The quiet intro on tape and then they come run out when the fast part begins.

Edit: Diesel beat me to it.

I will state publicly that I am the only one on the forum that is okay with seeing FTGGOG dropped for HCW.
I'd be OK with that. I've never seen Iron Maiden play 'Heaven Can Wait' so it would be something new, but let's be realistic here. 'For the Greater Good of God' is the centrepiece of the show. It wont be dropped. There will be no setlist changes. I know it. Kalata knows it. Everybody knows it.

That intro would work perfectly as the build-up before the band erupts onto the stage. FUCKING yes.
I'm imagining the main part to be a little slower and a bit heavier since that's sort of been the trend for returning songs recently (Sign of the Cross, Flight of Icarus, FTGGOG, etc.) and I'll admit that while I have no interest or desire to see that song played, I think it would sound absolutely fantastic with the band's current, tempo-conscious approach.

I will be upset if, after all, we don't have a live, high-quality production of FTGGOG. You miss the fact that many songs ended up being classics because they were included in the concert albums. Not the other way around.

If SotC was not included in the rock in rio, it would not be the classic it is today.

As to the comparison between HCW and FTGGOG, I like both of them. But we already have the live version of HCW in our archives.

Is there any suggestion that there will be a live album?

I'm not eager for it. The show is great, but that's in large part because of the stage production and the unusual setlist combination. Both work if you're there, but judging from experience, they will not come across the same way on a recording. Suppose there would be a video, the atmosphere would be impossible to transmit, especially with Maiden's favouring of quick camera cuts. I think that more than any they've done before, this show was made for a grand stage watched from a bit of a distance, and camera closeups wouldn't do it any justice. If you take that out of the equation, you're left with a collection of songs that have almost all been released on a live album with this lineup before, save Eagles, FTGGOG and Icarus, and there are numerous soundboard recordings of the former two.

Is there any suggestion that there will be a live album?
The band hasn't said anything thus far, but we've reached a point in their career where live albums are inevitable. They even already posted a video of "Run to the Hills" from last year, like they did with "Wasted Years" during the Book of Souls World Tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back