LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost has become one of my favorite bands since seeing them open for Maiden in 2017.

I'd heard a couple of their songs casually in the years prior (Cirice, Year Zero), but never really paid them any mind. But seeing them live three times in 2017 cemented my love for them.

Tobias has great showmanship, and their stage presence is very similar to Maiden's; heavy theatrical. If you're a fan of Maiden, Alice Cooper, or any of those other heavy/shock theatrical bands, I don't know what's not to like about Ghost.

Saw two of their shows this summer. What amazed me most were all the people I saw at their concerts that wore Iron Maiden 2017 shirts. Maiden did them a great service letting them open for them, and same for Metallica next summer. Their fanbase has grown tremendously over the past 2 years or so, compared to a rather rocky start in 2011 and their 2015-16 lineup changes.

I understand they may not be for everybody, but you can't deny they are up and coming and I give them one or two more albums before they start doing their own full arena tours.

Last edited:
Since we're talking bands, Volbeat were pretty amazing this summer at Rockwave. I could definitely see them headlining shows in a few years' time.

Mustasch would be a great opener for Maiden! They have few catchy songs and they play loud as hell!! Always giving 110% every gig no matter where they play.

I have mixed feelings on Ghost. When they opened for Maiden in 2016 I think they did an enjoyable set, and their style seemed like a good fit. Afterwards I tried listening to one of their albums, and was bored out of my mind by the third song... I guess they're a band meant to be experienced in a live setting :p
As to whether they are (or are destined to become) one of the best rock/metal bands in modern times, well, they are definitely not my top pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back