Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any interviews with IM band members in the latest IMFC magazine, because in the last one before TBOS tour Nicko couldn't keep his moith shut and spoke about WY and TOAC, which were both played.

:D
The last IMFC mag we got was around Christmas, so they're probably waiting to mail out the next one until after the tour starts.

Being spoiler free for two more months will be tough and I'm really rethinking my decision. I'm going to have to logoff from my Youtube, which is basically the only medium I consume.

The last IMFC mag we got was around Christmas, so they're probably waiting to mail out the next one until after the tour starts.

Ahh. I thought I might have missed a mag/not received it....It's been quiet time for Maiden so it makes sense there haven't been much news. Still...almost 6 months since the last mag :nonono:

Being spoiler free for two more months will be tough and I'm really rethinking my decision. I'm going to have to logoff from my Youtube, which is basically the only medium I consume.

There is a solution for this. Incognito mode and search for only what you want.

If I’m gonna tell some random dude if H is staying in my hotel or not, I’m asking for a twenty. Minimum.

We already knew they were there coz a guy we know, who lives locally, told us some of the band were at the hotel. We just didn't know exactly which members of the band it was.
When I was speaking to Janick he actually asked me if we were guests in the hotel.
I think because of the isolated nature of the place the staff maybe thought we were supposed to be there for some reason. We fitted in quite well.
The whole thing was quite surreal though.

If Bruce did say that there will be social media meltdown after first gig that must mean something special is in store? They can't play just the usual fodder and also don't think FOI alone is melt down material? Keeping everything crossed.!

If Bruce did say that there will be social media meltdown after first gig that must mean something special is in store? They can't play just the usual fodder and also don't think FOI alone is melt down material? Keeping everything crossed.!

Think of it the way. Which Maiden song is going to cause the most hype if they play it?
I think we all know what the answer is.

Think of it the way. Which Maiden song is going to cause the most hype if they play it?
I think we all know what the answer is.

We all do.

The fact that Blaze got there first and decided to play it with his band this year really diminishes the hype amongst hardcore fans a little bit, which is kinda shame, but I suppose many other fans aren't even aware about Blaze's setlists anyway. There are many fans now who weren't even born when this song was released! I bet Bruce will mention that too, sounds like something he usually comes up with when introducing such classic songs.

I think we all know which epic masterpiece, written all-alone by mr Steve Harris himself, I'm talking about.

Only one question remains:

Do you (we) feel lucky, or do you (we) feel scared?

Last edited:
People don't seem to quite get Maiden. For them, mixing up the setlist often means bringing back Run to the Hills, Wrathchild, 2 Minutes to Midnight etc if the songs have been absent for one tour. So when Bruce talks about social media madness, it means something they haven't done in a long time. But it doesn't have to be a song they haven't done live. It doesn't have to be a song most fans would want (like Alexander the Great), it could just be Flight of Icarus. Or maybe even Where Eagles Dare.

I'm still torn on spoilers, personally. On one hand, spoiling myself literally two days before the gig seems... well, pretty goddamn stupid. But on the other hand, being prepared and knowing not to expect the impossible is far easier when you know what the set will be. This is a tough one.

First time I saw Maiden, it was the first date of the tour so I didn't know what they are gonna play and I remember being pretty happy until they played Sanctuary as the last song while I wanted Running Free. That kinda bummed me out. So I check setlists before shows every time, to keep my expectations in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back