Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's weird. From what I've known, what Steve doesn't like is the studio version, and solely he thinks it's too slow.

That's weird. From what I've known, what Steve doesn't like is the studio version, and solely he thinks it's too slow.

it was never distinguished I believe on which he liked or disliked. Don't recall any discussion on the live version. It's a slower paced song like SIASL but vocally may be too much for Bruce.

Based on their set list choices over the years, I think we like more Maiden songs than Steve does.

I think we're aware of more Maiden songs than Steve is....Steve writes songs then moves on because he's an artist, he doesn't need to dwell in old stuff. Fans do that...so they remember all those old songs that never were played live and that the band hasn't given second thought since the year they were released :p Steve probably forgot half of the songs we're discussing in this thread.

Surely he must be aware of fans interest and passion for certain songs? Even in a relatively small set list he could squeeze in the odd track to keep us lot happy?

I'm sure they're aware that certain unplayed songs are highly requested but more so...they are aware that certain songs are very popular :)

It's the comflict between artistic and commercial decisions.

I imagine Rod before the TBOS tour: "Why aren't you bloody playing Run To The Bloody Hills? It's a bloody hit, for fucks sake. It's one of the bloody songs that casual bloody fans bloody know. Play the bloody song. It sells bloody tickets."

But the last word is always the band's, Bruce and Steve's to be exact.

If Rod has that mindset surprised he's not trying to eek out another history tour. Holy smoke, bring your daughter, bqbd, from here to Eternity, Man on the edge did reasonably well commercially when released as singles. Throw in Wicker Man, wildest dreams, out of the silent planet, different world, rainmaker and there's an interesting if not spectacular germ of a set list. Pad that out with foi, SIASL, and bloody rtth and we're laughing!

I know it's not the definition of a "history tour", but wouldn't it be cool if Maiden only played songs related to history? ATG, Empire, RTTH...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back