Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
maiden are promoting the game and the pinball...(like ed hunter in the past)
so all the songs are already in the game-pinball soundtracks
ftggog-brave new world-flight of icarus are for me strong bets.

WED will be tough. especially for Nicko to play it night after night. i don't see that coming in.

But on the whole, that seems like a pretty realistic setlist. Nothing outside the norm there, BQOBD would be a great opener! i've always hoped they would bring that one out.

BQOBD is a classic and one of the fastest Maiden songs (along with Aces High). It is a gem from the album and I also hope they gonna play it !

Are Maiden going to release a ''best of''' compilation accompanying the upcoming tour ? The last compilation From Fear to Eternity was a good choice with a specific selection of the songs. On the other hand, SBIT ''best of'' was not so good. You don't do a best from the 80's for Maiden only with 14 songs (with so many hits that Maiden have in the 80's).
Edward The Great compilation was pointless - it was similar to the Best Of The Beast in '96, which contains the song Virus which is kinda cool and it was the first ''best of'' album for the band.
Best Of the 'B' Sides was a nice surprise. Ed Hunter too - Maiden fans choosed their favorite songs for the tour (well, I was surprised that for example songs like ROTAM and SSOASS wasn't included by the fans) - well, Maiden probably released this compilation because of the EH game.

I want a compilation album with a more meaning and LOTB tour gives that opportunity. I do not know, maybe to sort the songs for the ''different interlocking worlds'' ! Also, this LOTB compilation gives a chance for a awesome album cover.

Since we do not get a 90's history tour, when Maiden will release the History Part 4, or they will stream it and put it free on the YouTube. And at the end of the Part 3 it says ''to be continued'' so...
For me this history part 4 should include:
- Live at Donington '92, but the black and white footage to be removed !
- Raising Hell video
- and approx. 1 hour documentary: band speaks about the creation of the NPFTD and FOTD albums

And since Maiden probably won't release any DVD's in the future they can stream their documentaries and put them on the internet free for the fans. Only then they will don't have an excuse like tour or whatever and they can release them at any time. For me, a band can release documentaries without a particular reason !

Last edited:
well, I was surprised that for example songs like ROTAM and SSOASS wasn't included by the fans
Fans probably did vote for those songs, but they most likely had to be left out due to space constraints on the CDs. I vaguely remember reading an interview where Steve mentioned this—that there were some songs they couldn't include on Ed Hunter because they were too long.

Are Maiden going to release a ''best of''' compilation accompanying the upcoming tour ? The last compilation From Fear to Eternity was a good choice with a specific selection of the songs. On the other hand, SBIT ''best of'' was not so good. You don't do a best from the 80's for Maiden only with 14 songs (with so many hits that Maiden have in the 80's).
Edward The Great compilation was pointless - it was similar to the Best Of The Beast in '96, which contains the song Virus which is kinda cool and it was the first ''best of'' album for the band.
Best Of the 'B' Sides was a nice surprise. Ed Hunter too - Maiden fans choosed their favorite songs for the tour (well, I was surprised that for example songs like ROTAM and SSOASS wasn't included by the fans) - well, Maiden probably released this compilation because of the EH game.

I want a compilation album with a more meaning and LOTB tour gives that opportunity. I do not know, maybe to sort the songs for the ''different interlocking worlds'' ! Also, this LOTB compilation gives a chance for a awesome album cover.

Since we do not get a 90's history tour, when Maiden will release the History Part 4, or they will stream it and put it free on the YouTube. And the end of the Part 3 it says ''to be continued'' so...
- Raising Hell video
- and approx. 1 hour documentary: band speaks about the creation of the NPFTD and FOTD albums

And since Maiden probably won't release any DVD's in the future they can stream their documentaries and put them on the internet free for the fans. Only then they will don't have a excuse like tour or whatever and they can release them at any time. For me, band can release documentaries without a particular reason !

Raising Hell, despite having awful magic tricks, is a considerably better performance than Donnington. If they release something from that period, I hope it would be that. Donnington is saveable video-editing wise, but not performance wise.

I think they are also saving the compilations/reissues as post retirement plans.

Fans probably did vote for those songs, but they most likely had to be left out due to space constraints on the CDs. I vaguely remember reading an interview where Steve mentioned this—that there were some songs they couldn't include on Ed Hunter because they were too long.

^ Probably that's the reason !
But it is strange that it includes so many songs that are singles. Other surprises are the inclusion of Killers, maybe SIASL, Man on the Edge and Tailgunner (for that album the title track and BYD... TTS were more obvious), but I guess they wanted the compilation to include songs from all albums ! * I like the inclusion of Futureal - great song and they can play it on every tour because is very short like Wrathchild and a great rocker but in a Maiden style.

Raising Hell, despite having awful magic tricks, is a considerably better performance than Donnington. If they release something from that period, I hope it would be that. Donnington is saveable video-editing wise, but not performance wise.

I think you're right that Raising Hell is a better performance than Donington '92. I want both and the black and white footage has to be removed for good !
They can remove the magic tricks (the concert is 1:53:00 long, without them it would be, to say 1:10:00 - not the typical length for a Maiden concert) !

''I think they are also saving the compilations/reissues as post retirement plans''
- I think it's better to release them when they're still active and on top, that would be more good/cool for the fans, but that's my point of view.

I think you're right that Raising Hell is a better performance than Donington '92. I want both and the black and white footage has to be removed for good !
They can remove the magic tricks (the concert is 1:53:00 long, without them it would be, to say 1:10:00 - not the typical length for a Maiden concert) !

''I think they are also saving the compilations/reissues as post retirement plans''
- I think it's better to release them when they're still active and on top, that would be more good/cool for the fans, but that's my point of view.
I, personally, don't see the point of compilations in today's world, since everybody can make their own on a USB stick. The only way I could justify a compilation is to release it on a vinyl.

- Raising Hell video
Appealing idea but it is never going to happen, the Maiden camp is much too lazy (the only two "retrospective" products that were really good are BOTB and The Early Days 2004 DVD, Eddie's Archives being close behind)

Last edited:
I, personally, don't see the point of compilations in today's world, since everybody can make their own on a USB stick. The only way I could justify a compilation is to release it on a vinyl.

Me neither, but something like Eddie's Archive Part 2 would be pretty cool, even though it would be pretty live-heavy, but that's what I'd prefer anyway, hah.

Me neither, but something like Eddie's Archive Part 2 would be pretty cool, even though it would be pretty live-heavy, but that's what I'd prefer anyway, hah.

That is a good idea. Here's a good selection of live material for Eddie's Archive Part 2:
- full release of the Maiden Japan EP (that will serve as a live album from the Killer tour)
- live album from the World Piece Tour (the concert from Dortmund '83)
- live album from the Somewhere On Tour ( at least they can do that, since they never recorded a video of that tour)
- and maybe live album from the No Prayer On The Road tour (it contains a lot of forgotten songs from the NPFTD album)

Yes. If we are talking about unreleased live material, than I'm all for it. The only question is, when did Maiden begin recording all of the gigs. I'd say in 2008, so I doubt there is much material to release before that.

That said, it would be super cool if they released some tracks like 22AA and Bring Your Daughter from 2003, Murders In A Rue Morgue, DWYBO, Remember Tomorrow and Prowler from 2005 and BTATS, TROBB, FTGGOG and COTD from Download 2007.

Something like:
Eddie's Live archive 03-07

1. 22 Acacia Avenue (Live at Rock Am Ring 2003)
2. Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter (Live at Rock Am Ring 2003)
3. Murders In A Rue Morgue (Live at Ullevi 2005)
4. Prowler (Live at Ullevi 2005)
5. Remember Tomorrow (Live at Ullevi 2005)
6. Die With Your Boots On (Live at Ullevi 2005)
7. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns (Live at Donnington 2007)
8. Children Of The Damned (Live at Donnongton 2007)
9. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg (Live at Donnington 2007)
10. For The Greater Good Of God (Live at Donnington 2007)

A compilation like this would be really cool and I would buy it. No need for video, just audio. The question is, are the audio recordings availible (I know that the 2007 one is) and are they good enough.

Appealing idea but it is never going to happen, the Maiden camp is much too lazy (the only two "retrospective" products that were really good are BOTB and The Early Days 2004 DVD, Eddie's Archives being close behind)

That's sad :( Maiden are very productive band and they can release so much good stuff as a bonus to their albums or documentaries.

Yes. If we are talking about unreleased live material, than I'm all for it. The only question is, when did Maiden begin recording all of the gigs. I'd say in 2008, so I doubt there is much material to release before that.

That said, it would be super cool if they released some tracks like 22AA and Bring Your Daughter from 2003, Murders In A Rue Morgue, DWYBO, Remember Tomorrow and Prowler from 2005 and BTATS, TROBB, FTGGOG and COTD from Download 2007.

Something like:
Eddie's Live archive 03-07

1. 22 Acacia Avenue (Live at Rock Am Ring 2003)
2. Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter (Live at Rock Am Ring 2003)
3. Murders In A Rue Morgue (Live at Ullevi 2005)
4. Prowler (Live at Ullevi 2005)
5. Remember Tomorrow (Live at Ullevi 2005)
6. Die With Your Boots On (Live at Ullevi 2005)
7. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns (Live at Donnington 2007)
8. Children Of The Damned (Live at Donnongton 2007)
9. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg (Live at Donnington 2007)
10. For The Greater Good Of God (Live at Donnington 2007)

A compilation like this would be really cool and I would buy it. No need for video, just audio. The question is, are the audio recordings availible (I know that the 2007 one is) and are they good enough.

Yup. I'd love a live rarities collection like that, but perhaps I'd replace some of the 07 stuff and add another CD which could be "A Matter of Live and Death", with a live recordings of all the AMOLAD songs. If they'll have those recordings anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back