Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I got from reading the article too. Bruce was referring to specific songs in which they have fallen into a groove with and he wants to approach those songs in a different way this time around. What exactly he means by that...we have to wait and see.
He actually mentioned a bit before that he's gotten a bit bored with Fear of the Dark and so he's thinking of changing his approach on the next tour. I think the example was something like being less playful with it and doing it more seriously. I imagine that's what he's referring to, which not exactly anything world altering.

I sincerely doubt any of this is particularly indicative of a super rare song getting playtime. I hope I'm wrong but I imagine they won't stray too far off course. I mean, we've heard the hype talk a million times before. Sometimes it results in a pleasant surprise or two but usually the setlist ends up being pretty predictable.

Since Metallica does that already for a long time, it tends to normalize. You will hear most of the deep cuts if you're keen on going to multiple shows on each tour. Problem, now, with Maiden is that they've got limited time and people are going to be pissed if they didn't play their favourite deep cut at the gigs they were attending.

be quick or be dead
flight of icarus
bring your daughter to the slaughter
stranger in a strange land
no prayer for the dying
wasting love
...my surprising list ...

...my surprising list ...

qVOJ7_s-200x150.gif

fixed:
be quick or be dead
flight of icarus
stranger in a strange land
The Clansman
RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER

i will be greatly disappointed if they will choose For the Greater Good of God instead of Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

Last edited:
I hope it's something like

Rime of the Ancient Mariner
The Red and the Black
The Book of Souls
When The Wild Wind Blows
Sign of the Cross
Empire of the Clouds
The Legacy
Alexander the Great
The Clansman
The Angel and the Gambler
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
For The Greater Good of God
The Talisman
Paschendale
Dream of Mirrors
Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
The Nomad
Iron Maiden

Make that show last all night!

I would most definitely love to see Blaze singing more of Di'Anno's stuff. I think his voice would suit Maiden's earlier sound rather well.

"I'm conscious that over the years we've fallen into a little groove with some songs, so I want to try to shake that groove up a little bit... I want (the audience) to go home going, 'Fucking hell, I can't believe they played that song!' That's the reaction I want... we're playing one or two things that people are gonna be really surprised by. There'll be social media madness after the first show."

-snippet from Kerrang where Bruce talks about the LOTB tour. Looks like I'm going to have a hell of a time staying spoiler-free until August 10th!

View attachment 6769
Damn! Can I stay spoiler free in the chances that they might come back here next year?

I don't think in other song but alexander the great that could cause a great conmotion on the media... What do you think guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back