Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this already posted? This sounds exciting:

BRUCE DICKINSON PREDICTS "SOCIAL MEDIA MADNESS" AFTER FIRST SHOW OF IRON MAIDEN TOUR
http://metaltalk.net/news_eighteen/iron_maiden_bruce_tour_preview.php

"From my perspective, I haven't paid too much attention to the game element, to be honest. I'm focused on what's gonna constitute an amazing setlist, and what's gonna constitute an amazing stage show. I'm looking at the show as something that should certainly exceed what we did on 'The Book Of Souls' tour, and I'm approaching things a slightly different way. I'm approaching some of the songs a slightly different way. I'm conscious that over the years we've fallen into a little groove with some songs, so I want to try to shake that groove up a little bit."

"It's different. But when you do a show like we're planning to do, I want it to be really slick, but awesome. I want people to go, 'Wow! Fucking hell, you've gotta see this show!' I want people to be surprised as well. I want them to go home going,'Fucking hell, I can't believe they played that song!' That's the reaction I want.

"When you do an album tour, it's more... you can take time to be a bit goofy with people and for them to digest it and what have you. On 'The Book Of Souls' tour there was quite a lot of chatting with the audience. I'm not planning that on this tour because we've got so much to do and there's so much going on. The show and the music is gonna carry the whole bloody thing.

"I'm pretty intimately involved in the show. There'll be a couple of moments of chat with the audience, but it should be completely self-explanatory what's going on – the drama should be in the transitions of the stage and the music. And we're playing one or two things that people are gonna be really surprised by. There'll be social media madness after the first show."

I think it has been posted; it is an extract from the most recent Kerrang! issue where Bruce discusses the most important gigs of his life and also says what you have just posted about the forthcoming tour.

Regarding unexpected choices, a Fan Club member has said that Nicko mentioned Flight of Icarus and Where Eagles Dare at NAMM.

I think it has been posted; it is an extract from the most recent Kerrang! issue where Bruce discusses the most important gigs of his life and also says what you have just posted about the forthcoming tour.

Regarding unexpected choices, a Fan Club member has said that Nicko mentioned Flight of Icarus and Where Eagles Dare at NAMM.
Bruce also talks about not speaking to the audience as much and letting the show and music carry the momentum. Hopefully this means we're back to a 16-17 song setlist... or maybe even longer.

I wonder if the new live album having almost all the speaking bits being cut out had something to do with it. Maybe he looked at it and went "hey that'd be interesting to try"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back